diy solar

diy solar

Seems MPP dropped a new inverter...a split phase 10KW

Mehh. Looks like the Lux 12k, SRNE 10k and Megarevo 8K got together and had a red headed step child.
Price will be a big factor with this one I think.
12kpv / 2 mppts / 600v = 10a per mppt? Mehh...
The new app could be interesting for those that want to miss out on solar assistant.
I hope the quality is improved over other versions and the fans aren't the same screamers.

I wonder about the stand-by idle consumption, for this new unit, typically this is the trade-off with the Voltronic units, (low price, high idle) - If anyone knows, I would be interested to see the idle numbers.

For Canucks following: they list 1741/CSA certifications pending 4Q 2023...

Last edited:
You guys don’t even know how much of my time went into the voltronic inverters troubleshooting. Countless nights talking to the engineers trying ti prove there’s a problem. Proving they changed hardware. At one point having to fly to another country and physically show it yo them before they would admit it. Then all the firmwares that came after it we had to test so we could find a solution.

I just personally didn’t have a good experience with them. I learned a lot but I wouldn’t want to do it again.

Instead of making new inverters, they need to work on perfecting (or fixing rather) those that they already have out... Like the LV6548V they completely hosed with the 110W idle consumption and the LV6548 that, according to them, has not been discontinued but does not appear to be getting produced anymore anywhere. They ruined that product in my eyes.

Did Signature Solar/EG4 just completely admit to all the issues with their pre-18kPV inverters with that statement @SignatureSolarJames
Hey those inverters are way better than the other options we had last year. And considering the price point, still a great option. I've put megawatt hours through them without issue. And EG4 was the first one to get voltronic to do a high voltage input.

I think the lv6048 is one of the most underappreciated units out there to this day. I love mine.

Voltronic may not have the same feature set as an 18K, but for the price, they are still an awesome option. I'm keeping mine.

Instead of making new inverters, they need to work on perfecting (or fixing rather) those that they already have out... Like the LV6548V they completely hosed with the 110W idle consumption and the LV6548 that, according to them, has not been discontinued but does not appear to be getting produced anymore anywhere. They ruined that product in my eyes.
It's around 70W. Is there a new version that does 110W?

Oops I stand corrected, I totally forgot about your video! I never got that version. Gosh what a joke. I hope EG4 cuts them out one day.

Screenshot_20230923_103740_YouTube.jpg

I may still like mine, but I forgot about what Markus said as well. When they changed the hardware without telling anyone.

Working with China does not sound fun.

It's around 70W. Is there a new version that does 110W?

The original LV6548 is around 70W. The new LV6548V that supports the higher 390V PV input idles at 110W. To further complicate their mess, they have firmware to enable CAN communications for both, but it only applies to those produced on/after Q4 2022. The LV6548 after this date seem to be non-existent. Don't get me wrong, I love the LV6548 and intend to keep my pair running, but they wasted/ruined a fantastic opportunity they had to improve the product in many ways.

Back