diy solar

diy solar

Seplos nightmare

atti

In the past I placed 4x135Ah DIY kit from Seplos and it took 8-9 months for the delivery (was promised 50 days delivery), I thought it might be one off and ordered again and this time they took 4 months before the delivery, this is still not done due to various reasons beyond my control and now they are asking more money because of many failed attempted deliveries. While waiting for this order to arrive I placed another order and I am worried it might be delayed like the previous ones too. I have been dealing with Jerry Qiu.

Has anyone else faced similar situation like mine? After these experiences I think Seplos is another cowboy company with total lack of professionalism and totally unreliable.

"After these experiences I think Seplos is another cowboy company with total lack of professionalism and totally unreliable."

Zero experience with them. But at this point, I'd say you probably got it figured out.

If it is the freight company that wants more money to attempt another delivery, see if you can pick up at the terminal. That's normally free.

What is a failed delivery? They tried to deliver but nobody was present to accept the shipment?
I ordered this in August, 2022. Once money was received they didn't ship the item up until October, citing lack of BMS. No mention of that before money was paid.

I had scheduled journey abroad in November and December, which I made clear from day one, either item should arrive before or after my trip abroad. Despite making it clear Seplos guys made sure that the item arrives in my absence. This is not a small item I can ask any neighbour or friend to keep while I am away. This led me to change the delivery schedule a few time, after rescheduling it a few times local DPD delivery guys returned (without any warning) the item to the UK forwarder's warehouse and now they want me to pay for delivery again, that's hundreds of £££ again.

At this stage I am totally p*ssed off due to this. Not just my delivery is stuck and delayed also I have to pay again! It is all Seplo's fault, if they could have sent this on time (or alternatively delayed it a bit), none of this would have happened. Whatever they said changes once money is in their pocket. They have done it twice in a row.

Just making everyone else aware incase they take their words as granted. Very shoddy service.

Last edited:
I bought 3 of the 135 amp Mason kits. Other than horrible communication with the shipping information, where I thought I was being scammed, it has been a good experience. I have a few gripes about the design which I was able to address while putting them together. Other than that, I think it is a good product that has been working well for me. If the batts continue to work reliably, I ended up with a good deal. Too bad there are so many negative experiences.

in your mind and experience only..
there's 2 sides of every story, wondering what seplos's is..
That is a PC way of calling me a liar. I have posted plenty of data and videos to back up my statement.

The seplos side is one of pushing blame to anyone else they possibly can.

That is a PC way of calling me a liar. I have posted plenty of data and videos to back up my statement.

The seplos side is one of pushing blame to anyone else they possibly can.
not calling you anything, but thereś always 2 sides to each story

you'ĺl find with every company or supplier you have happy customers and less than happy customers...

my experience has been nothing but good....
then again i never flashed firmware to a bms that wasn't functioning 10x ...
i simply send it back to seplos ..
but hey, that's me

....with a marginal product.
You could be saying one particular product is marginal, or all of their products are marginal. I will state that the one Seplos product I have experience with is IMO not even close to being judged as marginal.

You could be saying one particular product is marginal, or all of their products are marginal. I will state that the one Seplos product I have experience with is IMO not even close to being judged as marginal.
You aren't wrong. The cases they make are top notch. The BMS on the other hand is a bag of cats. I have 4 of them and they all do different things. In particular they stop communicating after weeks of working fine.... But it never seems to be the same solution that gets them working again.

Only one of the 4 work 100% of the time.

That has been my experience at least

You aren't wrong. The cases they make are top notch. The BMS on the other hand is a bag of cats. I have 4 of them and they all do different things. In particular they stop communicating after weeks of working fine.... But it never seems to be the same solution that gets them working again.

Only one of the 4 work 100% of the time.

That has been my experience at least
Weird, I commissioned four of the MASON 280 cases with 200A BMS last June and have not had to touch them since.

So far, I have had a good experience with Seplos. I placed an order on the 18th of December and received all the items by the end of Feb 2023. but I know the freight forwarders are a nightmare. they don't update tracking, and after registering for the delivery notice, they just appear on the doorstep without any prior notice.

Weird, I commissioned four of the MASON 280 cases with 200A BMS last June and have not had to touch them since.
I had no problems until they gave me the voltronics firmware, and after one of them blew up they don't want to warranty it. They are telling me to go to EEL where I got two of the cases. Even though they are seplos BMS. So now I have to explain to EEL that seplos gave me bad firmware / bad software to load the firmware.. I am sure you can imagine how that is going...

I am hugely annoyed and frustrated. I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand for them.

I had no problems until they gave me the voltronics firmware, and after one of them blew up they don't want to warranty it. They are telling me to go to EEL where I got two of the cases. Even though they are seplos BMS. So now I have to explain to EEL that seplos gave me bad firmware / bad software to load the firmware.. I am sure you can imagine how that is going...

I am hugely annoyed and frustrated. I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand for them.
so let me recap..

you buy at EEL
you ask seplos for support, eventhough you didnt pay them.
they try to help you by providing firmware to be used at your own risk
something went wrong and you bricked your bms.
you thought it was a good idea to reflash that bms 10* untill it really broke.
seplos tells you to contact the seller of your gear, because they ran out of options, and EEL is responsible for warrantee claims..

but seplos is a nightmare

seems there is two sides to every story, but i could have misunderstood

so let me recap..
Let me correct your "recap"
you buy at EEL
I bought the first two cases at Seplos and they were terrible at communicating simple things like when the units would ship / had they shipped. Took three weeks to get a response after I paid them. So the second set of cases got ordered from EEL (who also lied about having US Stock).
you ask seplos for support, eventhough you didnt pay them.
I did - I bought two units direct from them and two BMS via EEL. EEL ships a Seplos BMS.
they try to help you by providing firmware to be used at your own risk
The firmware they gave me isn't "use at your own risk" - Where did you glean that from? Seems made up. It's not some random firmware off the internet, they provided it to support inverters that use 9600 baud instead of 19200.
something went wrong and you bricked your bms.
The terrible software they distribute to conduct the flashing operation (battery monitor) is what broke the BMS.
you thought it was a good idea to reflash that bms 10* untill it really broke.
I brought it back to life on my bench by flashing it 10 plus times. They probably lack CRC / checksumming prior to execution of the flashing operation (those are best guesses). It's still working, just not communicating. Flashing it multiple times ensures all the bits make it down to the data storage medium. I imagine some form of EPROM / EEPROM.
seplos tells you to contact the seller of your gear, because they ran out of options, and EEL is responsible for warrantee claims..
The EEL battery ships with a Seplos BMS, so it's a Seplos product. It would be no different getting service for a cummins engine in a Dodge truck at a Cummins service station.
but seplos is a nightmare
Accurate
seems there is two sides to every story, but i could have misunderstood
Yea - seems like you misunderstood.

Seems like you have a high opinion of Seplos and I have the opposite. Like you said earlier - some people have a good experience and some people have a bad one.

Last edited:
I think the company is a bit too small for their large amount of orders. Especially the DIY boxes. My bms's shipped out after a week. Communication was really good. Even when it was midnight in China my contact on alibaba would respond.

I think the company is a bit too small for their large amount of orders. Especially the DIY boxes. My bms's shipped out after a week. Communication was really good. Even when it was midnight in China my contact on alibaba would respond.
The DIY case is honestly top notch. Nothing bad to say about the case at all.

Back