diy solar

diy solar

Seplos post-sales experience

kenzo

Given my recent experience with multiple issues I tried escalating to Seplos via Support, I was wondering if anyone here experienced actual success when escalating an issue to Support that required an actual code change / firmware upgrade.
As an example, I was asked to provide loads of debugging output (candump, etc.) for the issue I reported here. After a while, Support went silent mentioning they'd investigate my issue - when following up two weeks later, they indicated that currently, their support for Victron is "incomplete" and "not perfect" and might be perfect "in a long time". Similar experience when trying to highlight the shortcoming of their CVL/CCL handling with Victron.
So I'm wondering: Is it only me, and I'm simply not lucky since I pick the wrong issue to highlight to Seplos, or is this a general problem others experience as well?
The latest response I've been given is that Seplos won't listen to "a small support engineer" which doesn't bode well when it comes to future issues with the BMS.
Looking forward to hearing some success stories here!

@kenzo update on your issue? What BMS version do you have, is it the new version, v16 / 10E? I am thinking of purchasing their MASON kit that comes with their latest BMS.

@kenzo update on your issue? What BMS version do you have, is it the new version, v16 / 10E? I am thinking of purchasing their MASON kit that comes with their latest BMS.
No update, Seplos doesn't really have post-sales from my experience. I purchased v14, so the non-Bluetooth version. I'm almost certain that CAN/inverter handling won't be very much different on the most recent hardware (even though it runs a newer firmware), but I don't have first-hand experience.

Back