diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar disappointing service

I bet you have. Almost every major social media forum/platform block its users from talking about their experience with 2-3 specific companies products. This happened heavily for the last 2 years. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok all did and currently do it.
I have only seen that on one gun forum. It erases the post and Bans a user who says anything negative about the NRA.
I have never come across it on any other forum.
TikTok etc. operate on a corporate $$$ level so that is expected.

I have only seen that on one gun forum. It erases the post and Bans a user who says anything negative about the NRA.
Well it happens. Not saying it’s right. But it definitely happens.

Have you ever been on Reddit?? It's all the above x3.

Have you ever been on Reddit?? It's all the above x3.
Yes I am a member but I typically just hop on there to find an answer to a question and hop back off.
I never really spend much time on there, I hate the advertisements thrown in between posts that are made to look like posts.

Just to close the loop on this thread. My new/replacement battery arrived today from SS. It was in good shape and worked fine.

We were unable to come to a deal on the damaged battery, so that was sent back to SS.

Initial order (Which was the damaged battery) was placed on July 8th. It is now September 14th. I received zero compensation for the stress, hoop jumping, and delay induced by this incident from SS.

Bottom line, do not accept damaged shipments from SS. Inspect your order carefully upon arrival.

You want compensation for stress?

You're ok with compensation for hoop jumping and delay?

You could rename the stress compensation "goodwill gesture" or something if it makes you feel better.;)

Lots of judgement passing here, maybe you didn’t read the beginning of the thread.

When a customer spends 10’s of thousands of dollars at your business, and has shipping damages on an item, and you give them the run around to replace it, that’s a problem. I’m convinced it was only addressed because I came here and complained.

I took days off of work to be available for shipments to arrive, and ship damaged goods back, that caused me to lose income. Stressful...you bet.

Spending hours going back and forth with SS via email and phone for a problem that should have required zero interaction with them is what I call hoop jumping.

Making a customer wait over two months for a replacement product damaged in shipping is ridiculous. Again, I had to take time off work to assemble this system, which couldn’t be completed because of the missing battery. They only replaced it because I came here and complained, that is totally unacceptable.

I feel at a minimum they could have tried to save face and offer some kind of discount, or make a deal with me on this damaged battery, but they were unwilling to even do that much. It would have gone a long way towards establishing confidence in their customer service again, for myself, and other forum members, but they defaulted to their standard of doing the minimum required.

I won’t be doing business with them anymore. The name calling and insults are unwarranted. Hopefully you guys aren’t business owners.

Bottom line, inspect your shipments from SS carefully. If there is damage, refuse the shipment and send it back, or end up in the matrix like I did.

I think @Asymair95 's opinion is fair. A business can either operate as one who anyone can trust to take care of a customer when there is an issue even if it means losing some money on that one customer or making the customer pay for issues out of their control.

I agree that Asymair95's issue took much longer than it should have. When the battery arrived at his location with a dent, he was uncomfortable doing any testing whatsoever with the battery to determine functionality, which is perfectly understandable. So we sent over a shipping label so that the battery could be sent back. As soon as the LTL carrier picked up the unit, the new unit would ship... and then we began negotiating ways for him to keep the battery at his request. These negotiations put the shipment on hold. The negotiations went on for a few days and our best offer was almost 40% off the battery. He decided these terms were not acceptable and the new battery was sent to him the next day.

So yes, the process took a while. But the primary reason for the delay was to try and satisfy the request of the customer. I don't mean to lay blame or anything of that sort. Because WE DID SEND A DENTED BATTERY. And it took about 6 Business days after he received the damaged battery for us to make initial contact with him. After the customer deciding he would not troubleshoot the battery to determine functionality we immediately set up to have a full warranty replacement shipped to him at no cost and we would be covering the shipping cost. I am very sorry that this left a bad taste in the customers mouth, but SS was doing everything he requested to try to resolve the problem. The terms we offered were not agreeable, which is his prerogative, but attempting to arrive at these terms took a few days.

As anyone in the service business knows, there are people out there who will attempt to game the system to get an advantage (THIS CUSTOMER DID NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SS) and there are policies in place that we must adhere to in order to protect ourselves and the customers who have legitimate issues.

Back