diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Sales/Discounts ... do they do this often or is this Really a Sale?

Kenny_

Solar Addict
Not really a review but more of a question. It seems Signature Solar is having a good sale on the eg4 18 Kpv and batteries through the end of the month. I'm reasonably new to this whole field (FYI I'm and EE but my background/experience is in computers/software not in power systems). I'm not sure how often Signature Solar (or any other vendors for that matter) have sales like this and wondering if it is a 'normal' repeated occurrance?

I'm very tempted to purchase the 18 Kpv and batteries, even moreso with the current sale/discount.

And also the free shipping. Is that a recurring thing or actually special?

What say you?

Last edited:
What fighting.... I'm just looking for information knowing that some retailers have a "constant sale." I am not that familiar with SS some and looking for input from anyone who has followed them for a while.

Thanks

I have been watching Signature Solar closely since April of this year. They have the typical retailer/etailer sales, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Fall, and probably a Winter and Spring sale. The 18K is a new product and they're trying to get it out. They have had sales here/there on it with the batteries and without the batteries for at least the last four months.

I have been watching Signature Solar closely since April of this year. They have the typical retailer/etailer sales, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Fall, and probably a Winter and Spring sale. The 18K is a new product and they're trying to get it out. They have had sales here/there on it with the batteries and without the batteries for at least the last four months.
Thank you I appreciate that!

It's possible they may have a slightly bigger sale towards the end of the year, but from what I've seen the Sale price is typically always the same. They have a floor for the discounted price and they never really seem to go below that. Sometimes they'll switch it up as marketing teams do and make it a sorta package deal, or buy more and the price each comes down, but it has in my experience all equaled about the same discount maximum.

Current Connected and others sell EG4. I would definitely shop around.
You can also buy the Lux Power LXP-LB 12K if you don't like that big 18kpv on the front.

If you are into this price tier also look at other Tier 1 equipment. Lux Power seems like a promising company with great support (judging based off the forum) but they haven't been around to long.

You can also buy the Lux Power LXP-LB 12K if you don't like that big 18kpv on the front.

If you are into this price tier also look at other Tier 1 equipment. Lux Power seems like a promising company with great support (judging based off the forum) but they haven't been around to long.
Unless I'm seeing this wrong, the 18K is a Lux Power inverter, rebranded by EG4, or maybe you meant a smaller unit.

1697224623747.png

Thanks. Good suggestions. I'm potentially looking a a whole house system (on the lower end)... have only really considered EG4 and Sol-Ark at this point...

Thanks. Good suggestions. I'm potentially looking a a whole house system (on the lower end)... have only really considered EG4 and Sol-Ark at this point...
Schneider, Midnite Solar, Victron and others would be tier 1 in my opinion.

Since you said lower end... I'll share my thread with you. There are quite a few members running / getting ready to install one now.

Edit - Read up on Deye before you buy a Solark...

I don't wanna taint your interests, and I'm sure many people will argue with me when they see my post. Against my better judgment if you're considering Sol-Ark, look no further. Signature Solar and EG4 make great reliable batteries, it's probably the hottest-selling item for them. The 18K is a new product, it has bugs, some very significant for other members of the forum (look around for 18K woes). It will probably become a better product with firmware updates and maybe even a hardware revision in the future. In my experience the Sol-Ark line is more polished, the Support one can argue is better than what you'll get from Signature and it works perfectly with the EG4 batteries.

The best news is, recently in the last 60 days (ish) the price has come down on the Sol-Arks, my 15K was $5500 roughly the same as the 18K from EG4 and I would argue given the maturity, software stability, support, and large market of partnerships and compatibility, not to mention good documentation, it's simply a better choice for nearly the same price.

Schneider, Midnite Solar, Victron and others would be tier 1 in my opinion.

Since you said lower end... I'll share my thread with you. There are quite a few members running / getting ready to install one now.

Edit - Read up on Deye before you buy a Solark...
Thanks I am still in the discovery phase. As far as low end I'm currently using about 20 KWh per day but may be upping that in the (near?) future to add a heat pump and other possible stuffs ... We'll see

The 18K is a new product, it has bugs, some very significant for other members of the forum (look around for 18K woes)
The first firmware was crap, and not the one EG4 thought it was shipping with.
It will probably become a better product with firmware updates
Latest firmware is great, what it should have been all along.
In my experience the Sol-Ark line is more polished
They have had issues in early firmware too, just not so widely talked about here.
Sol-Ark line is more polished, the Support one can argue is better than what you'll get from Signature
I have no defense on this point !!!!

the free freight sale is worth an additional $400-600 on whole system orders, we have to drive deals end of September and look for things that we can really cut a break on, after working with our freight companies we launched the free freight sale as well as got the huge discounts on panels active

The best news is, recently in the last 60 days (ish) the price has come down on the Sol-Arks, my 15K was $5500 roughly the same as the 18K from EG4 and I would argue given the maturity, software stability, support, and large market of partnerships and compatibility, not to mention good documentation, it's simply a better choice for nearly the same price.
Where is it $5,500?

Back