diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar slow to ship.

schmalz81401

I ordered a Victron MultiPlus-II 48v on Monday and today (Thursday) it still has not shipped.

Is this the normal time to pull and ship an order from them for you?

S

I’d say about half of my online orders in various types of commerce take 2-4 days to ship

I was charged for a big (for me) order in mid-June. Then they called back and said the battery rack was out of stock, and would follow the rest of the stuff in two weeks. I figured I could wait two weeks in exchange for not having to sit around waiting for the truck two separate days, so I told them to hold the shipment until the rack came, but please keep me updated. I got no updates, but I assumed that meant there was no change in plan. Then after the two weeks were up, I called them to see if the rack was in, and they said it would be two more weeks. Two weeks later, again with no updates, I called and they said now we expect it sometime in August. Note that at no time was the rack marked out of stock on their website.

By then, I was running out of time because I have some stuff going on starting early in August, so I said OK, cancel the rack and send the rest of the stuff. They said the solar panels I had paid for a month earlier were now out of stock. So I said I would buy different panels and pay the difference. They said they would have to cancel the original order and make a new one. I asked if I would still get $200 shipping deal they had when I originally bought the stuff. They said they'd have to check with the supervisor, who would be out till Monday.

So Monday the 10th they say they will honor the shipping deal, and we finalize the order. It didn't ship until Friday the 14th. I'm in WA state. The stuff arrived in Portland, OR on Tuesday the 18th and then sat there for a week. I guess FedEx economy means they only come to the boonies once or twice a month. The stuff finally arrived yesterday, a full six weeks after my credit card was charged.

On the bright side, I don't see any shipping damage, and I think they gave me a better deal on the batteries than I originally had.

Last edited:
I was charged for a big (for me) order in mid-June. Then they called back and said the battery rack was out of stock, and would follow the rest of the stuff in two weeks. I figured I could wait two weeks in exchange for not having to sit around waiting for the truck two separate days, so I told them to hold the shipment until the rack came, but please keep me updated. I got no updates, but I assumed that meant there was no change in plan. Then after the two weeks were up, I called them to see if the rack was in, and they said it would be two more weeks. Two weeks later, again with no updates, I called and they said now we expect it sometime in August. Note that at no time was the rack marked out of stock on their website.

By then, I was running out of time because I have some stuff going on starting early in August, so I said OK, cancel the rack and send the rest of the stuff.
This is disheartening. I ordered a (6) battery rack/kit over the 4th sale. No notification other than when my ordered 'changed status' and, yup, the rack was listed as backordered. About 2 weeks later the batteries all got here - so I emailed to see what the wait on the racks were. Was told two weeks. That was two weeks ago and they simply repeated the two week delay again yesterday.

I have my final AHJ inspection in August. So at this point all I'm waiting on is the rack and I don't really want to final commission/prep my system as incomplete for the inspection.

This is disheartening. I ordered a (6) battery rack/kit over the 4th sale. No notification other than when my ordered 'changed status' and, yup, the rack was listed as backordered. About 2 weeks later the batteries all got here - so I emailed to see what the wait on the racks were. Was told two weeks. That was two weeks ago and they simply repeated the two week delay again yesterday.

I have my final AHJ inspection in August. So at this point all I'm waiting on is the rack and I don't really want to final commission/prep my system as incomplete for the inspection.
That flat out sucks but I did go thru the same thing with sungold off there site recently trying to buy solar panels from them.

Bought the panels and waited and waited. Money cleared but no shipment.

Asked about it and they said they were held up in customs. Then they said it arrived and they would be shipping.

This went on for about a week and then it changed to they would be in next month.

I cancelled the order and ordered Renogy panels from amazon. So its not just ss that has issues with order status. Sungold never showed any change on their webpage for the item being back ordered or anything.

I ordered $100 worth of wire and some MC4 connectors and it took 2 or 3 days before UPS picked up the package from them. Only took another day or 2 for UPS to get it to me.

But it says right on their email order notification that it will take 48-72 hours to get a tracking number, so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I try to plan better when I need things in a hurry.

Yes, 2-4 days from order to ship is normal for Signature Solar.

The out of stock issues, however, are not acceptable. If it's not able to be shipped then the website shouldn't allow the sale, so that's something I'd definitely complain about.

I have spent a ton of money at Signature Solar, most of the time I drive up there to pick it up. Every time I go the shipping route for something a like a solar charge controller or inverter it takes weeks for them to ship it. I have canceled a few orders, when I call after a week and they said it will ship in 2-3 days and never does.

I do have a question with shipping and tax that inverter is $1,514.78 at signature solar.
If you got that same inverter from inverter supply it would be $1,388.05 free shipping and (no tax?) (They dont charge tax and leave it up to you to claim)

Also check out the new Victron MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-95 120V its $422 for 2000VA move.

can't be worse than current connected. horrible shipping experience.
Care to share, so we can improve? We ship 95% of orders within 1 business day, often times the same day - the only exception being some larger freight orders.

Not sure where it could have gone wrong. Was it something we did or FedEx did?

I have spent a ton of money at Signature Solar, most of the time I drive up there to pick it up. Every time I go the shipping route for something a like a solar charge controller or inverter it takes weeks for them to ship it. I have canceled a few orders, when I call after a week and they said it will ship in 2-3 days and never does.

I do have a question with shipping and tax that inverter is $1,514.78 at signature solar.
If you got that same inverter from inverter supply it would be $1,388.05 free shipping and (no tax?) (They dont charge tax and leave it up to you to claim)

Also check out the new Victron MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-95 120V its $422 for 2000VA move.
Didn't know about them. Thanks for the info!

B

Care to share, so we can improve? We ship 95% of orders within 1 business day, often times the same day - the only exception being some larger freight orders.

Not sure where it could have gone wrong. Was it something we did or FedEx did?

sure....i emailed your shipping dept june 13 and asked if i could arrange to have my batteries shipped so they arrived between june 26 and june 30 when i was on vacation so i could be there to unload them. i wanted to place the order early as inventory was dwindling, she said sure, no problem - i ordered them on june 14. they didn't get shipped until june 23....tracking said they weren't going to get here until july 3. well that did me no good, i emailed shipping and she said her quote said 5 days. i called fedex and they told me residential economy is a minimum of 7 days. seems shipping should have known that. i email shipping back and she tells me how you guys did me a favor because the real shipping rate was so much more than i paid. and can i get someone else to unload them....no, that's why i needed them between those days. so now they are on a train....they don't get to my local hub on july 3 because of the holiday. i call them after the holiday and they say it won't be until the next thursday (july 13) for a lift gate - i still don't know how i'm going receive them if i'm not home.... i didn't need a lift gate so they were able to get them on a truck for july 7....and luckily before i had to leave for work. so i paid for residential lift gate and didn't get it (well, if i had waited another wk i could have) and the shipping dept acted like it was my fault, the holidays fault, fedex's fault....

sure....i emailed your shipping dept june 13 and asked if i could arrange to have my batteries shipped so they arrived between june 26 and june 30 when i was on vacation so i could be there to unload them. i wanted to place the order early as inventory was dwindling, she said sure, no problem - i ordered them on june 14. they didn't get shipped until june 23....tracking said they weren't going to get here until july 3. well that did me no good, i emailed shipping and she said her quote said 5 days. i called fedex and they told me residential economy is a minimum of 7 days. seems shipping should have known that. i email shipping back and she tells me how you guys did me a favor because the real shipping rate was so much more than i paid. and can i get someone else to unload them....no, that's why i needed them between those days. so now they are on a train....they don't get to my local hub on july 3 because of the holiday. i call them after the holiday and they say it won't be until the next thursday (july 13) for a lift gate - i still don't know how i'm going receive them if i'm not home.... i didn't need a lift gate so they were able to get them on a truck for july 7....and luckily before i had to leave for work. so i paid for residential lift gate and didn't get it (well, if i had waited another wk i could have) and the shipping dept acted like it was my fault, the holidays fault, fedex's fault....
Please DM me your email and I will look into the matter promptly.

Bah! It's on backorder :(

diy solar

diy solar
Back