diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Two Hours On Hold Just To Buy an Item!

Can you post some screenshots of these long hold times? It would be so nice if we could have some evidence. Just take a screenshot of the time you've been on hold and then post it here. I still haven't had anyone post evidence of these long wait times.
At the time I did not take any screen shots and they along with others now claim that the problem is fixed. Is there any point?

At the time I did not take any screen shots and they along with others now claim that the problem is fixed. Is there any point?
I just like to see evidence so I can mention it in my videos. If I don't, I can't say anything. But if it's fixed, then that's awesome. Just read the first post and wondered why there was no evidence of the call. When I assert a claim online, I need to share my evidence in my video. Me just saying something doesn't do much. I need evidence.

Just a few comments from the stands.

It’s hard running a business. Smart, honest, diligent staff are hard to find and keep.

Most businesses that sell physical products are really only middlemen. They buy items made in China and sell them at a large markup.

These businesses can be successful if they sell a lot of products. Their success can be heavily negatively impacted if they have to do a lot more than sell the product.

Some of the solar products are quite complex. Many buyers expect and want the supplier to help them a lot. This can also heavily negatively effect the success of the business.

People get irate when they don’t get what they expect, even if objectively their expectations are unrealistic.

A professional installer (of anything) will charge a high price for labor and a high markup on any items. If he judges it right he will be able to cover the problems easily from his profit.

There are a few options:

One can source items from China directly, accepting that the low price means no returns, no “support” and if you buy it, it’s yours from then on.

One can pay a high price to a professional after extreme diligence and be persistent until the “promised perfection” is achieved.

However buying from a middleman comes with obvious issues. No matter how well intentioned the middleman may simply not find it possible to provide the level of “support” that customers require.

This is where competition comes in. No middleman is the sole source of anything for long. Competitors will spring up. Some will fail, some will prosper. Quite possibly those selling complex products at the lowest price will fail.

It’s almost never a simple matter. And alas real honesty is in limited supply.

Good luck to all.

Just a few comments from the stands.

It’s hard running a business. Smart, honest, diligent staff are hard to find and keep.

Most businesses that sell physical products are really only middlemen. They buy items made in China and sell them at a large markup.

These businesses can be successful if they sell a lot of products. Their success can be heavily negatively impacted if they have to do a lot more than sell the product.

Some of the solar products are quite complex. Many buyers expect and want the supplier to help them a lot. This can also heavily negatively effect the success of the business.

People get irate when they don’t get what they expect, even if objectively their expectations are unrealistic.

A professional installer (of anything) will charge a high price for labor and a high markup on any items. If he judges it right he will be able to cover the problems easily from his profit.

There are a few options:

One can source items from China directly, accepting that the low price means no returns, no “support” and if you buy it, it’s yours from then on.

One can pay a high price to a professional after extreme diligence and be persistent until the “promised perfection” is achieved.

However buying from a middleman comes with obvious issues. No matter how well intentioned the middleman may simply not find it possible to provide the level of “support” that customers require.

This is where competition comes in. No middleman is the sole source of anything for long. Competitors will spring up. Some will fail, some will prosper. Quite possibly those selling complex products at the lowest price will fail.

It’s almost never a simple matter. And alas real honesty is in limited supply.

Good luck to all.
I am replying to this to emphasize it and it should be made a sticky. You have so nailed this on the head.

Can you post some screenshots of these long hold times? It would be so nice if we could have some evidence. Just take a screenshot of the time you've been on hold and then post it here. I still haven't had anyone post evidence of these long wait times.
This was on my birthday! I lost almost 2 hours of my birthday lol. I wanted to purchase one of the new adjustable solar racks. I should get something for that time. The first call for 40 minutes was dropped before I could even get someone. Imagine holding 40 minutes and the call gets dropped. Not their fault but still. Then the second call, I hung up on purpose. Then, called the third time. That time I did get someone and placed my order but it was almost 45 minutes on hold and 15 talking to someone.

Attachments

• 2290E3BB-5259-413A-AC4C-B84089EF97D1.jpeg
    2290E3BB-5259-413A-AC4C-B84089EF97D1.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This was on my birthday! I lost almost 2 hours of my birthday lol. I wanted to purchase one of the new adjustable solar racks. I should get something for that time. The first call for 40 minutes was dropped before I could even get someone. Imagine holding 40 minutes and the call gets dropped. Not their fault but still. Then the second call, I hung up on purpose. Then, called the third time. That time I did get someone and placed my order but it was almost 45 minutes on hold and 15 talking to someone.
That looks pretty damn "proofy" to me.

Happy belated birthday 728 brother.

That wait time is ridiculous, I'd be seriously irritated.

Would you mind DMing me your phone number and email address? It will help me use this as a learning opportunity for our team so we can work toward preventing these types of wait times.

It being at the end of the day on a Friday, volume may have been the issue but I want to make sure it wasn't something else.

Would you mind DMing me your phone number and email address? It will help me use this as a learning opportunity for our team so we can work toward preventing these types of wait times.

It being at the end of the day on a Friday, volume may have been the issue but I want to make sure it wasn't something else.
I emailed you. I am also in Florida on EST, so take an hour off that call time since you are Central time.

I get it, I absolutely understand this concern. I'm not going to make excuses for the phone not being answered, none of them would be any good anyway. The focus has been on Tech Support of late so we can improve after sales support, we've made some hires and are solving problems at a greater rate than we ever have before. Sales is the next focus. We are moving to have more educated and driven sales people so you can be confident that when you do call SS, you are going to get to talk to someone that can answer your questions and fulfill all your solar needs.

Robby, I know you aren't our biggest fan and I hate that we missed an opportunity to give you a good experience.
The way to solve this problem is to have ANYONE in the company to be able to answer calls and log in a sales order. There is no rocket science in that job. Now with Support, Anyone can answer the phone and MAYBE its a simple question that the janitor can answer. (Have you read some of these questions on here or Facebook?). If there is need for "Higher Level" support, than the person can explain that to the caller and forward the call to an individual. Having worked in IT for a while, everyone has their speciality, and practically everyone in the company knows who has what speciality (Battery Chemistry, Wiring, Safety, Sizing, Newtworking, WIFi, Apple, Andriod, etc)

diy solar

diy solar
Back