diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar wins... I lose.

Supply dictates price right now. Right now in Texas lumber is in short supply. Maybe your state needs to share with Texas or stop all of these people from California moving to Texas. I have never seen in my life as many apartments and houses being built at one time. values of house in four years have doubled. Property taxes are killing us.

Supply dictates price right now. Right now in Texas lumber is in short supply. Maybe your state needs to share with Texas or stop all of these people from California moving to Texas. I have never seen in my life as many apartments and houses being built at one time. values of house in four years have doubled. Property taxes are killing us.
Hopefully, when they come to Texas, they don't bring the reason they left California to Texas.

Anyhow, I'd wager some of the customers might pay a small premium for some type of cheap but protective sheet goods, or other guarding material, on expensive and/or fragile orders. Maybe add that as an option when checking out.

I had them flat. You had them flat. Sounds like FLAT is the way to go.
SS should try them FLAT for a change before SS becomes a meme for "Shattered Solar"....
My 24 panels were shipped flat. The bottom two were damaged by a forklift operator who didn't know what they were doing. (More than likely didn't care) The actual pallet looked like it had been ran over.
Damage happens in shipping, it's just the times we live in.

I hate to hear these kind of storys but at the end of the day the Shipping company is responsible for any damages if the equipment was packaged correctly. By other peoples posts I have learned to buy a couple of extra panels in case of shipping damage, user error or other failures. Then if you have shipping damage go after the shipper. Most times the shipper will require shipping insurance over a set price.

We take photos of 100% of shipments prior to being loaded and sent. Even with that proof, it is still sometimes hard to win freight claims.
@RichardFromEG4 Why can't you ship single panels? I purchased my last 12 panels from Amazon. They all shipped individually boxed with foam inside from the manufacturer (Rich Solar) and no shipping charge. No damage to any.

@RichardFromEG4 Why can't you ship single panels? I purchased my last 12 panels from Amazon. They all shipped individually boxed with foam inside from the manufacturer (Rich Solar) and no shipping charge. No damage to any.
I'm sure if they were shipping 100 - 200 watt panels at $1/watt via regular ground methods they would ship single panels...
The size of larger panels pretty much makes shipping a single panel pointless, since it would have to be freight at a cost greater than the panel itself.
Compare the price per watt of your Amazon panels to a new 250w or greater panel...

I have read the entire post and now ill give my 2 cents. First off RichardFromEG4 is not doing a good job as the SS spokesman. He is coming of like a petulant child not like a professional. You do not attack each posted and try to disprove them, all you are doing is making your company look bad. Just blaming the customer for agreeing to terms is not a justification. Every read all the terms of your cellphone? how about your smart TV? Sometimes people miss things even if the read it. One simple rule to fallow is the customer is always right! even when they are wrong you make them think they are right. There are ways you COULD have talked the guy down like offering him a discount on the 4 panels you needed him to buy. Maybe offering him free shipping on the 4 panels, but you did not even try. Instead he comes here to vent and you come with a 90 page thesis on why everyone is wrong and you are right. Guess what the company is almost always wrong so keeping customer happy is all you can do.

As for all your claims on shipping I have ordered 9 panels from AltE before and 3 came crushed. They sent me out 3 more with out issue and they all arrived safe. I have ordered panels from Rich Soler and they come wrapped individually so it can be dun. Yes sometimes things get damaged but it is YOUR responsibility to get it to the customer. Claiming the shipper will not pay for the damage is BUNK in my case the shipper did pay and they took better care on the next one. Maybe you just don't use good shippers to save a few pennies.

Simple fact is weather or not the customer read the terms or not SS handled this wrong and it will have an impact on future customers.
Nothing personal its just business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure if they were shipping 100 - 200 watt panels at $1/watt via regular ground methods they would ship single panels...
The size of larger panels pretty much makes shipping a single panel pointless, since it would have to be freight at a cost greater than the panel itself.
Compare the price per watt of your Amazon panels to a new 250w or greater panel...
You can ship a 73"x43"x3" 60lb package via UPS/Fedex ground. That would certainly include some, but not all of their panels. That measurement includes packaging.

That would include:
*Aptos 365W Monofacial Solar Panel (BLACK)
*Solarever 370W Half-Cell Mono PERC Solar Panel (Black)
*Aionrise 330W Mono-Crystalline PERC Solar Panel ( Black )

They only offer two others, which fall outside of those measurements. Of course, the OP picked the largest one. ?

No. I want my $2 gas back. $4.50 is stupid, and we have it for stupid reasons that were easily avoidable. Actually most of this crap didn't have to happen but for some so called "elites" wanting to ruin everyone for some ridiculous reason. But that's another topic...

One simple rule to fallow is the customer is always right! even when they are wrong you make them think they are right. There are ways you COULD have talked the guy down like offering him a discount on the 4 panels you needed him to buy. Maybe offering him free shipping on the 4 panels, but you did not even try.

What could possibly go wrong with selling already dirt cheap panels at a discount, then eating shipping costs afterwards?

I have read the entire post and now ill give my 2 cents. First off RichardFromEG4 is not doing a good job as the SS spokesman. He is coming of like a petulant child not like a professional. You do not attack each posted and try to disprove them, all you are doing is making your company look bad. Just blaming the customer for agreeing to terms is not a justification. Every read all the terms of your cellphone? how about your smart TV? Sometimes people miss things even if the read it. One simple rule to fallow is the customer is always right! even when they are wrong you make them think they are right. There are ways you COULD have talked the guy down like offering him a discount on the 4 panels you needed him to buy. Maybe offering him free shipping on the 4 panels, but you did not even try. Instead he comes here to vent and you come with a 90 page thesis on why everyone is wrong and you are right. Guess what the company is almost always wrong so keeping customer happy is all you can do.

As for all your claims on shipping I have ordered 9 panels from AltE before and 3 came crushed. They sent me out 3 more with out issue and they all arrived safe. I have ordered panels from Rich Soler and they come wrapped individually so it can be dun. Yes sometimes things get damaged but it is YOUR responsibility to get it to the customer. Claiming the shipper will not pay for the damage is BUNK in my case the shipper did pay and they took better care on the next one. Maybe you just don't use good shippers to save a few pennies.

Simple fact is weather or not the customer read the terms or not SS handled this wrong and it will have an impact on future customers.
Nothing personal its just business.
Well said PsychoticEpisode!
SS should pursue a policy making the shipping company bearing responsibility for free shipping when replacement. is required Customer paying the full cost deserve to get their merchandise without damage. Sellers can add insurance cost on the shipping cost instead of asking buyers to click "agreed" on the small fine prints.!

Well said PsychoticEpisode!
SS should pursue a policy making the shipping company bearing responsibility for free shipping when replacement. is required Customer paying the full cost deserve to get their merchandise without damage. Sellers can add insurance cost on the shipping cost instead of asking buyers to click "agreed" on the small fine prints.!
I can tell you from first hand experience that shipping companies no longer give a crap about anybody's business dynamics or fixing their problems. Just like Airlines don't give a crap about your flying experience. In this post Covid lock down world there is a shortage of everything and when you have shortages companies really dont care about customer service.

The attitude is basically we have 1,000 Trucks and we have enough goods for 1,500 Trucks. Your product requires special treatment and on top of that you want us to pay for damages on super fragile items. No thanks! We can use that same truck to pick up mattresses from Mattress Depot and deliver them to stores in that same state. Sure we could deal with Insurance on a high risk product but why bother when we have tons of other companies begging us to do deliveries.

Better get use to it because until supply starts to out pace demand this is going to be the new normal for the next year or so.

I can tell you from first hand experience that shipping companies no longer give a crap about anybody's business dynamics or fixing their problems. Just like Airlines don't give a crap about your flying experience. In this post Covid lock down world there is a shortage of everything and when you have shortages companies really dont care about customer service.

The attitude is basically we have 1,000 Trucks and we have enough goods for 1,500 Trucks. Your product requires special treatment and on top of that you want us to pay for damages on super fragile items. No thanks! We can use that same truck to pick up mattresses from Mattress Depot and deliver them to stores in that same state. Sure we could deal with Insurance on a high risk product but why bother when we have tons of other companies begging us to do deliveries.

Better get use to it because until supply starts to out pace demand this is going to be the new normal for the next year or so.
I don't know what first hand experience have but I have dealt with a similar thing last month and the shipper eat the cost. Simple fact is in this post covid world that company with 1000 trucks may only have 500 drivers so they can not make the 1500 deliveries. They can not afford to lose customers due to to many damaged goods. If they have to eat the cost of 1 or 2 shipping's every 500 they will do that. The alternative is to lose customers that ship hundreds of items with them. I have worked as a driver and as as where house filling the trucks, we catch hell if we damaged any items going in our out of that truck. Do it to many times and the company will fire you, they do not want to much damage. As a driver you are responsible for driving in a way as to not shift your load so it can arrive safely. Drivers are also responsible for securing the load with straps to protect the cargo.

So your take is wrong I'm abrade, I have worked in the field and been a customer.

I don't know what first hand experience have but I have dealt with a similar thing last month and the shipper eat the cost. Simple fact is in this post covid world that company with 1000 trucks may only have 500 drivers so they can not make the 1500 deliveries. They can not afford to lose customers due to to many damaged goods. If they have to eat the cost of 1 or 2 shipping's every 500 they will do that. The alternative is to lose customers that ship hundreds of items with them. I have worked as a driver and as as where house filling the trucks, we catch hell if we damaged any items going in our out of that truck. Do it to many times and the company will fire you, they do not want to much damage. As a driver you are responsible for driving in a way as to not shift your load so it can arrive safely. Drivers are also responsible for securing the load with straps to protect the cargo.

So your take is wrong I'm abrade, I have worked in the field and been a customer.
Yes, well I am dealing with a lot of them right now. Not Last Year or in 2019 but Today!
They don't give a crap about any threats we level on them or if we say we want to take our business elsewhere. They seem to welcome the idea of us going with another company. This has never been my experience before but it is the reality of dealing with them in July 2022 when drivers are short, Gas is expensive and they got a huge back log of stuff waiting to be delivered. Have fun with getting Signature Solar to change the dynamics. I don't think it's going to happen.

Back