diy solar

diy solar

Victron is Over-priced Eurotrash. Why would anybody buy Victron over an AiO?

So the class T Lynx has a fair amount of vents, I wonder how much heat they are expecting for just 2 fuses vs 4 the mega fuses of the power in.
Do they run hot in normal operation? Or just when they get a big surge and trip?

WIth 4 Trophy 300Ah batteries and two 10kVa Quattro's I think I would need 2 Class-T in, the lynx shunt and 1 Lynx Distributor. Presuming the distributor could handle 2 Quattro's and one RS 450/200 or two RS 450/100.

Two Class-T In and one M10 Distributor ordered. Guess it's time to get the CC order rolling. :)

Last edited:
maybe to let things cools off if a fuse blows? give it space for the heat to dissipate vice plastic melting from trapped heat? just thoughts.
This thread got into the numbers. Seems like a 600A class T at 600A could be dissipating around 35W, that's worst case so smaller loads would be less, but makes sense why there's so much venting versus the relatively sealed power ins and distributors.

But this marine class t comes with an insulating plastic cover...

Screenshot_20240502_201331_Chrome.jpg

my class T fuses are 80 amp marine units with hard composite bases and the wires go directly into the fuse blocks with a 3/8's set screw.

Blocks w/fuses were hijacked from the scavenge bin at the local ships repair facility. They have the 20k interrupt and are good to 160 volts DC but no covers. originally they were 3 fuse gang blocks that I used a band saw to separate into singles. At that time I could not find any online vendors of Class T that were that low of amperage and I wanted a separate fuse for each bank. To date the max I have pulled from the banks and through the inverter was about 42 amps or so. would have preferred a 60 amp unit but it is what it is.

I expect the SGP is a Sigineer, and its surge is ungodly, but so it its idle consumption. Pretty sure you can hear it snickering at you as it drains your batteries while powering no loads... :p
But....But....It's blue! You sure its not a cousin or something like that? I mean honestly it could be the ugly retarded cousin....

Moved the power wall to camp this weekend. Still haven’t connect PV but the seasonal move went well.

Also tested out the 24v diaphragm water pump, sang like a dream up to 50psi a 5amp draw, but does have a small weep on the output.

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpeg
    IMG_3240.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 33
I got two class T in m10 and 1 x M10 distribution. Figured I would have to tweak the M8 shunt to fit with those. Shouldn’t be a problem.

I received our new Cerbo GX MK2 which will be replacing the regular Cerbo GX as Victron goes through its stock. Two notable changes are:
  1. The back RJ45 jacks now face upward to make it easier to plug and unplug especially when wired in tight spots. I deal with this issue with my current Cerbo GX in our Sprinter van and what a PITA to hassle with it in such a tight spot.
  2. They removed the BMS-CAN and replaced it with VE. CAN 2 which can be programmed for a different language or protocol such as RVC. (good for us rv’ers) Both VE. Can ports can now be programmed for different protocols which is neat. Now you can have two different protocols unlike with the old one that you could only choose one.
I’ve attached a good video on the different Cerbos below with the differences and changes. I was going to order the Ekrano all in one unit but decided to hide the Cerbo GX in the wireway instead of running a bunch of wires to the Ekrano in back of a wall. It also would’ve took longer cables to achieve it so this works better. Still waiting on the GX 70 monitor.

IMG_3005.jpeg

diy solar

diy solar
Back