diy solar

diy solar

Victron is Over-priced Eurotrash. Why would anybody buy Victron over an AiO?

The 48/3000 can be had for under $600 at nkon.nl
Jesus if those were the 120V version I'd import in a heartbeat. Also saw where Europe had a buy two get one free promo on their 3 and 5kVA units a little while back.Screenshot_20240210_135244_Chrome.jpg

Get the "no vat" prices.

Btw the US has 240V. It's just split in half in 2 x 120V lines. Probably would work if you hit it with 2 phases.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 8
So after way too much time faffing about decided to go with a Lynx Power In from Pike. Will use breakers for load protection.
Or just buy some m8 bolts, washers and nut and add mega fuses to the power in.

I picked mine up two weeks ago, it’s a solid beastly item with a lot of gravity.

This constant and over-the-top schilling for a single company's overpriced products has become both annoying and even disturbing. Why would anyone trust advice from any source that only recommends products from a single company?. It makes one appear to be a dishonest crook. However good the quality may be of Victron products, I will now go out of my way to avoid victron products.

This constant and over-the-top schilling for a single company's overpriced products has become both annoying and even disturbing. Why would anyone trust advice from any source that only recommends products from a single company?. It makes one appear to be a dishonest crook. However good the quality may be of Victron products, I will now go out of my way to avoid victron products.

We are zombies possessed by blue demons. 💙

Thanks for taking the time to post that you don't care.

Thanks. Your post just reminded me change my avatar pic.

Nuts, bolts and washers installed in power-in. Fuses are just resting in place.....I know that's not how they go.

I was relegated to 5/16 hardware as that's all the local Homeless Desperate had.....

My chunky blue boy.🥰🥰🥰 He's my chunky little fancy blue bus bar boy.💙💙 View attachment 195316
Running a 12/24V system? I'm having trouble finding smaller 58V mega fuses (60A etc).

@AstroBob i hope I don’t cause you to have an aneurysm
But just to demonstrate, I snapped this pic a few min ago…Most everyone in here is not a blind fan boy. We all must evaluate pros/cons as well as cost analysis.

Some products are just a no brainer to run blue. Some products are only available in yellow. Other products still fit the bill perfectly fine.

And yes, this is how new solar products are conceived 🤣
IMG_1975.jpeg

Last edited:
Friends don't let friends buy junk. ;)

But just to demonstrate, I snapped this pic a few min ago…Most everyone in here is not a blind fan boy. We all must evaluate pros/cons as well as cost analysis.

Some products are just a no brainer to run blue. Some products are only available in yellow. Other products still fit the bill perfectly fine.

View attachment 195322
I have zero complaints against against my baby blue photon collection device.
IMG_20240213_170836.jpg

View attachment 195322

Yellow and Blue take your $GREEN$ 😣

It's science.

diy solar

diy solar
Back