diy solar

diy solar

What has happened to Luyuan/Amy Wan

Mariner62

Hi team,
I placed an order for Eve cells from Amy Wan at Luyuan on 20th December and Amy Wan responded quickly and professionally as always.

Since then I have been unable to contact her. Just no response to my messages on Alibaba at all. Some of them show as "read".

I know we've had Christmas and Chinese New Year but I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Has anyone else been in communication with Amy this year?

The month leading up to the new year tends to be pretty chaotic with a burst of activity in an effort to "catch up" before you get behind that week. Low priority things get dropped.

If your stuff was shipped in the last month, it's on a boat, and it's low priority. She's not going to have readily available info on it as she has to contact the shipper, who then has to track it down manually. The time between loading and unloading is a black hole of information that's hard to get.

We're two days into the new year, so I wouldn't expect anything until it's over.

Yes, she should communicate better, but sometimes it's just how it is. I ordered cells in 11/20 and received them in 1/21. There was a span of spotty communication between shipment and arrival for sure, but I can't complain as I got what I expected when I expected to get it.

@sunshine_eggo
Yeah, I'm hoping it's just holidays in the way.

I was expecting some kind of communication when it shipped. I've had complete silence since I paid for the order on Dec 20th. I'm assuming it hasn't shipped.

this seems to be common during this time of the year, I have messages to her as well about new purchase items sales and haven't heard anything back yet, I was more interested in there already assembled server rack batteries that use the JK bms.

Hi team,
I placed an order for Eve cells from Amy Wan at Luyuan on 20th December and Amy Wan responded quickly and professionally as always.

Since then I have been unable to contact her. Just no response to my messages on Alibaba at all. Some of them show as "read".

I know we've had Christmas and Chinese New Year but I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Has anyone else been in communication with Amy this year?
Any updates? would you share the Ah and price per cell before shipping?

Any updates? would you share the Ah and price per cell before shipping?
I received the tracking information on the 4th February 2023, however as of today (13th Feb) it does not show up as being underway yet, only that the tracking number were created on 4th Feb. I don't know when it was or will physically ship. Very frustrating.

280Ah cells were USD112.

Did you get a UPS label on a China origination shipment? I've ordered from Docan, not Luyuan, but both times they generate UPS labels for the boxes, then they get loaded into the boat, and only after reaching CA and clearing customs are the parcels tendered to UPS. Situation normal, relax.

Did you get a UPS label on a China origination shipment? I've ordered from Docan, not Luyuan, but both times they generate UPS labels for the boxes, then they get loaded into the boat, and only after reaching CA and clearing customs are the parcels tendered to UPS. Situation normal, relax.
No, the label is for the local courier (SCA).
I'm not concerned that they won't arrive, eventually, so I'm relaxed about that.

I'm just a bit annoyed about being ignored completely for 45 days. Regardless of the creation of a tracking number, they still don't confirm when or whether it has actually been shipped and that's now 56 days since I paid them.

I ordered and paid for the SEPLOS Mason Kit on the same day and it was delivered two weeks ago.

I remain "frustrated".

Yeah, 56 days is starting to get a bit long. Last order I had went to the China dock on 11/25, arrived in CA 28 days later. My shipments have then had to spend another few weeks in transit from there, so that timing seemed within normal for me. Quite likely it'll show up pretty soon, but it's getting time for them to get you a bit more information about timing.

ETA: I just checked my first order, took from 1/20, supposed to go out before CNY, to 3/25 to my freight forwarder.

I'm going to say this and some will get upset.... BRUTAL COMPETETION from 18650batterystore is what happened to Amy Wan... At least in the US.

I also think the current business climate in China (COVID fallout, companies closing everywhere there, ...) is not very good. I've seen several vendors I've worked with in the past stop communicating, businesses are closing, shipping rates are dropping but carriers over there are closing shop because volume is way down, quotes take forever to get through,... A lot of business is moving away from China as well... I think a lot of smaller vendors are disappearing overnight, and it's a sign of things to come.

Not saying this is the case with Luyuan as such, but something to keep in mind going forward.

Edit, for example: https://www.wsj.com/articles/idled-...ing-faces-its-biggest-slump-in-years-6f8dfcc4

My most recent order took 94 days from payment on November 28th until delivery on March 2nd. It "shipped" from China on January 4th and departed the "FedEx origin facility" here in the US on February 28th.

Communication has been solid throughout the order - including questions post delivery. (All 34 cells arrived in pristine condition - I was just asking for clarifications about the torque specs for the new LF280K terminal type.)

@Mariner62 I'd agree with the recommendation to try and find another rep or channel to contact via. Maybe you slipped through a crack somewhere in their system.

Has a message been sent to a different sales rep to verify the order number is valid and in process?
No, I'm not sure how exactly to do that, all my comms have been with Amy. I've already been given a freebie from Alibaba because the dispatch did not meet their "guaranteed" dispatch date. I have also been given copies of the shipping labels, but these don't become active until the shipment clears customs.

My most recent order took 94 days from payment on November 28th until delivery on March 2nd. It "shipped" from China on January 4th and departed the "FedEx origin facility" here in the US on February 28th.

Communication has been solid throughout the order - including questions post delivery. (All 34 cells arrived in pristine condition - I was just asking for clarifications about the torque specs for the new LF280K terminal type.)

@Mariner62 I'd agree with the recommendation to try and find another rep or channel to contact via. Maybe you slipped through a crack somewhere in their system.
Yeah, I think my order is still in transit. I did get shipping labels and an apology from Amy some weeks ago. I think they just dispatched late and that's why I'm still waiting. At least , I hope that's the case lol. I'm not too worried about it, just a bit cranky that its been so slow compared to my last delivery.

Back