diy solar

diy solar

(4) EG4 6500ex inverter install

Excuse my crude drawing. If you look at the pictures i posted you can see where i have the small bus bars mounted. I'll do that at each group of batteries. (EG4)

Attachments

• Batteries and inverter .jpg
    Batteries and inverter .jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
My build thread.

Where do you have the 60amp breakers that tie your inverters in?
My build thread.

I have 600A busbars. (8) DIY banks of 105kWh LiFePO4.

My offgrid panel is a QO 225A.
Square D - QO142L225PG 225-Amp 42-Space 42-Circuit Indoor Main Lug Plug-On Neutral Load Center with Ground Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CONGERO/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_WI5ILZdazs9ky

My grid panel is a 200A QO.
View attachment 143051
Wher did you get those bus bars? And where are yoir 60amp breakers tied in from your inverters?

Can i use 2/0 cable from the bus bars to the inverters, or 4/0?They'll all be 36" long. I'll run 4/0 from batteries to bus bars.

Where do you have the 60amp breakers that tie your inverters in?

Wher did you get those bus bars? And where are yoir 60amp breakers tied in from your inverters?

I have 60A breakers feeding the AC In from grid panel and 60A breakers in offgrid panel that are fed by the inverters.

The busbars were from Amazon.
Iztoss 600A Bus Bar 3/8" Heavy Duty Module Design High Current BusBar Box Power Distribution Block 48V 8X M10 Terminal Studs Battery Junction Block for Battery Marine RV Truck.(Red) https://a.co/d/iagO9Rm

Well, started everything up and my #1 inverter has a fault code 02 over heating ad shuts of after 10 seconds. I can her the fan cme of and ramp up.. Hopefully someone can tell me something without sending it back. Good news s the other 3 work. Bus bars installed

Attachments

• 20230426_155636.jpg
    20230426_155636.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 18
over heating ad shuts of after 10 seconds

any loose connections? do you have a heat camera?

also how clean are the Anti-Dust filters at the top of the inverter? Mine got pretty dirty really fast after first installing them, probably because of all the dust created from the sheetrock, cement board etc. (looks like you used the same cement board as I did).

I know you havnt really been using them, but the Anti-Dust filter being dirty seems to be the most common cause of overheating.

Also, did you try it without PV? The fans on mine run the most when converting PV to charge the batteries. PV to AC less so, and Batteries to AC even less.

any loose connections? do you have a heat camera?

also how clean are the Anti-Dust filters at the top of the inverter? Mine got pretty dirty really fast after first installing them, probably because of all the dust created from the sheetrock, cement board etc. (looks like you used the same cement board as I did).

I know you havnt really been using them, but the Anti-Dust filter being dirty seems to be the most common cause of overheating.

Also, did you try it without PV? The fans on mine run the most when converting PV to charge the batteries. PV to AC less so, and Batteries to AC even less.
That one inverter from start up gave me the 02 fault.
I do not have a thermal camera, wish i did. No pv on yet, I had just one battery turned on was going to work on the settings.
I pulled the filters off still brand new, i pulled the control panel back off and i can see all 3 fans running and can feel the air moving. Its about 51° in there so i know it's truly not over heating. It wont run long enough to get hot.. Lol
The battery icon is flashing so i know its commuting. I really cant think of anything else it could be.

Maybe a good idea to start communication with Signature Solar sooner rather than later. It seems like sometimes it takes a while for them to replace stuff if there truly is an issue. Also, they will probably give you some suggestions for troubleshooting or things they want you to test before they replace it (if it turns out to be defective).

Maybe a good idea to start communication with Signature Solar sooner rather than later. It seems like sometimes it takes a while for them to replace stuff if there truly is an issue. Also, they will probably give you some suggestions for troubleshooting or things they want you to test before they replace it (if it turns out to be defective).
Im going to call as soon as they open tomorrow. I definitely hope we can fix through trouble shooting for sure. I was hoping to be back on my system by the weekend ? still hopeful ?. I appreciate you trying!

There are a few experienced 6500 users in this thread already that might have other ideas as well. I imagine they will give their input soon enough

There are a few experienced 6500 users in this thread already that might have other ideas as well. I imagine they will give their input soon enough
I spoke with SS today.. Tried to re-flash the firmware but the inverter will not stay on long enough to make it happen.

Was ask to send a bunch of pictures and volt meter readings to show i had everything hooked up correctly. Haven't heard back from them so, i just waiting to send defective unit back. Looks like my system will not be up and running this weekend.

I spoke with SS today.. Tried to re-flash the firmware but the inverter will not stay on long enough to make it happen.

Was ask to send a bunch of pictures and volt meter readings to show i had everything hooked up correctly. Haven't heard back from them so, i just waiting to send defective unit back. Looks like my system will not be up and running this weekend.
Will the inverter run with solar or bypass? Sometimes that will allow you to change settings and do things even though it’s not technically on.

Will the inverter run with solar or bypass? Sometimes that will allow you to change settings and do things even though it’s not technically on.
I haven't tried, but as soon as it comes on and runs the start up.. It goes red and F02 does a 10 sec count down and turns off. Just not enough time to update. Hopefully they'll send me one fast. I dont want to get jerked around to long paying a electric bill. 2 inverters are not enough to run my house..

I haven't tried, but as soon as it comes on and runs the start up.. It goes red and F02 does a 10 sec count down and turns off. Just not enough time to update. Hopefully they'll send me one fast. I dont want to get jerked around to long paying a electric bill. 2 inverters are not enough to run my house..
Run what you can with 2. Try turning the inverter on with solar on it. I’m just curious

Back