diy solar

diy solar

(4) EG4 6500ex inverter install

I know that my connect button doesn't show up unless it sees all of the devices that I have selected.
Sometimes I have to remove and reinsert the power cable. And then it will boot up correctly.

I even reached out to SA and asked if there was anything that might cause the Connect button to not show up. They said once you select your inverter and your connection type, as soon as you hit "Save" it should show the "Connect" button. Doesn't make any sense. The only thing that is different from when I set mine up was that your's isn't registered.

I will say if you register the device, then SA will be able to view and troubleshoot the issue directly. Has to be something going on behind the scenes that we can't see.

When I asked about if registering was needed, here's what they said: "If you purchased a complete device it will be activated already, so it should work without registering. If the software only option was bought then you must activate the device."

So there must be some register and activation for the software only installation.

Last edited:
I would go the easiest route first and try and reload the SD card. I’m also using a raspberry pi 3B. Doesn’t make any sense because the context button is just part of the web page that’s loaded.

I got a email back from solar assistant that says i need to activate before setting everything up.
After i un-installed and reinstalled it now gives me a different ip address and will not connect. It shows me the ip address tho.
Ive rebooted the pi, and the modem router. Its connected with ethernet cable..
I want to say im missing something maybe firewall /proxy?

I didn't activate it the other day because if something was wrong with my pi i didn't want my SA to be tied it

Last edited:
Finally got solar assistant working.. It could definitely be explained better to make the process alot smoothed and that would eliminate most the the need to troubleshoot. Cant wait to see how well it does?

@Adam De Lay for the help. You definitely are valuable to the solar community! ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605_122121_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_122121_Samsung Internet.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 5
Back