diy solar

diy solar

(4) EG4 6500ex inverter install

@Oldtimmer69 I would try turning Setting 22 - Beeps when primary source is interrupted - to - Alarm off - AOF - for just the 2 inverters you are running in standby mode.
Good catch! I didn’t even know that option was there because I had disabled option 18 so I don’t hear any alarms at all.

Honestly it would be nice if there was a different option to disable the key press beep but keep alarms for actual issues. Don’t understand any reasoning why you have to disable all audible alarms in order to stop the key press beeping…

I’m guessing those are the ones switching back and forth (that your noticing) since they’re actually shutting down and starting back up.
Yes, they will click when they power up in standby and PV wakes them up.

I didn't catch everything in this thread as I missed a few pages but I run my inverters with AC input turned off all the time.

Yes, they will click when they power up in standby and PV wakes them up.

I didn't catch everything in this thread as I missed a few pages but I run my inverters with AC input turned off all the time.

Me too, grid breaker is off.
I was getting the alarm when PV is coming on and Off. It would be nice if there was a minimum pv voltage setting to keep them on or off until it reaches that point.

Reactions: Zwy
Weelllll, i have solar assistant recognizing 3 inverters, but doesn't give the the " connect" option so there is no data.. ? I've never in my life had this hard of a time getting something working.

Watching His video it just goes one step to the other. I dont want to register it on this PI if it isn't working and i need a new one.

Weelllll, i have solar assistant recognizing 3 inverters, but doesn't give the the " connect" option so there is no data.. ? I've never in my life had this hard of a time getting something working.

Watching His video it just goes one step to the other. I dont want to register it on this PI if it isn't working and i need a new one.
Never had it where the Connect button wasn't visible, but I haven't tested on an unregistered Pi. Can you share a picture of what you see?

Never had it where the Connect button wasn't visible, but I haven't tested on an unregistered Pi. Can you share a picture of what you see?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601_104650_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601_104650_Samsung Internet.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 8
I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what the Registration actually does. I'm wondering if it just makes your SA instance available from anywhere otherwise you can only access locally? Reason I say that is because Ian from Watts247 has been running an unregistered version for a while in this video and he's all connected up.

I can't say if in a more recent firmware version (than what's in the video) required you to be registered before connecting.

I know sometimes on mobile devices there's little display "glitches" which might cause things not to display when they're supposed to. If you rotate the phone to Landscape does the Connect button show? Have you tried (for kicks and giggles) to open SA on another device/computer?

The connect button doesn't show up unless it sees the devices and you choose them.

Yea they're ready.. Just not sure why its not giving me the option.

I tried disconnecting the internet to bring the Hotspot back up and start the configuration over but it doesn't there either

If you change around the options for Inverter and Battery does the Connect button show up once you save the values? For example if you only select 1 of your inverters, or even set your Inverter Model back to empty and then select "emulated BMS" for the battery.

Disconnect, hit clear history and reboot.

Didn't change anything. Do you think its the SA or PI?
I can clear the SD card and reinstall and see if that works. I hate to buy a pre loaded PI. I did buy a used 3B PI but it works... so i wouldn't think the PI problem. Its about to make mme loose my mind ?

When i clear everything it doesn't go away.. Even after reboot. And when i turn my wifi off, i can connect to the solar assistant wifi but cant seem to get the Connect button to come up in this setup mode, or with the internet connected.

Didn't change anything. Do you think its the SA or PI?
I can clear the SD card and reinstall and see if that works. I hate to buy a pre loaded PI. I did buy a used 3B PI but it works... so i wouldn't think the PI problem. Its about to make mme loose my mind ?

When i clear everything it doesn't go away.. Even after reboot. And when i turn my wifi off, i can connect to the solar assistant wifi but cant seem to get the Connect button to come up in this setup mode, or with the internet connected.
I would go the easiest route first and try and reload the SD card. I’m also using a raspberry pi 3B. Doesn’t make any sense because the context button is just part of the web page that’s loaded.

I would go the easiest route first and try and reload the SD card. I’m also using a raspberry pi 3B. Doesn’t make any sense because the context button is just part of the web page that’s loaded.
I know right, I've watched a couple hours of videos and have spent a couple more hours through process of elimination trying to get it to work.. So frustrating ?
I sure need it to work because watch power has too much of a lag.

I give up.. Re formatted sd card, reinstalled SA and i cant get the inverters to populate when no internet is connected. And i can see the ip address when internet is connected but cant connect to it. I give up?‍?

Back