61.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240317-171601.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317-171601.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240317-171621.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317-171621.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 8
I do believe it's working...
The non logical side of me says cancel my grid service and use a generator for the really crappy times, I think it makes sense after the next expansions.
I could have done much better in the beginning of the year if I didn't use the grid to charge the batteries full on multiple occasions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321-164811.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321-164811.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240321_163412__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20240321_163412__01__01.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 15
Cancel the grid, disconnect completely and have @Kenny_ send you all the extra he generates.

Here is a question for which I have absolutely no answer (yet). For every 1kwh of power I pull from my battery bank, how many kwh of grid power does it take to replace/recharge the 1kwh. Can't be a one for one due to charger inefficiencies and can't be less as you would have something approaching perpetual motion. There are a number of folks on this forum who produce power during peak using solar and battery and charge the battery during off peak, are they really saving money?

Cancel the grid, disconnect completely and have @Kenny_ send you all the extra he generates.

Here is a question for which I have absolutely no answer (yet). For every 1kwh of power I pull from my battery bank, how many kwh of grid power does it take to replace/recharge the 1kwh. Can't be a one for one due to charger inefficiencies and can't be less as you would have something approaching perpetual motion. There are a number of folks on this forum who produce power during peak using solar and battery and charge the battery during off peak, are they really saving money?
I can't imagine that saves much if at all... There have been a few threads on it I think. I never really considered that approach other than when I need(ed) to charge from the grid I'd try to do it "Off Peak."

I'm prepping my Tesla Power Transmitter to beam the extra PV out...

😂 Then he couldn't run that coffee maker 😂
That's a great question that my brain is to tired to put much thought into after work...
I would guess the off peak rates have to be at least 30% cheaper to make it worthwhile in the long term.

No mention of grid charging efficiency in the manual.
Screenshot_20240321-171329.jpg

It is about TOU and the rates. Basically the load is shifted to off peak rates. If off peak was $0.30/Kwh and peak $0.54/Kwh, it sure would make a difference in the electric bill.

One could make it pay if off peak is cheap enough and peak rate is high enough. Some places even have free electricity in the middle of the night so that would make sense to just have a battery bank and inverters, no PV.

It is about TOU and the rates. Basically the load is shifted to off peak rates. If off peak was $0.30/Kwh and peak $0.54/Kwh, it sure would make a difference in the electric bill.

One could make it pay if off peak is cheap enough and peak rate is high enough. Some places even have free electricity in the middle of the night so that would make sense to just have a battery bank and inverters, no PV.
Although it seems true; If it takes 2 kwh at $0.30/Kwh off peak to replace/charge each 1kwh pulled from the battery during peak hours I would be spending $0.60/Kwh to recharge the battery, not a savings but an increased cost. I would have been better off spending $0.54/Kwh during peak hours rather than pull it from the battery to recharge at what amounts to be a higher rate.

I do believe it's working...
The non logical side of me says cancel my grid service and use a generator for the really crappy times, I think it makes sense after the next expansions.
I could have done much better in the beginning of the year if I didn't use the grid to charge the batteries full on multiple occasions.
how are they not mad about you about this? They must know something is up

how are they not mad about you about this? They must know something is up
I don't know. I always pay my bill on time and leave a small credit, maybe that helps.
Really it's a positive for them until I decide to charge with 8kW from the grid.
They definitely have to know something is up. I know they've seen my ground mount array, they used my driveway as a turn around last time the grid was down....

If it ever becomes an issue I'll politely tell them to disconnect my service completely.
oh and congratulations
Thanks.

Although it seems true; If it takes 2 kwh at $0.30/Kwh off peak to replace/charge each 1kwh pulled from the battery during peak hours I would be spending $0.60/Kwh to recharge the battery, not a savings but an increased cost. I would have been better off spending $0.54/Kwh during peak hours rather than pull it from the battery to recharge at what amounts to be a higher rate.
Charging efficiency will not be 50%. Take the EG4 Chargeverter as an example, the efficiency is 94% on 240V and 92% on 120V.

Charging efficiency will not be 50%. Take the EG4 Chargeverter as an example, the efficiency is 94% on 240V and 92% on 120V.
Again true.

What about the charge/discharge efficiency for LifePo4 cells or the battery as a whole including BMS induced losses. It all adds up.

Again true.

What about the charge/discharge efficiency for LifePo4 cells or the battery as a whole including BMS induced losses. It all adds up.

92% https://diysolarforum.com/threads/real-world-efficiency-of-lifepo4.6464/post-67686 That is still a long, long way from 50% loss. If peak is $0.54/Kwh, any rate under $0.45/Kwh is a gain.

Hello fellow SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw inverter user. i just got my inverter today (still in box) i would like help in setting up the inverter. If any of the users can share their settings that i can replicate so i don't have to experiment that much to get it working.
Currently i have MPP LV5048, i will be replacing that with this new SRNE.

Hello fellow SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw inverter user. i just got my inverter today (still in box) i would like help in setting up the inverter. If any of the users can share their settings that i can replicate so i don't have to experiment that much to get it working.
i am fairly close to you geographically. send me a message if you need help with anything. Otherwise, people here are both very smart and helpful. And congratulations, this thing is great

Good morning East coast neighbor.
First some questions that will help determine settings.
Battery chemistry?
Are you using communications with batteries?
How many batteries / capacity?
Specs of panels you will be using?

If you've setup an LV5048 in the past this will be easy for you. There are some additional options but nothing crazy.

Good morning East coast neighbor.
First some questions that will help determine settings.
Battery chemistry?
Are you using communications with batteries?
How many batteries / capacity?
Specs of panels you will be using?

If you've setup an LV5048 in the past this will be easy for you. There are some additional options but nothing crazy.
LV5048
4 SunPower 320W panels (2s2p)
4 SunPower 420W panels (2s2p)
4 SunPower 420W panels (4p)
(i was scammed on those 420W panels. only 4 work and output about 350W that i have seen. other 4 shows full voltage but when connected it outputs only 1/3 or 1/2 output)
6 100AH rackmount LifeP04 batteries from Alibaba (5 connected)
For now i am using the opensource (jblanc) V1 code on Github to monitor my LV5048 (there are updated versions of his work after i installed on his github). i designed my own dashboard for grafana after jblanc shared his basic monitoring platform. i was planning on integrating to my Home Assistant but things happened and that was delayed.
Now i have this new SRNE with wifi which i ordered from Aliexpress $1321.97+tax delivered in about 5 days from HK
Looking to add more loads to this off grid setup so that i can compensate for my EV charging from my other Grid tie system.
i was looking to get some settings from people who have it working as a starting point while i read through the manual.

Last edited:
Back