diy solar

diy solar

6 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

2023-12-15Beta​

New features:
  • Add Automation rule table functionality.
  • Add sourcing of European EPEX day ahead spot prices.
  • Add support for Huawei SUN2000 inverters.
  • Add support for Solis RHI inverters.
  • Add support for Felicity Solar IVEM/IVPA inverters.
  • Add support for 5KVA hybrid FiveStar inverters.
  • Add support for Navasolar Inverter Trolley.
  • Add MQTT setting to configure when energy totals are reset to zero.
  • Support for more settings of Luxpower inverters.
  • Support for more settings of Megarevo inverters.
  • Support for more settings of MUST PH18 inverters.
  • Support for more settings of Sumry inverters.
  • Support to read Upower UE Li battery range via Voltronic LIB protocol.
  • Support to read SunStonePower Lithium battery via Modbus protocol.
  • Support reading Growatt TL3-X external grid meter grid/load metrics.
  • Add Growat SPH/SPA "Export limiter" and "Export power rate" setting.
  • Add support for additional charge settings of InfiniSolar inverters.
  • Add USB Serial battery reading advanced settings to customize how data is interpreted.
  • Add "Resample totals" function to configuration -> storage page.
  • Add CAN bus baud rate setting to configuration -> advanced page.
  • Show both DC and AC temperature of Deye inverters.
Corrections:
  • Improve processing of energy totals so that it updates every minute.
  • Improve how total battery, grid and load is calculated on parallel Growatt SPH and TL-X inverters.
  • Improve reading an SRNE inverter that is already being read by a WiFi dongle.
  • Correct issues with reading USB serial battery protocol 37.2 and 37.4.
  • Correct detection of specific new Voltronic King/MKS2 inverters.
  • Correct incorrect inverter grid mode reading of MUST PH18 inverters.
  • Correct total calculations during day/week that daylight savings adjust.
  • Correct issue with reading multiple Felicity Solar batteries.
  • Correct Bluetooth network setup where it clashed with specific cases of 10.0.0.x network IP ranges.
  • Correct "Load percentage", MPPT inputs and parallel battery metrics of Growatt TL-XH and TL-XH-US.
  • Correct "Grid power" not working on a few SRNE inverter models.
  • Correct multiple SolarAssistant devices connected to one HomeAssistant overwriting values.
  • Make inverter settings retained messages on MQTT.
Breaking changes:
  • The "Output source priority" setting has been renamed/corrected to "Work mode priority" on Growatt SPH and SPA inverters. This can break MQTT integrations that use this setting.

I don't notice any changes with the latest beta. Voltages in the inverter settings still aren't scaled correctly for 48v.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216-091318.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091318.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231216-091621.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091621.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231216-091241.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091241.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20231216-091507.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091507.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231216-091813.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091813.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231216-091658__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-091658__01.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
OR,
Leave the roof mounts and ADD the E/W A frame ground mount?
Lol that thought has crossed my mind too.
I do have 17 370w 12 305w and 2 315w panels in the garage.
The initial plan was to sell the lower wattage panels including the 18 315w on the roof and stick with the 370s, but my plans change way to frequently.

Lol that thought has crossed my mind too.
I do have 17 370w 12 305w and 2 315w panels in the garage.
The initial plan was to sell the lower wattage panels including the 18 315w on the roof and stick with the 370s, but my plans change way to frequently.
I would be tempted to move the panels from storage in the garage to a temporary support out in the yard while pondering the the plan.
Collect some solar every day, and get them out of the garage = Win Win!

EDIT: Actually, If I had 31 pv panels in my garage, you guys wouldn't see me on the forum for a while until I had them set up and wired to a SCC...because I would be incapable of typing on the laptop, while that many un-used panels were sitting near-by inside under a roof...just saying!

I would be tempted to move the panels from storage in the garage to a temporary support out in the yard while pondering the the plan.

EDIT: Actually, If I had 31 pv panels in my garage, you guys wouldn't see me on the forum for a while until I had them set up and wired to a SCC...because I would be incapable of typing on the laptop, while that many un-used panels were sitting near-by inside under a roof...just saying!
?? On the edit.

This is such a wonderful addiction that always leads to needing more of everything... If I hook up the additional panels then I need more MPPT so I might as well buy more SRNE equipment then I will have to get more battery cells so I'm not blasting them with high amperage charging because I couldn't bring myself to reducing charge current when I have it available, unless it's from the grid... Must resist the temptation so I can keep saving money for land and easily sell this place in the spring. Then I'll have panels hanging from tress like wind chimes.... Hmmm solar wind chimes not that's an idea.

Really like the new panels and the sunshine today.
No faults, no issues.

The spot for the A frame ballast mount would be on top of the sand mound but I think that's a crappy idea...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216-145858.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-145858.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231216-145831.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-145831.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

I have a whole pallet sitting in my shed. Too cold and weather can change by the minute.

Nope, winter here so it can wait........

Nope, winter here so it can wait........
we haven't HAD any winter yet - I am starting to wonder if we will get winter this year??? It was raining a few days ago! Best not to complain about it I suppose, maybe it will arrive with a vengeance when I least expect it!

we haven't HAD any winter yet - I am starting to wonder if we will get winter this year??? It was raining a few days ago! Best not to complain about it I suppose, maybe it will arrive with a vengeance when I least expect it!
I wish it were about 30F colder... ~1.5" rain forecast for my area starting later today through tomorrow then highish winds... I'll be topping up from the grid in a few hours.
I hate nuisance snows... If it snows it better freaking snow enough to be worth going and playing on the tractor.

I hate nuisance snoI knws... If it snows it better freaking snow enough to be worth going and playing on the tractor.
I know! right!
when we did get a bit of snow I ran out and plowed it nice and wide, and then it rained and washed all my work away!
At least the Solar panels are all nicely washed and clean!
Now if we could just get some sunshine, mild weather means foggy skys it seems.

Boring updates.
Fault has yet to return.
SRNE replied they would not update firmware if everything is working.
I attached the instructions if anybody wants them.

New array is producing great. (5,180w)
Inverter is still working great.
Dryer, well pump, 3D printer, minisplit no problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-175845.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-175845.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231218-123333.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-123333.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231218-174845.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-174845.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • SRNE Software Upgrade Guide.pdf
    484 KB · Views: 13
Small update. Mini split and electric water heater have been installed. Functioning flawlessly. Not much sun lately but switching to and from grid to battery is completely seamless. Have also been running many many power tools equally without issue.

Last edited:
Does SRNE have a store front? I have been poking around Alibaba and eBay, but all the sellers are third party.

Thanks! I sent SRNE an email asking if they sell to the USA, and they replied "yes"... No other details :p In their defense, they speak English a heck of a lot better than I speak Chinese :)

I asked yesterday about 10Kw or larger units in parallel and the response was March 2024 release.

I also sent out the request for a 10Kwh or larger inverter in SRNE that was parallel and different supplier than SRNE said they have a 12 Kw unit that can run in parallel split phase. They sent the manual for it and it is supposedly SRNE inverters but I haven't found it yet and no photo exists of it. Specs and manual below. The store is here: https://livefunsolar.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

Edit, manual upload was too large, I'll get a link. Manual link: https://clouddisk.alibaba.com/file/...sKZ3gdptkJKKo8IRYFI9hF_kZWpnsvNotqjhC&scene=1

Attachments

• LV 12Kw specs.pdf
    340.6 KB · Views: 14
I asked yesterday about 10Kw or larger units in parallel and the response was March 2024 release.

I also sent out the request for a 10Kwh or larger inverter in SRNE that was parallel and different supplier than SRNE said they have a 12 Kw unit that can run in parallel split phase. They sent the manual for it and it is supposedly SRNE inverters but I haven't found it yet and no photo exists of it. Specs and manual below. The store is here: https://livefunsolar.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

Edit, manual upload was too large, I'll get a link. Manual link: https://clouddisk.alibaba.com/file/...sKZ3gdptkJKKo8IRYFI9hF_kZWpnsvNotqjhC&scene=1
Hmmm. Interesting I'm really close to ordering at least 1 HYP.

I'm fairly certain that's not an SRNE. I parsed the manual, it's not the same layout as current SRNE and the software they reference looks a lot like the old watch power software.

I have been playing ping pong with SRNE. They have an aliexpress store front, but there is no mention of DDP shipping. I don't want to get stuck with an extra $200 in taxes. Was just about to pull the trigger, but now I think I am going to sleep on it.

I have been playing ping pong with SRNE. They have an aliexpress store front, but there is no mention of DDP shipping. I don't want to get stuck with an extra $200 in taxes. Was just about to pull the trigger, but now I think I am going to sleep on it.
Yeah. This sort of thing is why I just don't buy things this way. Call me old-fashioned or whatever, but....

I noticed their aliexpress store as well. In the end I went with alibaba and had no issues.

diy solar

diy solar
Back