diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Why would you buy a battery with a questionable unknown BMS instead of putting one together yourself at a much better price etc?

Sorry why would I know the price of the batteries? I don't even know where the picture is from????

To close this out... I top balanced the pack to 3.55 resting voltage on every cell, and was able to pull the full 300AH from this pack without going below the LVC. I am happy with this, and feel I got what I paid for so far. By the time I can comment on cell life, it will be irrelevant. Time to go boondocking!

To close this out... I top balanced the pack to 3.55 resting voltage on every cell, and was able to pull the full 300AH from this pack without going below the LVC. I am happy with this, and feel I got what I paid for so far. By the time I can comment on cell life, it will be irrelevant. Time to go boondocking!

This is why I normally tell folks not to panic until they do a full discharge and recharge ... I am hoping that you have let the BLS folks know that everything is fine .. of course they are all on Chinese New Year break so they probably won't get your answer or texts until they get back ...

so once discharged, where they still balance and close to each other?

so once discharged, where they still balance and close to each other?

The weak cell was still the first to go below LVC, but the remaining cells were close enough. The pack delivers its rated capacity. If the weak cell was replaced with a cell more equal to the others, then I could probably milk a few more AH off the pack. In real life I plan to live in the 30 - 80 % SOC range in my RV so I'm not really bugged by this.

This is why I normally tell folks not to panic until they do a full discharge and recharge ... I am hoping that you have let the BLS folks know that everything is fine .. of course they are all on Chinese New Year break so they probably won't get your answer or texts until they get back ...

Thanks for the kind reminder - I did let the vendor know that all is well. I was taken aback for a minute when they replied to me that they cannot view this forum that I gave them a link to. Then the bulb went on... We are so blessed to be privileged to live in freedom.

--mark

The weak cell was still the first to go below LVC, but the remaining cells were close enough. The pack delivers its rated capacity. If the weak cell was replaced with a cell more equal to the others, then I could probably milk a few more AH off the pack. In real life I plan to live in the 30 - 80 % SOC range in my RV so I'm not really bugged by this.

i m looking at the exact same cells and but want to be able to get the full 100% capacity as FLA battery give you that 50% usage and staying between 30-80 is essentally only using 50% of the capacity so little point and lots of trouble to use lithium. Does the BMS disconnect now once the weak cell reach low level?

Is this battery unusally big and heavy for 12v 200ah?

View attachment 5297

Dimension:525mm*271mm*232mmAny dimension can be customized
Weight:28KG
That is an RJ-Lithium pack. RJ appears to have a reasonable reputation and some folks here have been using them and are happy wit the products they have gotten from RJ. I personally have no experience with that company, just going by the feedback & what I've read over time.

That being said. Prebuilt Packs can be good and can be bad. Case of bad is the ShunBin mess (see link in my signature) with a mystery BMS and dubious cells (used or B/C grade ?). no longer listed on Amazon.CA not sure if they are still on Amazon.COM.

Lesson Learned ! Dollars to be saved !

When you calculate the cost of cells, busbars for them, a BMS, a box (if you want one) to put it all in, the terminals etc needed, it IS cheaper to build your own with proper diligent shopping.
I am ordering 16, 200AH A-Grade cells from Deligreen at $70 per piece and with busbars & shipping $1855 plus BMS
My BMS of choice is the Chargery BMS8T as I am making 24V 8S/200AH packs.
Chargery BMS8T-300, 90 USD. 12V 200A relay, 36 usd (x2). Relay Delay Board, 4.50 usd. plus S&H

*** The ShunBin Pack which is 16 cells 8s2p used 174AH cells weighs 70kg/150lbs and cost me $2999 USD
The math says it all.

REF LINKS:
Chargery BMS8T: http://chargery.com/BMS8T.asp
200AH CATL Cells from Deligreen (A-Grade) https://deligreen.en.alibaba.com/pr...y.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.94.1.39741a4ePeCXgW

I top balanced the pack to 3.55 resting voltage on every cell, and was able to pull the full 300AH from this pack without going below the LVC.
Could you please post some pictures of the cell voltages as they discharge, around 3.15V ... 3.00 V ... 2.75V?
I'm very curious how far apart the voltages diverge at the low end in a top-balanced pack.

How low were the cell voltages / pack voltage after discharging 300AH?

Thanks!

I received my order of 16pcs 150Ah cells from BLS yesterday. This was the timeline:

2019-11-29 Order placed
2019-12-02 UPS tracking number received
2020-01-08 Tracking number traceable in Germany
2020-01-13 First scan of the parcels
2020-01-15 Goods delivered in Sweden

I've not yet paid any additional fees, duties or taxes.

The packaging was very well done and arrived in perfect condition. The bus bars and fasteners included were of the same type as pictured by Xiryx above. The bus bars are made of two layers, each about 0.75 mm thick and 20 mm wide, for a total ~30mm2 section.

I'll try to take time this weekend to start doing capacity testing of each cell.
Cheers for this timeline, I'm exactly a month behind you and also shipping to EU (UK) and although no tracking number I did see a [DE] note so guessed they would come via Germany to clear EU customs and for me not to get a bill :)

Spotted your testing, hope it all sorts itself out. no matter what the voltages I'm going to parallel all cells for 24 hours to balance them first.

Paralleling cells without charging them is not going to do much for balancing. There is basically no voltage difference to drive any balancing current.

My tests are progressing. Logistically I can only do one cell a day, so results are going to take a while.

Paralleling cells without charging them is not going to do much for balancing. There is basically no voltage difference to drive any balancing current.

My tests are progressing. Logistically I can only do one cell a day, so results are going to take a while.
It will balance them, even a small voltage difference can be a larger SOC difference when LiFePO4 has such a flat curve in the middle of its range, how just the top and bottom where voltage/SOC change a lot. Cells are generally shipped/stored in this flat area of the graph ~40% charge, but when you charged and kept charging at the top for your balancing you did top-balance the cells.

Attachments

• charge vs voltage.png
    charge vs voltage.png
    126 KB · Views: 5
It will balance them, even a small voltage difference can be a larger SOC difference when LiFePO4 has such a flat curve in the middle of its range, how just the top and bottom where voltage/SOC change a lot. Cells are generally shipped/stored in this flat area of the graph ~40% charge, but when you charged and kept charging at the top for your balancing you did top-balance the cells.

Yes, there is a very large difference with a very small change in voltage.

No, they will not balance significantly if just connected in parallel.

The simple fact that there is very little voltage difference means that there will be very low current flowing between the cells. The fact that the state of charge is different means nothing to the electrons, they need voltage to be moved.

If you connect the cells in parallel and charge them together, there will be balancing since the more charged cells will accept less charge.

Bad news, BLS Aliexpress 150Ah cells have gone up in price,8PCS:US $851.40 ,16PCS:US $1,699.00,But BLS's own online store still maintains good discounts,I had to rethink my purchase plan.

BLS Aliexpress 8PCS:US $851.40

BLS Aliexpress 16PCS:US $1,699.00

BLS officiel 8PCS:US $799.40

BLS officiel 16PCS:US $1,630.00

Bad news, BLS Aliexpress 150Ah cells have gone up in price,8PCS:US $851.40 ,16PCS:US $1,699.00,But BLS's own online store still maintains good discounts,I had to rethink my purchase plan.

BLS Aliexpress 8PCS:US $851.40

BLS Aliexpress 16PCS:US $1,699.00

BLS officiel 8PCS:US $799.40

BLS officiel 16PCS:US $1,630.00

the price move weekly up and down. i m guessing as they are in holiday currently up there and not working, they lifted the price but it will come down again in a couple weeks. it s been like this for the past few months with BLS.

Back