diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

CE can give the company itself. With this they confirm to comply with european regulations of the product. the company dont need to do any tests, they are forced to publish test reports if any accident happens with a customer with the use of this product.
therefore any playing tool from china has CE. there are not much tests involved for CE

The product page has the real CE mark on the certificate and the fake CE highlighted in green. I've been trying to verify the certificate number but found out that it can't be done on line. There are plenty of sites that show the difference in the two. Sure would be nice to validate this, but because i can't i'm going to pass. Any way this getting way off topic

Several posts had issues with the manufacturer being trustworthy. IF the CE certificate at the bottom of the product page is authentic, I would say they are legitimate because they took the time and paid the expense to go through the certification process to help gain access to the European market. Can anybody fake this certificate? YEP. Is it fake? You tell me.

Well adding onto this, my understanding of these certifications is that they apply to the product line.

I.E. some samples get sent away for testing and if they pass, all Brand ABC, Model 123 cells are "CE certified" or "UL listed" etc. Or best case scenario samples of each production batch are tested (but i'm not sure this is true).

Point being its not individual testing, so I believe products could have legitimate CE or UL certifications and still be grade B, grade C, or other less than A grade cells. And its important to remember the companies we buy these cells from are (sometimes 'grey market') resellers, and therefore did not pay anything for certifications and don't risk losing their certification or harming their brand in the same way that the manufacturer does. I do believe these certifications give some confidence that the manufacturer is legitimate and stands behind their product, but I'm not sure that can be extended to resellers or individual cells.

I don't know much about CE but I believe for the UL certification most of the tests pertain to things like will it explode, will it catch fire, will it fail safely, etc, and not whether the product is usable, is within the stated specs, etc.

I have little doubt that CATL cells are legitimately CE certified, but I'm not sure how much significance that has to quality of grey market cells with scratched off QR codes being sold by an unaffiliated reseller

I'm not saying these are bad cells, they very well might be great cells, or more likely solidly usable grade B cells or older Grade A cells that aren't quite good enough for an industrial setting but would be just fine for most DIY use cases.

I also want to reinforce that I don't know a ton about these certifications, I've done a tiny bit of research, but my understanding is still very vague and limited. Don't take my word for any of this. Here is a short primer on different relevant certifications, and here is a little more in depth explanation of CE and UL.

Last edited:
CE can give the company itself. With this they confirm to comply with european regulations of the product. the company dont need to do any tests, they are forced to publish test reports if any accident happens with a customer with the use of this product.
therefore any playing tool from china has CE. there are not much tests involved for CE

That probably explains why so many more made-in-china products have CE certifications but not UL certifications which are more expensive to conduct.

Any way this getting way off topic

I actually think that certifications are very much on topic (though a separate dedicated thread would be useful too) when talking about grey market Aliexpress lifepo4 cells. One of the biggest issues of buying straight from China is verifying the legitimacy and quality of the product. Understanding what the different certs mean, and what testing is done, would be super helpful.

We have ordered several 3.2V 200aH batteries from Deligreen and have had no issues ... They were NOT Grade A but still was able to deliver 200aH ...

So with that said - and my company buys a ton of stuff from China -- these CERTS are a total joke -- i am going to say that less ten 5% of the actual companies that we visit that has all these certs hanging actually DOES have the CERTS ... and for LiFePO4 batteries allot of these so called "sellers" or actually resellers of resellers -- you buy from them - they buy from another website ..

BUT with that said - with Deligreen - and its been about 4 months since we got anything from them - but the last couple of shipments were all good ...

I would be interested to know though how this latest shipment that you guys are expecting turned out ...

Thx

We have ordered several 3.2V 200aH batteries from Deligreen and have had no issues ... They were NOT Grade A but still was able to deliver 200aH ...

So with that said - and my company buys a ton of stuff from China -- these CERTS are a total joke -- i am going to say that less ten 5% of the actual companies that we visit that has all these certs hanging actually DOES have the CERTS ... and for LiFePO4 batteries allot of these so called "sellers" or actually resellers of resellers -- you buy from them - they buy from another website ..

BUT with that said - with Deligreen - and its been about 4 months since we got anything from them - but the last couple of shipments were all good ...

I would be interested to know though how this latest shipment that you guys are expecting turned out ...

Thx

@ghostwriter66 ,
Were the 200Ah cells you bought the CATL branded cells we have been discussing? Or other cells at a similar price point (~75 usd per 200ah cell)?

I very much want these cells to be the real deal, as they are the best deal around if they are truly new, undamaged, and fully functional.

And on another note, I know you have some experience with RJ lithium cells, I'm curious if you know if they produce their own cells as their website implies or if they are a reseller, and if they are new Grade A cells. I'm also curious if you have any experience with their warranty. If they are grade A cells with a legitimate 5 year warranty, they seem like a pretty good option.

ok.. Sajjen placed the order 29th of november and expecting it to arrive first half of January.

If I order now from DHGate it’s estimated to arrive Jan 15 to Jan 20. AliExpress with UPS; 15-20 days. With standard shipping “before 02/26” (And no tracking).

Let me ask my question in a different way:
Which bank is the best choice, pricing not considered?
@MrX Did you ever decide and place an order? I am currious about DHGate

Good to know, can you please upload pictures of the setup ?

Thx

As i said, for CE a company is not forced to do tests to get this certification. While for UL a company need to do tests and pass test requirements. thats why very less products have UL. UL has very strict requirements.

Reactions: Dzl
As i said, for CE a company is not forced to do tests to get this certification. While for UL a company need to do tests and pass test requirements. thats why very less products have UL. UL has very strict requirements.

and correct me if I'm wrong (i'm definitely still learning), but my developing understanding is that even the more rigourous UL certification tests and certifies a batches or models of cells (using a few samples). You will still have grade A, grade B, grade C, cells within a batch of cells that have been UL certified. UL certification is not meant to reassure you that the individual cells you receive will be good cells, but that the model or batch passed safety and quality testing at the batch level.

our company was involved in the UL certification topic for laser marking products. the thing is in general the company has to supply a batch of series for the product to a certified institution, this institute is going to test the product and confirm the UL conformity, or if not, they give a feedback what needs to be changed. in Addition after the initial UL cerification, the product is tested at least on a reduced basis, every year to get UL certification in the following year.

Reactions: Dzl
I ordered eight of the 150AH cells from BLS back on December 2nd and they just arrived. Very well packaged, and great looking cells. All brand new, with QR codes, and matched in voltage and (at least on paper) resistance. They were all labeled 3.29 V and 0.28M Ohms. They were all 3.29 V out of the box at room temp.

I asked for and received 12 bus bars, though they are the thinner tinned copper ones rather than the nice thick ones you usually see with the CALBs et al. I do like that they gave me two-piece stud and nut combinations rather than screws, as the combo allows a generous amount of space with the studs fully threaded in (3 mm hex wrench) and the nuts full threaded on. I can put on two bus bars an two or three ring terminals and still fully engage the threads.

My inverter hasn't arrived so no capacity test yet so I wait with bated breath. I'm liking it so far.

I ordered eight of the 150AH cells from BLS back on December 2nd and they just arrived. Very well packaged, and great looking cells. All brand new, with QR codes, and matched in voltage and (at least on paper) resistance. They were all labeled 3.29 V and 0.28M Ohms. They were all 3.29 V out of the box at room temp.

I asked for and received 12 bus bars, though they are the thinner tinned copper ones rather than the nice thick ones you usually see with the CALBs et al. I do like that they gave me two-piece stud and nut combinations rather than screws, as the combo allows a generous amount of space with the studs fully threaded in (3 mm hex wrench) and the nuts full threaded on. I can put on two bus bars an two or three ring terminals and still fully engage the threads.

My inverter hasn't arrived so no capacity test yet so I wait with bated breath. I'm liking it so far.
Nice,
good to hear things went as planned

I ordered eight of the 150AH cells from BLS back on December 2nd and they just arrived. Very well packaged, and great looking cells. All brand new, with QR codes, and matched in voltage and (at least on paper) resistance.

Cheers for the update, I've the same on order, but ordered a month later (3rd Jan) - nice to know its all as expected.
Awaiting Shipment
Will be shipped within: 1 days 1 hours 29 minutes

I ordered eight of the 150AH cells from BLS back on December 2nd and they just arrived.

Where are you located? Did you need to pay any additional fees, taxes, VAT, etc?

I asked for and received 12 bus bars, though they are the thinner tinned copper ones rather than the nice thick ones you usually see with the CALBs et al.

Could you post dimensions of the bus bars? And possibly a photo?

Just came over this video on YouTube:
It seems to be the 150Ah cells from BLS, they at least externally look very much the same.

It seems to be the 150Ah cells from BLS, they at least externally look very much the same.
Yeah, and the small looking busbars ....

On that I'm probably going to make some wire connectors for the series links, and just use the busbars for the parallel links, as they wont really take any current. Means I have to make up 18 x M6 ended short 100A/16mm2 cables as bus bars to connect the pack, and 12 more M6 one end M8 the other to connect to my big 9 xM8 solid copper busbars.

1578946376837.png

@ghostwriter66 ,

And on another note, I know you have some experience with RJ lithium cells, I'm curious if you know if they produce their own cells as their website implies or if they are a reseller, and if they are new Grade A cells. I'm also curious if you have any experience with their warranty. If they are grade A cells with a legitimate 5 year warranty, they seem like a pretty good option.

So we purchase about 60% of our non-commercial LiFePO4 cells from RJ Lithium. Several reasons -- FIRST -- they speak very good English which is important because my Chinese is rough at best and because for us because several of the projects we work rely on them understanding exactly what we are trying to do ... second - we have NEVER had an issue with any of the batteries or shipping .. shipping has always been faster then anyone else and they come what I consider "overwrapped" ... Third - we have always received what we consider GRADE A - fresh - brand new batteries ... and they always tested for slightly over what they were listed at in aH's ... and FOURTH .. from what we have been told RJ Lithium makes their own batteries at their own facilities. We assumed that also because when you talk to them they know EXACTLY everything about the batteries and doesn't do one of those "we'll get back to you" things ...

NOW with all of that said -- the DELIGREN deal that's going around seems hard to touch so we will see how that plays out in quality .. DELIGREN though seems to take allot longer to ship...

SIX weeks (45 days) just seems to be along time for battery shipment - especially since you are paying shipping .... Just as a comparison our batteries from RJ Lithium took 12 days ...

How did they ship your batteries -- DHL? FEDEX? Sounds like what they do is wait until they have a container full of "stuff' to send to the states and then ship it all over at one time to probably a warehouse in California ... Be interested to now what your shipping address shows (US vs China)

Back