diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Hi Sajjen. Did you have to pay import duties importing to Sweden? I live in Ireland so I'd imagine it will be similar if so.

I've not yet received the shipment. With black Friday and xmas, I expect the slow boat to be a little bit slower. Hoping to get them in the first half of January.

Will for sure post about my experience, as well as results from capacity testing of each cell.

Compounding to your advice, after reading @gehowi's story/investigation (at https://www.diysolarforum.com/threa...oltage-difference-between-cells.818/post-9962) I was really thrown off to follow through with the purchase.

I would be buying 64 of these cells, to make a super sweet 16S4P 48V 31kWh battery. The price is great (around 5.800 $US) but don't want to end up with a 200 Kg bulging tik-tok-to-be-paperweight.
I just placed an order for 16 pcs 150Ah cells. Curious to see how the tax/duty free shipping will work to Sweden.

Will be doing capacity tests on each when they arrive. If all goes well, I plan on ordering another 16 pcs and build a 2P16S pack to replace the 1P16S 60Ah CALB pack I currently have in my boat.

This is the 150Ah cell I bought from BLS. At present, everything is normal. First of all, I confirm that they are all new. The actual test capacity is 153-154ah. I noticed that the test results in BLS product evaluation are basically consistent with my test results.I sent two product codes to the original manufacturer, and they replied that this is the grade a cell manufactured in July this year.

25143852.jpg0191224223821.jpg

Just to add to the discussion here (I commented this on Will's previous 120Ah cell video): I bought a few of these 150Ah cells from BLS some time ago to test and check if they would be suitable for a 30kWh system. I can confirm as well that these cells were new on arrival and capacity was as stated. They are now on the top of my list for my system upgrade in summer next year if they remain available and similarly priced.

Rui Ponte said:
Deligreen has this super sweet offer on CATL 202Ah. What do you think?

The specs are pretty good and thats one hell of a deal, so much so I wouldnt trust it. You could always ask them if they're A or B cells.

Picasso said:
I would not trust any store on Alibaba that is under 5 years old. China vendors tend to piss off a large group of buyers and start new stores.

Seems like there are 2 (actually 3) questions here.

1. How trustworthy is the reseller ("DeliGreen" aka Changsha Deligreen Power Co., Ltd.)
  2. What is the reputation/quality of the manufacturer (CATL aka Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Ltd)
  3. What are the characteristics of these particular cells (and why the good deal)
I don't have much insight on questions 1 or 2.

Regarding question 1, I know that some people on this forum have bought their BMS's through DeliGreen, I know they have been around for over 2 years on Alibaba (compare that to 2 months for Battery Warehouse on Aliexpress and 8 months for BLS on Aliexpress), and I know they claim to offer a 1 year warranty on the cells.

Regarding question 2, I have very little information on CATL and it seems that they have a comparatively low profile on this forum relative to CALB, Sinopoly, and Winston. Apparently CATL supplies batteries to both BMW and Apple and is the third largest lithium battery producer in the world.

Regarding question 3, more digging needs to be done. I would assume they are B grade cells based on price and based on receiving this information from the seller after inquiring about proof of manufacture and if they are A or B grade:

All the cells are original new, we have no certificate for this battery, but have battery test before delivery.

The QR CODE was removed, so cant seen it.

All battery are new and warranty for 1 year.

edit: also shipping for 8 cells (to California) was just under $300 so factor that into the cost.
edit 2: link was messed up, its been fixed.

Last edited:
Seems like there are 2 (actually 3) questions here.

1. How trustworthy is the reseller ("DeliGreen" aka Changsha Deligreen Power Co., Ltd.)
  2. What is the reputation/quality of the manufacturer (CATL aka Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Ltd)
  3. What are the characteristics of these particular cells (and why the good deal)
I don't have much insight on questions 1 or 2.

Regarding question 1, I know that some people on this forum have bought their BMS's through DeliGreen, I know they have been around for over 2 years on Alibaba (compare that to 2 months for Battery Warehouse on Aliexpress and 8 months for BLS on Aliexpress), and I know they claim to offer a 1 year warranty on the cells.

Regarding question 2, I have very little information on CATL and it seems that they have a comparatively low profile on this forum relative to CALB, Sinopoly, and Winston. Apparently CATL supplies batteries to both BMW and Apple and is the third largest lithium battery producer in the world.

Regarding question 3, more digging needs to be done. I would assume they are B grade cells based on price and based on receiving this information from the seller after inquiring about proof of manufacture and if they are A or B grade:

edit: also shipping for 8 cells (to California) was just under $300 so factor that into the cost.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...0o.store_home.productList_721422467.subject_5

Follow will's video to see this link, which seems to contain the test report and certificate of CALB. I am hesitant to buy 100Ah plastic shell cells or 80ah aluminum shell cells! According to the seller, they are all grade A cells.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...0o.store_home.productList_721422467.subject_5

Follow will's video to see this link, which seems to contain the test report and certificate of CALB. I am hesitant to buy 100Ah plastic shell cells or 80ah aluminum shell cells! According to the seller, they are all grade A cells.

Thanks, yeah, i've heard a good bit about CALB and have some trust in those cells if from a reputable seller. But these cells are manufactured by CATL which is a different company (afaict).

Just to add to the discussion here (I commented this on Will's previous 120Ah cell video): I bought a few of these 150Ah cells from BLS some time ago to test and check if they would be suitable for a 30kWh system. I can confirm as well that these cells were new on arrival and capacity was as stated. They are now on the top of my list for my system upgrade in summer next year if they remain available and similarly priced.
No offense, but I think you may be mistaken. This is CALB.

No offense, but I think you may be mistaken. This is CALB.

I was about to tell you you were wrong, but you are right (mostly). IDK how the link got screwed up in the quoted text, but it did. The correct link is in post 105. It is a CATL cell, IDK how a link can get screwed up when quoting but the link in my post is incorrect.

Here is the correct link:

Original link has been updated, apologies for the confusion

Last edited:
But now that we are on the subject of CALB, those cells that inexplicably got injected into the quote in place of the original link look like a pretty good deal too. More expensive than CATL but also more sought after and the plastic shells are supposedly better for rougher applications.

If they are legit new, grade A calb cells, 1000 + ~300-350 shipping for 8x200ah is pretty good.

I've been very tempted with a batch of the BLS 150aH but for 24 (to make a 900aH 12V system in 4S) its a lot of money when there are still questions, although seems most people who have them are happy, but more people still waiting to see.

Do I wait, and see the price go up when its got more happy customers, or take the plunge now?

I've been very tempted with a batch of the BLS 150aH but for 24 (to make a 900aH 12V system in 4S) its a lot of money when there are still questions, although seems most people who have them are happy, but more people still waiting to see.

Do I wait, and see the price go up when its got more happy customers, or take the plunge now?

Yes, I've been looking at the 150ah BLS cells as well, quite a good deal, and I like the size. As for BLS, they seem semi-reputable from everything I've read here, but I've heard some negative experiences as well.

I did notice that Will took the link to the 150Ah aluminum BLS cells off his website, (edit, he only removed the 150ah '24 volt kit') but left the 100 and 190 cells up. This has made me a little corcerned/curious about what went into the decision to stop recommending them.

Last edited:
I did notice that Will took the link to the 150Ah aluminum BLS cells off his website, but left the 100 and 200 cells up. This has made me a little corcerned/curious about what went into the decision to stop recommending them.

Still on this page anyway

1577566159586.png

i have ordered 48 200 ah catl cells with deligreen. They insured me they are A grade cells. However i have alibaba complaint service and i paid through PayPal to have 2 options if something doesn't seems right. They were shipped 3 weeks ago, so i am expecting them halfway january (i guess? took the slow but cheapest shipping)
when i recieve them, i'll off course keep all of you informed

Still on this page anyway

View attachment 4076

Oops, overlooked that, there used to be a section between the 12v and 48v for 24 volt kits, I had been looking at the 8 x 150Ah "24 volt kit". I neglected to ever even look at the 48 volt kits as they were way too big for my needs so I didn't notice the 150's down there. Glad to see they are still recommended, though I'm still curious why he pulled the links for the 24v kits entirely.

i have ordered 48 200 ah catl cells with deligreen. They insured me they are A grade cells. However i have alibaba complaint service and i paid through PayPal to have 2 options if something doesn't seems right. They were shipped 3 weeks ago, so i am expecting them halfway january (i guess? took the slow but cheapest shipping)
when i recieve them, i'll off course keep all of you informed

Looking forward to your report on them when they arrive! I have a hard time believing they are A grade cells at that price point, and I'm fairly distrustful of how the Chinese resellers characterize their products. But that doesn't mean that they won't be perfectly decent cells that may be slightly out of spec or old stock or an old production method but will meet and exceed the needs of DIY'ers and be an amazing value. Then again, what do I know (full disclosure: next to nothing ;)) maybe they are indeed truly grade A cells being offloaded cheap for whatever reason.

I spent two days studying the lithium iron phosphate of fastsell. It seems that the battery warehouse recommended by BLS and will video is a company that specializes in selling cells. I mean, the products of these two companies are few, unlike other fastsell stores that sell many kinds of products. BLS has a lot of positive customer feedback, but the battery warehouse doesn't seem to have enough customer evaluation. Through me and electricity Pool warehouse communication, battery warehouse seems to be the authorized dealer of CALB, they showed me some test reports, authorization, certificate of conformity, delivery note of CALB! I have ordered 4pcs BLS 150Ah and battery warehouse 4Cs 80ah. I will feedback the test results as soon as I receive the goods!

$3,489.99 + $40.00 shipping thru Amazon for might be the same battery but with different case, posts, and carry handles https://www.amazon.com/12V-300ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery/dp/B0716HKZ23 Here it is again at NexGen's website. I guess the $2850.99 difference between the two is because NexGen's battery has terminals that look like they can handle the amperage. But then again, who knows what the wire size is going to those terminals. I believe that Ali's battery is a good deal but because of it's terminal arrangement, I would stick to it's listed standard discharge current of 0.5c. And that isn't a bad thing because a battery treated with ease will last longer.

Last edited:
So I've been chatting to BLS Battery. Copy/paste from chat in italics

Will they come with any documents, serial numbers, certification to confirm this?
The three models 80ah, 100ah and 190ah have the documents you need
150ah can only provide complete technical specifications, and Chinese certification, no other documents

This is the complete code of 150ah, QR code

150aH.jpg150aH.jpg

So now the question is these 190aH cells, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000058553363.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.6.2b592e0dDrlptQ which would give me a 760aH pack (12v) for not much less money than the 900aH pack but would be able to come with extra documents? for 8% more in cash terms per Amp-Hour capacity

8% isnt much of an extra premium for extra documents - they do insist all are same quality, grade a brand new cells just varying levels of certificates...

Back