diy solar

diy solar

California proposes “blatant seizure of property” in solar ruling

They don't have/get to pick a side.
They are US forces. They only follow the chain of command.
Unless it’s an unlawful order.

Considering posse comitatus and the fact most won’t attack their own countrymen.

Not to mention 800,000 total military worldwide of which 10% are a warfighter MOS spread over 3000sq miles.

Vietnam,Afghanistan amount others were precautionary tales.

Unless it’s an unlawful order.

Considering posse comitatus and the fact most won’t attack their own countrymen.

Not to mention 800,000 total military worldwide of which 10% are a warfighter MOS spread over 3000sq miles.

Vietnam,Afghanistan amount others were precautionary tales.
It doesn't really matter. It's just wishful thinking.
We protect all of our citizens. Even the trouble makers. Everyone has the same rights, whether they have earned them or inherited them.

What an Interesting RUN AWAY STORY and the Reactions are certainly something.
Funny how THIS IS NOT REPORTED on Many Sites...

Bloomberg Green, PV-Tech, CleanTechnica. Electrek and most other non-AI Powered, Real Human Reporter sites have NOTHING ABOUT IT !

People, engage Critical Thinking and a bit of Grounding !
Are any here aware that even MSN has been overun with AI Generated articles from dubious sites... even Microsoft admits it and one MUST look at the source before looking at the "so called news". Some are already reporting on this influence & the effects.

BE CAREFUL about what you accept as Genuine News ! The thick brown stuff is getting harder to differentiate.
Also remember that some "supposed Green Tech sites" are NOT actually pro RE, sad but true. Engage Critical Thinking BEFORE REACTING !

Mark my words, offgrid solar will be illegal one day. I'm currently thinking of ways to hide off-grid arrays from view of satellites. I am thinking vertical orientation bifacials might be best in the future.

And yes, NEM 3.0 is coming to every state.

I think it will be more of a....it will be in more lets say blue areas, and not so in more red areas if you catch my drift. As things continue to go farther and farther south and the normal people finally get sick of all this stupid, then we will see what will happen.

I have little doubt they will try, but I think things will fall very far apart long before it gets to that. The next 24 months will be very telling.

As some places have rules against political content, and this thread is pure political, I hope I am ok in dancing around the fire with my suggestions.

I really think things are going to get very messy, and people here are going to be very happy they can make at least some electricity on their own, with no input from the rest of the world.

I'm firmly in the "going to mess around and potentially find out" camp. I added 8 panels to a ground mount, and am going to AC couple my existing grid-tied setup into a hybrid inverter/battery in the basement. No permits pulled beyond the original permits for my current setup (roof and ground mount, net metering with POCO, etc).

My POCO doesn't need to access the meter anymore (remotely monitored), but you can see the new panels from the meter if you were to come on my property.

I'm hoping the following happens:

1) If for some reason the POCO comes out, they see the ground mounts, and they are too lazy to determine if they are the existing ground mounts you can't see from the meter, or bootleg ground mounts.
2) If the county comes out, they see the ground mounts, and they are too lazy to pull past permits and figure out the same issue as above.

I am also hoping the bushes that block most of the view start growing like crazy and cover the panels a bit better. Might need to get out some fertilizer.

I did have a street light bulb burn out a few nights ago and thought to myself "well, I might find out sooner when they get on a boom and see everything." Fingers crossed those workers don't give a crap about what I do...they probably don't get paid enough to care.

I think it will be more of a....it will be in more lets say blue areas, and not so in more red areas if you catch my drift. .
Completely disagree. My county and city are red, extremely red and the sell all/buy all happened. This was a decision between the electricity provider and the county/city. I went to the city and county leaders and presented in meetings how impactful this is to the people who want to make a difference. They continue to refuse to make any change. Just 6 months ago they made offgrid builds illegal and removed all permits and documentation about the process. Look at my post here:

I think it will be more of a....it will be in more lets say blue areas, and not so in more red areas if you catch my drift. As things continue to go farther and farther south and the normal people finally get sick of all this stupid, then we will see what will happen.

I have little doubt they will try, but I think things will fall very far apart long before it gets to that. The next 24 months will be very telling.

As some places have rules against political content, and this thread is pure political, I hope I am ok in dancing around the fire with my suggestions.

I really think things are going to get very messy, and people here are going to be very happy they can make at least some electricity on their own, with no input from the rest of the world.
Yes having some lights on will make it easier for the roaming hoards of unprepared city people to find you.

Yes having some lights on will make it easier for the roaming hoards of unprepared city people to find you.
Unprepared city folks won’t make it 5 miles from the city boarders before they die of exhaustion and lack of avocado toast.

Except for those peloton folk (assuming they have an actual bike) then they will give up after 100 miles or so.

A clear conscience - I don't try to warn people anymore. The last 2 years with the flu-vid over reach had so many warning signs. Plus, they tell us their plans if one just listens closely. If people want to keep on with this stupidity, just keep it over in your side of the country.

Some people will cheer on their demise all the way down to their own destruction. All in the name of the better good. They are the ones with more "heart" than brain. There is nothing we can do but get out of the way and let them destroy them selves.

I don't think that is entirely true. There are many things here that people try to eradicate or improve. For example, the people fought like an army to preserve NEM 2.0 instead of cancelling it. It was grandfathered in for time being. Many people here have been trying for years to limit assault rifles magazines to 10 bullets. Federal judges strike it down. Judges in San Francisco prevent the homeless from being taken off the street unless the city has a free bed for them. The state is being inundated with migrants seeking asylum and being absorbed into the city centers with no places for them. This is a Federal issue and state doing all it can. Air quality and wildfires are REAL in problems California and yet people are in a constant battle against fossil fuels ruining the state. California is generally socially very liberal, but the citizens still want good, common sense government that works on behalf of people. They don't want graft and corruption. They only get two choices at the ballot box, RED or BLUE. RED's are usually rural areas, if in urban centers they lose. BLUES's are split among Whites, Asians, Hispanics, African Americans, Native Americans, LGBTQ and this requires a coalition of the willing to get anything done.
Wow ! Can Ya get to this planet ?

Imagine if we lived in a world where programmers weren't willing to write such garbage.
More than you know do. Some would say that we are keeping the world safe for democracy. Horses for courses.

Completely disagree. My county and city are red, extremely red and the sell all/buy all happened. This was a decision between the electricity provider and the county/city. I went to the city and county leaders and presented in meetings how impactful this is to the people who want to make a difference. They continue to refuse to make any change. Just 6 months ago they made offgrid builds illegal and removed all permits and documentation about the process. Look at my post here:

You are either in Wake, Mecklenburg or Buncombe.
Or adjacent counties.

Back