diy solar

diy solar

Crap ~ Both my 225 amp Class T Fuses Blew

Glad to hear that you are up and running again.
Would be nice to know what part actually failed.
And knowing why would even be better.

Glad to hear that you are up and running again.
Would be nice to know what part actually failed.
And knowing why would even be better.
Agreed. But I have no answer to that. All I was told by the people who were on site when it failed was one minute the AC was working and then the lights went out . As far as I know nothing was done to cause it to fail other than some kind of internal inverter failure. I know sometimes electronics and gear just quits, that's why we have warranties I guess.

It could be they connected the inverter without charging it up first, and the inrush blew them.
My thoughts too. The inrush on my inverters my Schneider inverters will fault the BMS in the batteries if I don't charge them up first. Though I gather these class T fuses are slow blow and should blow from a transient like inverter inrush.

It ended up being being a faulty / shorted inverter. Replaced the inverter and it's been working perfectly for 6 weeks +

More on the inverter replacement later. But it ended up good

It ended up being being a faulty / shorted inverter. Replaced the inverter and it's been working perfectly for 6 weeks +

More on the inverter replacement later. But it ended up good
That's great. I have fuses on my inverter supply lines too just past the battery combiner bus bars. It just seemed like a good fail safe in the event of either a breaker failing or a short somewhere in the wiring. Glad they worked. A fuse just seems more like it has a lower risk of malfunction than a breaker.

Interesting that the two 225 amps fuses blew before the 400 amp. Some type of imbalance between the draws on the batteries?

Anything interesting in the Victron logs?

Interesting that the two 225 amps fuses blew before the 400 amp. Some type of imbalance between the draws on the batteries?

Anything interesting in the Victron logs?
No not really. Didn't even register for. Just glad they're fuses did their jobs

Back