diy solar

diy solar

December PV starting off crappy again.

I've been enjoying the long summer days of the summer solstice in the southern hemisphere.

Though I haven't been complacent and sitting idle. Nearly doubled the PV going to my main house system and upgraded the Epever SCCs to Victron SCCs that do a much better job of harvesting every watt that they can. Sure some mornings my 33kWh LFP batteries are full by 10:30am but I'm going to need that headroom heading back into the southern hemisphere's winter.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well all my upgrades do as my days begin to shorten again.

We'll be hitting -20C and below starting tomorrow (-14C right now) - which should mean some clear skies and some sun!
Forecast is saying -28C from Tuesday to Friday, which means -32C or so in my place (we have usually 3-5 degrees lower temperatures than predicted). Fortunately it comes with sunshine. Going to get about 75kWh (full sun today with -20C) from my 44kWp set today and it seems that over 40kWh/day is possible for at least a week. My daily usage is around 200kWh today and will get up to 250kWh when it gets under -30C, but still every harvested photon helps.

After a week of decent clear weather we are back to grey and with possibility of rain the coming 5-6 days.
Yay...

Final tally 820 kw for month on 5.9kw inversion. Best month just over 1.1 mw so very good for Dec. Season of Love continues.

0,4MWh out of 44kWp for December. Would have been just over 0,3MWh without last day sunshine. Got 91kWh today, which is close to maximum at this time of year and it looks like I might get close to 0,5MWh this week only. 2024 seems to have nice solar start, but I'm pretty sure Mother Nature will piss on my parade sooner or later... Probably sooner.

My final Dec. 2023 came out to 372.7 KWHs from just 4.8 KW of panels on my Enphase system. Not too bad. That is a total of 77.65 sun hours / 31 days = 2.5 sun hours per day average.

My 2,000 watt DC system produced an additional 115.5 KWHs. That's only 57.77 sun hours total, or an average of 1.9 sun hours per day.

My total Dec. 2023 energy production is then 488.2 KWH's. But I used more like 620 KWHs. So I am purchasing about 132 KWHs from the grid for this month. That will take about $40 off of my energy credit.

My December totaled 1,580.3 kWh from 30.5 kW of panels.

My 2023 year total came to 27,566.7 kWh

I am totally off-grid, so I only produce what I consume, so I consumed 27,566.7 kWh for 2023

Well, on the upside of life, today we had about 20 more mins of “theoretical sunshine” than we did 10 days ago .
But, in my world of reality it was cloudy all day again , more snow, winds and it’s @16F now.

J.

Back