diy solar

diy solar

Delivery from Docan with a few scuff and marks

Could wire it and put it through a cycle. JK has a capacity function, yes?
Need to verify balance is decent at the first top charge.
I am thinking to just charge it slowly in series with the BMS connected. First maybe 3.4V pr cell and let the BMS balance, then 3,45 and let it balance and so on until I hit full charge. Just letting the BMS do the balancing for me unless they are completely out of balance.

It will take some time since I have maybe things going on right now. So it is difficult to find the time to fiddle with batteries.

I was actually thinking to do the top balance in this way by just using the MMP solar AOI unit I ordered. Using the AC charger and work with the settings to do a slow charge.

I am in contact with Jenny. She send me a video from their warehouse of a guy opening boxes on pallets with cells showing them to be in pristine condition. I told her that I appreciate it, but that I doesn't help me in the problem of receiving cells with marks, dents and scratches. She offers me a "small discount" on a future order. I have refused it saying it is better that we resolve with issue now rather then pushing it to the future. I have yet to receive an answer on my refusal to the future small discount.
I have told her that I will be needing more cells in the future and that this conversation is going to determine where I will be buying again and also that I am sharing my experience on the forums.

The only "swelling" is supposed to be .05mm according to the datasheet, if you are actually seeing puffing more than that the cell has been damaged beyond spec. Please read the EVE spec sheet.

I am in contact with Jenny. She send me a video from their warehouse of a guy opening boxes on pallets with cells showing them to be in pristine condition. I told her that I appreciate it, but that I doesn't help me in the problem of receiving cells with marks, dents and scratches. She offers me a "small discount" on a future order. I have refused it saying it is better that we resolve with issue now rather then pushing it to the future. I have yet to receive an answer on my refusal to the future small discount.
I have told her that I will be needing more cells in the future and that this conversation is going to determine where I will be buying again and also that I am sharing my experience on the forums.

That is what literally every ali seller does. It will be a cold day in hell before they issue you a refund, but you can get a discount on future order.

This is not Docan, this is how business is done in China.

Also if Docan says they have grade A, tell them to give you a copy of the manufacturer test report. If they are claiming good non EV grade then you have no further recourse.

read this thread to learn about grade A vs grade B.

Back