diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 18kpv dead short

smmarczak

I've had my 18kpv up and running for about a year. I can't say enough good about it. However, this morning it stopped working suddenly at 9:35. Battery error. After calling sig solar (speedy quick and patient with me) we did some troubleshooting and it appears to be a dead short on the batt side of the inverter. Batteries work and test normal not connected to inverter. Thought experiment, what would cause a sudden dead short?

Anyhow, sent email with photos to sig solar. Here's to hoping to a speedy resolution. Perhaps a moral of the story is to always have 2 inverters. I'll be getting a second (smaller) for backup.

Bad battery connection? I had them torqued right, and nothing felt loose. But that's the only connection I checked closely.
Although not your made connection all it takes is from there inward for a quality control slip up to happen. If that is the case it should be covered under Warranty.

Well, I guess the resolution is to get instructions via email, tear the system apart, leave it open while old one ships and new one ships after they get the old one.

Last edited:
Back