diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Released, ordered. Let's Go!

I don’t think @Will Prowse has enough shop vacs
Probably not ? I wonder how many EVs he could charge at max along with all his heat guns and shop vacs running then start some loaded car lifts. If that isn't enough start dumping power into batteries with some older inverters fed from the 6000EXs

I'm sure I can come up with something.

It will be like a baby sun. :ROFLMAO:
I'm using infrared heater banks in a production process at work, they pull a measly ~26kwh each at 90% output. They are in fact like a baby sun. 1 implemented and proven a 2nd ordered, 10 more to go through Q3 next year.
The sad part is the company doesn't want to implement solar even though we could fit ~2Mwh of panels on the roofs, they completely overlooked my suggestion of a massive parking lot canopy array in the lot that is damn near perfect; the worst part is ~70% of the production runs on 1st shift... ?

Just watched the review video and noted their spec sheet indicates 3.5 and 5 seconds for surge limits.

EG4 6000XP Surge.png

Just watched the review video and noted their spec sheet indicates 3.5 and 5 seconds for surge limits.

View attachment 174372
This morning they said 12kW was actually 2.5 seconds. The spec sheet they sent out had a typo. Really unfortunate because they affected my review big time. I hate when companies spec sheets are incorrect. I am going to cross check with Markus next time.

Deciding between this or the EG4 6500EX. I don't need 240v, only 120V output. Would it be correct to assume that the 6500ex would be better for my application since the single line AC output on the new 6000XP would only be 3000W each line? I realize the idle consumption of the 6500ex would be higher, so that would be something to consider.

Deciding between this or the EG4 6500EX. I don't need 240v, only 120V output. Would it be correct to assume that the 6500ex would be better for my application since the single line AC output on the new 6000XP would only be 3000W each line? I realize the idle consumption of the 6500ex would be higher, so that would be something to consider.
What loads are you running

Yes 3000W 120V on each line

This morning they said 12kW was actually 2.5 seconds. The spec sheet they sent out had a typo. Really unfortunate because they affected my review big time. I hate when companies spec sheets are incorrect. I am going to cross check with Markus next time.
25 seconds sounded a bit optimistic.

The 18kpv has 5/10 minute surge ratings. Figured it was consistency across the product line. I was wrong to trust the documentation.

Pisses me off when spec sheets have errors. It's too common in the off-grid solar industry.

I am glad to see this 240VAC unit.

You will have to make a new 240VAC portable hand truck video to run 240VAC spot and arc welders. =)

diy solar

diy solar
Back