diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

Only 12:30pm and all batteries show 100% SOC, 56.29V
But they still take 2.1A each

Inverter green light is OFF = not charging

Is this the cell level balancing going on?

Thinking of plugging in a space heater to burn some kWh

3 more hours of sunshine will be wasted!!
Maybe, that's 3.518 per cell. 3.4 is 100% full in the total AH scale.

Am I making you nervous @Lighthouse Beacon ? :ROFLMAO: ;) ?‍?
yes I was just thinking of you, just stopped by to check in and hoping you don’t end up fried like I did ?
Well I just pulled my last hairs out... you can see in my avatar! :ROFLMAO:

I'm back in USER Mode and trying to get the thing to start charging again but gotta drain it apparently ... just flipped a breaker in my transfer switch. Ha!

Gonna finger this thing out one way or another!

I'm fairly certain user will take care of this
Yeah, L16 battery selection type allows the same configuration profile as user though.. so I think it’s safe to say ID 32 SLA would take care of this… aka kick BMS comms out of the inverter priority..

This would make the problem disappear because the system would get significantly dumber, which honestly is fine for an application like we’re doing and it might keep @Kenny_ sane! ?

Even though you set the battery type to User, #7 Max Charge Current, #9 Bulk Charging Voltage and #11 Float Charging Voltage are still being managed by the BMS.

Unplug the BMS cable (ignore the BMS alarm) or disable BMS communications #32 (set to SLA) so when the battery type is set to User, you can the change the parameters and they won't be overridden by the BMS.

Yeah, L16 battery selection type allows the same configuration profile as user though.. so I think it’s safe to say ID 32 SLA would take care of this… aka kick BMS comms out of the inverter priority..

This would make the problem disappear because the system would get significantly dumber, which honestly is fine for an application like we’re doing and it might keep @Kenny_ sane! ?
My only problem with User is that the charging seemed to stall.... maybe I just didn't wait long enough....may take a full overnight or something...
These batteries have gone through heck and back it seems.
and I still don't trust that shady #5!

I would completely top up the whole bank. If each battery is still only taking 8 amps as one approaches 100% its amps will start to drop. The others will maintain amps and the voltage will slowly increase.
Yes top up completely on utilities, these cells need exercise; 100% SOC is the only way to get them cycled correctly; ovp just means you’ve got cell who are winning the race; let them be OVP have to get the other caught up; then discharge to 20% and do it again, since I’ve exercised mine and quit abusing wimpy solar amperage on all my fill ups week after week, I’m running flawless

Even though you set the battery type to User, #7 Max Charge Current, #9 Bulk Charging Voltage and #11 Float Charging Voltage are still being managed by the BMS.

Unplug the BMS cable (ignore the BMS alarm) or disable BMS communications #32 (set to SLA) so when the battery type is set to User, you can the change the parameters and they won't be overridden by the BMS.
Oh yeah I did that SLA/remove comm cable as part of the switch to User....monitoring batteries with SA and PBMSTools...

Bingo

We’re gonna be Sungold Pros after this SG Bootcamp we’ve experienced in this forum… lmao, when is graduation date again? Guess we need a field trip to China to tour the SRNE and Voltronic factory

Maybe kiss queen Cindy’s hand ? ?

Here's another quirk I've forgotten to mention.
When setting Bulk Charge V (09), (11) Float V changes as well.
You need to reset Float V (11) after setting bulk (09).

I'm frequently tweaking my float this time of year when I switch to grid to balance since PA weather has been absolutely freaking marvelous for production...

Bump up the float and hold them around 3.45V per cell, observe what the cells are doing... I bet you have runners and crawlers.
As @Lighthouse Beacon has figured out. ?? It's a learning experience and it's freaking rewarding...

Also note that you can reduce max charging current when they start to get full... I'd bet most recently @Kenny_ had cells running and hit HVD in his most recent User charge...when I'm charging from grid and I see cells get over over 3.4V I reduce Grid Charging Current (28). Watch the cell voltages settle when you do this... I suppose setting 10 to hold them at bulk voltage would achieve the same result.
Anyway I'm rambling. Run the system... Take some screenshots / photos when you get your cells above 3.4V, I want to see the delta...

I can't wait till summer when you guys have more power than you know what to do with and your worrying about deciding what load to run next... Water Distiller and 'mini' sauna are my go dump loads when their isn't laundry to by done.

We’re gonna be Sungold Pros after this SG Bootcamp we’ve experienced in this forum… lmao, when is graduation date again? Guess we need a field trip to China to tour the SRNE and Voltronic factory

Maybe kiss queen Cindy’s hand ? ?
I won't be going anywhere near China...
Here's a tour.
Watching that video made my Lean Manufacturing side smile...

We could just build our own inverter in the USA.. Model - SPFDIY 16KwAC.
Stackable and HV DC...

when I'm charging from grid and I see cells get over over 3.4V I reduce Grid Charging Current (28)
Yep...never got that high...we'll give 'er another try soon. got just a bit of late afternoon sun now so I want out and brushed the snow off and getting a few watts into the batteries....again I'm not certain what param trigers 12 I'm guessing but will let it sit and go again soon...

Yep.... I'm good there....I've learned to check and recheck...go out and back in and look again... :)
Found a few quirks with SA setting values today as well....didn't make note of them yet but some items it would not change...

Here's another quirk I've forgotten to mention.

I'm frequently tweaking my float this time of year when I switch to grid to balance since PA weather has been absolutely freaking marvelous for production...

Bump up the float and hold them around 3.45V per cell, observe what the cells are doing... I bet you have runners and crawlers.
As @Lighthouse Beacon has figured out. ?? It's a learning experience and it's freaking rewarding...

Also note that you can reduce max charging current when they start to get full... I'd bet most recently @Kenny_ had cells running and hit HVD in his most recent User charge...when I'm charging from grid and I see cells get over over 3.4V I reduce Grid Charging Current (28). Watch the cell voltages settle when you do this... I suppose setting 10 to hold them at bulk voltage would achieve the same result.
Anyway I'm rambling. Run the system... Take some screenshots / photos when you get your cells above 3.4V, I want to see the delta...

I can't wait till summer when you guys have more power than you know what to do with and your worrying about deciding what load to run next... Water Distiller and 'mini' sauna are my go dump loads when their isn't laundry to by done.
? agreed

I have some experience with this while dealing with older E/V and hybrid vehicles

It is great knowledge to have.. after all…
The future runs on batteries

? agreed

I have some experience with this while dealing with older E/V and hybrid vehicles

It is great knowledge to have.. after all…
The future runs on batteries
energizer-bunny.gif

Another data point.

Still some sunshine with potentially 2kW from panels.

Actual draw is 300W to satisfy load from house.

Battery 1 BMS status OVP @ 53.86V
Batteries 2-5 BMS status FULL @ 53.48V (within 0.02V)

All 5 batteries show 0A current.

So, the master battery prevents the other 4 from going higher, correct?

diy solar

diy solar
Back