diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Please remove the post, I must have not used the proper keyword search. It won't happen again sorry.
Don't worry about it. I was just giving you a little poke is all...
You may need to adjust your sarcasm meter... :rolleyes:
If we didn't like newbies, we wouldn't make fun of them.....

Recent pricing for 4 280Ah 3.2V cells shipped to the Czech Republic (EU) via rail with import duties included:

Xuba: $529.68
Dongguan: $476.87

Amy was quicker and friendlier with her responses and offered double busbars for friends of the forum however me being a cheap ass I had to save the $50. Hope this helps someone :)

My 280 ah cells, same as the Xuba, also check out. Ordered from Rain at Dongguan Lightning Energy Technology Co., Ltd. as Amy at Xuba was out of cells at the time. I did have a few inconveniences with Dongguan...but all in all, it worked out...though I think I'll order from Amy next time. Anyway, I just tested my 8 cells and they gave a smidge more than 280ah on a slow test using my 185watt max tester. (Took 40 hours). Thanks for all the information people are sharing...super helpful. Cheers!

Battery damage Update 04282020:

In an earlier post, I reported receiving 4 damaged batteries out of my 8 battery order. I immediately contacted Amy to report the damage along with photos of the batteries as well as the shipping boxes. In short, Xuba is unwilling to replace the 4 damaged batteries and have suggested that the batteries would work fine despite the damage. I had intended to install the batteries in a customer RV along with other electronics. I am unwilling to use damaged lithium batteries in any application let alone in a customer application. I made them aware of this. I believe that Xuba was hoping to give me give me a discount in exchange for accepting the batteries as is. That is obviously not going to work. We went back and forth a few times and they have offered to replace two batteries but refused to replace all 4. I offered to pay for two more batteries on the condition that they ship all 4 air freight as my customer has waited way longer than planned.

At that point Amy advised that I would have to pay additional taxes if shipped air freight. She claimed that "At present, Air Freight only has express delivery, excluding tax". This was news to me and sounds suspect. No one else has reported having to pay taxes in the US for air freight. She claimed that this was a new thing right now so buyer beware. Slow boat shipping somehow includes taxes but not Air Freight.

I do not have time to wait another 45-60 days and she knew that. At this point, I dont know of any option other than to dispute the entire transaction with Alibaba. I am happy to return the entire set of batteries and have told Alibaba this in my dispute.

I was hoping for a better outcome but this is where we are. I am posting this to make folks aware that batteries somehow can arrive damaged despite excellent packaging with no damage to the shipping boxes. They were double boxed and both boxes were in very good condition.

The battery corners were crushed and I cannot see how that can happen with no damage to the box itself. It is also highly unlikely that only one corner received damage, if the damage occurred during shipping. Furthermore, two of the four batteries had damage on the bottom corner, while the other two had damage to the top corner of the battery. The batteries were all facing the same way in the shipping box. Lots of questions with no reasonable answers. While I do not believe that Amy would ship damaged batteries, that is exactly what appears to have happened in this case.

I will update the group when everything is finalized and resolved. I wish I had better news but I dont.

Battery damage Update 04282020:

In an earlier post, I reported receiving 4 damaged batteries out of my 8 battery order. I immediately contacted Amy to report the damage along with photos of the batteries as well as the shipping boxes. In short, Xuba is unwilling to replace the 4 damaged batteries and have suggested that the batteries would work fine despite the damage. I had intended to install the batteries in a customer RV along with other electronics. I am unwilling to use damaged lithium batteries in any application let alone in a customer application. I made them aware of this. I believe that Xuba was hoping to give me give me a discount in exchange for accepting the batteries as is. That is obviously not going to work. We went back and forth a few times and they have offered to replace two batteries but refused to replace all 4. I offered to pay for two more batteries on the condition that they ship all 4 air freight as my customer has waited way longer than planned.

At that point Amy advised that I would have to pay additional taxes if shipped air freight. She claimed that "At present, Air Freight only has express delivery, excluding tax". This was news to me and sounds suspect. No one else has reported having to pay taxes in the US for air freight. She claimed that this was a new thing right now so buyer beware. Slow boat shipping somehow includes taxes but not Air Freight.

I do not have time to wait another 45-60 days and she knew that. At this point, I dont know of any option other than to dispute the entire transaction with Alibaba. I am happy to return the entire set of batteries and have told Alibaba this in my dispute.

I was hoping for a better outcome but this is where we are. I am posting this to make folks aware that batteries somehow can arrive damaged despite excellent packaging with no damage to the shipping boxes. They were double boxed and both boxes were in very good condition.

The battery corners were crushed and I cannot see how that can happen with no damage to the box itself. It is also highly unlikely that only one corner received damage, if the damage occurred during shipping. Furthermore, two of the four batteries had damage on the bottom corner, while the other two had damage to the top corner of the battery. The batteries were all facing the same way in the shipping box. Lots of questions with no reasonable answers. While I do not believe that Amy would ship damaged batteries, that is exactly what appears to have happened in this case.

I will update the group when everything is finalized and resolved. I wish I had better news but I dont.
Just curious Steve if there is a way to dispute the shipper? I understand there is no visible damage to the boxes but working for the US Govt. for the last 25 years I see new items shipped everyday well packaged but get to their destination damaged. I'm learning more and more everyday on this site but from what i've read from members on here that Amy from Xuba ships new cells and she send photos of such cells. Might be enough to dispute with the shipper?

Good luck on the outcome

Just curious Steve if there is a way to dispute the shipper? I understand there is no visible damage to the boxes but working for the US Govt. for the last 25 years I see new items shipped everyday well packaged but get to their destination damaged. I'm learning more and more everyday on this site but from what i've read from members on here that Amy from Xuba ships new cells and she send photos of such cells. Might be enough to dispute with the shipper?

Good luck on the outcome

Amy has all the photos and has contacted the shipping company. I seriously doubt that they will cover any internal damage given the condition of the boxes, which I still have but we will see. The type of damage (corners crushed) is highly unlikely without damage to the boxes but who knows...

Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed it gets resolved. Any consideration of a chargeback on the credit card?

A charge back would be my last resort. Im hoping to get the cells replaced. I have no use for 4 good cells since I am building a 24 volt system. For me, I need 8 good cells or zero. Nothing in between is useful for obvious reasons.

A charge back would be my last resort. Im hoping to get the cells replaced. I have no use for 4 good cells since I am building a 24 volt system. For me, I need 8 good cells or zero. Nothing in between is useful for obvious reasons.
Where in Cali? Might be interested in the 4 good ones, if it comes down to that.

Howdy from the north lol. Ill let you know how it works out. Im still hoping to make this order work but we shall see.
I really hope it works out for you. I'd rather that than get them for myself. But like you said, you need 8 good ones....

@SteveCA +1 on getting your credit card company involved now. If they are failing to deliver goods / services then there is no reason to continue with communication with them especially the given the amount of time and effort that you made work out the issue.
More than once when I involved my CC company the vendor changed there tune and agreed to make good on the issue under the threat of having their payment reversed. Only a handful of times did the vendor end up ignoring the request from the CC company and I received a 100% refund vs. goods being replaced.

Good luck

@SteveCA +1 on getting your credit card company involved now. If they are failing to deliver goods / services then there is no reason to continue with communication with them especially the given the amount of time and effort that you made work out the issue.
More than once when I involved my CC company the vendor changed there tune and agreed to make good on the issue under the threat of having their payment reversed. Only a handful of times did the vendor end up ignoring the request from the CC company and I received a 100% refund vs. goods being replaced.

Good luck

I havent contacted my CC company yet but will if this isnt resolved this week. I want to give every opportunity for Amy to make this transaction a success. I have spent way too much time on this and normally that would be a problem but right now, I do have some time on my hands lol...

I havent contacted my CC company yet but will if this isnt resolved this week. I want to give every opportunity for Amy to make this transaction a success. I have spent way too much time on this and normally that would be a problem but right now, I do have some time on my hands lol...
You can say that again..... I think I got cabin fever.....

My cells from Shenzen UNIS are in transit.
I was told that they would ship within a week (that's today) and take 30 days to arrive.
I just checked my account and the shipping info was there. Everyone on here said that the tracking doesn't start until it clears Customs. FedEx now says they will deliver by May 5th! That's just over a week for sea transit! I'm gobsmacked!
I was taking my time getting my testing rig together, and now I have to scramble.
Using a datalogger with a shunt to track voltage, current, and temperature. Looking for an easy way to document the time of each scan.
Any suggestions on what to connect to my inverter to get a 1C discharge?

Back