diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

My cells are out for delivery, now I just need the last six 8s box kits. Not bad shipping less than a month labels created 5/23.

CDEBBD0E-A702-4668-ACEA-0C118952EC1A.png

Last edited:
Well I made a Special Order for some 8 Post HD Busbars after having looked at various brands (Victron, BlueSea etc) and unfortunately my Favourite company Pike Industries does not have such... I FOUND GOLD LURKING ! Ordered Jun 12 (shipped from China) arrived today (18th). Shhhh ask no questions you really do not want the answer too.

I am Posting this in THIS thread as it relates to most of us... Maybe should be in another thread on it's own. Resized PHOTO'S - Get Ready !

The PAIR side x side. These are 3/8 - M10 Stainless Bolts
BUSBAR - side-view.jpg
BELOW showing with different sized Lugs for reference.
BUSBAR - assorted lugs for size view.jpg

BELOW with full "proper" covers
BUSBAR - covers.jpg

BELOW: Showing ends (both sides have the 4xM8) and showing Nickel Plated Copper Bar Measurements
BUSBAR - ends.jpg

They are MONSTERS ! Even more impressive is the covers which the pictures don't show. The cover separates each post as it has blocks between the posts that go right down to the bar itself. Basically an extra separator to prevent "oopsies". With the cover, they are 11-1/2" long and the Bar Base is 2" wide, with the cover flange on the ends, they are 3" wide. Then an EXTRA Bonus is that these covers are independent, they screw down to the wall/surface and not directly attached to the bar-studs like so many do. Total Height with cover on is 2-1/4".

ARE YOU SEATED ??? Maybe best to do so !
PRICE = $166 USD for the PAIR ! + S&H

Source AMAZON https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0CPDJGGBH?th=1

Last edited:
They're prettier than the bus bars from Sig Solar, but a lot more expensive. So far I'm happy with Sig's.

Wonder who is right? :) I see the amazon listing does say copper but the aliexpress item looks exactly the same and says it is brass.

Wonder who is right? :) I see the amazon listing does say copper but the aliexpress item looks exactly the same and says it is brass.
Grinder finds the answer quick.

Most likely copper because they mention red copper in the pics several times.

ups guy was quick like a bunny and had all the boxes on my front porch before I even noticed. Had to move them into the side yard before the battery inspector arrived.

E1DF0837-8E56-4C34-ACA9-B31C37A9CE30.jpeg

my ships AIS tracker showed up off the west coast not to far from San Francisco headed to LAX, arriving tomorrow by 2200 it says.

I’m thinking all 8 boxes will be in UPS hands by end of the week, but prob not.

my ships AIS tracker showed up off the west coast not to far from San Francisco headed to LAX, arriving tomorrow by 2200 it says.

I’m thinking all 8 boxes will be in UPS hands by end of the week, but prob not.
I think my last six box kits and some other parts are on that boat as well, I can get started putting boxes together soon.

All I have is that my order has been shipped and a UPS label has been generated.
I can't speak to the boat tracking. Perhaps someone else can add to this. However in my last two orders it was about 30 days from shipment to delivery which I think is pretty amazing.

I am slowly unboxing the delivery. Have other things to do along the way. I continue to be impressed with the care that is taken to protect the shipped items. Amy includes a very generous amount of foam around the items shipped. Even if the outer box is pierced somehow as happened with one of my boxes the foam protected the item inside. Amy is also generous with the amount of tape used to seal the boxes.

How did you guys know which boat to track? All I have is that my order has been shipped and a UPS label has been generated.
After Amy told me it was shipped from them in in the forwarders hands I then asked her if she could provide the ships name which she did.

The AIS tracker of many of these boats are terrestrial so my boat lost signal off the coast of Japan and seemed idle for 10 days until it showed up off the coast of Cali, but it does give an approximate arrival time which matched what Amy gave.

Either way UPS tracking has movement, delivery is scheduled for next Friday, which is awesome as we weren’t planning to be around for the holiday weekend.

Oh well I’ll prob do the pick up a local UPS store which I’m sure the store will hate, lol.

After Amy told me it was shipped from them in in the forwarders hands I then asked her if she could provide the ships name which she did.

The AIS tracker of many of these boats are terrestrial so my boat lost signal off the coast of Japan and seemed idle for 10 days until it showed up off the coast of Cali, but it does give an approximate arrival time which matched what Amy gave.

Either way UPS tracking has movement, delivery is scheduled for next Friday, which is awesome as we weren’t planning to be around for the holiday weekend.

Oh well I’ll prob do the pick up a local UPS store which I’m sure the store will hate, lol.
I got lucky my stuff is showing up today, next week is my wife’s birthday and I figured it would show up on it.

Have been slowly unboxing my order. Amy packed two of the 280 cells with my 12v case. Very ingenious packing and well protected with foam!

The 280 cells are in excellent condition. Hoping to begin top charging them soon so I can build my first new case. Will need to calculate the length of the negative leads but as with any DIY one careful step after another.

diy solar

diy solar
Back