diy solar

diy solar

Mounting LiFePO4 battery in wooden box

loverofpeace

Has anyone else done this? I will not be pushing any loads higher than 40a through well sized and fused wires. Any real dangers or downsides?

If you can express 40 amps as a fractional C rate it would be helpful but I doubt there would be any problems.

If you can express 40 amps as a fractional C rate it would be helpful but I doubt there would be any problems.

It's a 280ah Xuba/Dongguan battery. BMS is set at 0.2 C rate => 56 amps but this would be below that (around 0.14c). I posted 40a because my inverter is tiny and everything combined is fused for only 40a :)

Well at .14c I really don’t think there will be any measurable heat from the battery.

I run my 60ah cells at up to .4c sustained and they are surrounded on 4 sides by wood.

Well at .14c I really don’t think there will be any measurable heat from the battery.

I run my 60ah cells at up to .4c sustained and they are surrounded on 4 sides by wood.

Great thanks for the reply!

Like so ?
Using 8 Cells of 280AH for 24V/280AH packs.

280AH-Battery_Box.jpg

Box Assembled (A).jpg

Bus Bars & BMS harness leads attached.
Box With 280AH-cells (A).jpg
NOTE: I use a Chargery BMS System which is external to the box, hence the battery harness & temp leads attach outside on the front to the main BMS control module. There are double "pull strings" (orange with green tape over the knots) around each 4-cell bundle to help pull them out of the box if they need to be maintained.

Like so ?
Using 8 Cells of 280AH for 24V/280AH packs.

View attachment 16788

View attachment 16789

Bus Bars & BMS harness leads attached.
View attachment 16790
NOTE: I use a Chargery BMS System which is external to the box, hence the battery harness & temp leads attach outside on the front to the main BMS control module. There are double "pull strings" (orange with green tape over the knots) around each 4-cell bundle to help pull them out of the box if they need to be maintained.

what does the connector plugs on the outside of the box look like?

what does the connector plugs on the outside of the box look like?
Not sure what you mean. The passthrough connectors for the battery wires are shown in the box build diagram. they are 3/8's and battery cables are attached on the outside. The BMS wires Harness & Temp Sensor are just the normal ends as provided. I attach the BMS Main Module to the front of the box with double velcro.

Not sure what you mean. The passthrough connectors for the battery wires are shown in the box build diagram. they are 3/8's and battery cables are attached on the outside. The BMS wires Harness & Temp Sensor are just the normal ends as provided. I attach the BMS Main Module to the front of the box with double velcro.

I found the answer -- top left corner of your picture -- summitt racing ...

diy solar

diy solar
Back