diy solar

diy solar

"Renewed" Bluetti units from MaxOak

Djnorth is my brother and I am the guy who bought two refurb ac200p’s. They arrived is what appears to be like new condition, they fully charged and all functions appears to work. I purchased two additional chargers so I can try the dual charging but they have not arrived yet.I did notice that the two units have different firmware and as of yet I am unaware if it’s updatable by me or if it’s something that has to be done at the factory but it doesn’t seem to affect their behavior or performance. One unique thing about the chargers is that they have a cooling fan that runs even when it is finished charging the unit so don’t be surprised if the fans keep running you just need to unplug them when they’re done. I also noticed that when you touch the AC load button to see how much wattage is going out, it does not respond or show any wattage if you’re using AC for a small item with low wattage, when I plugged in an electric water kettle and turned it on it was showing 1648 watts. so far I am very pleased with the purchase.

Charging my car with $600 AC200P. Maybe I can get like 15 miles per day using the solar from this unit. I'll upgrade the setup if this is working.

As Will Prowse would say:

"It actually works!"

ac200p_car_charger.jpg

Reactions: feo
I was able to run a DC capacity test from the lighter plug on my EB70. The output seems to be limited to exactly 10A, and voltage was a pretty consistent 12.2v while loaded.

It pulled 583 Wh and 47.8 Ah. I'm not sure what's up with the time on the display, but I think it ran just shy of 5 hours.

Stated capacity is 716 Wh. This test capacity of 583 Wh is only 81.4%, which seems a little low. I'll try testing again from a full charge, in case I messed something up.

Two photos are attached, one after everything stabilized at the start of the test and one after the test.

Edited for autocorrect.

Attachments

• PXL_20211121_214000006.jpg
    PXL_20211121_214000006.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20211121_054341742.jpg
    PXL_20211121_054341742.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I was able to run a DC capacity test from the lighter plug on my EB70. The output seems to be limited to exactly 10A, and voltage was a pretty consistent 12.2v while loaded.

It pulled 583 Wh and 47.8 Ah. I'm not sure what's up with the time on the display, but I think it ran just shy of 5 hours.

Stated capacity is 716 Wh. This test capacity of 583 Wh is only 81.4%, which seems a little low. I'll try testing again from a full charge, in case I messed something up.

Two photos are attached, one after everything stabilized at the start of the test and one after the test.

Edited for autocorrect.
Shouldn't you measure based on actual capacity (~616) rather than rated capacity (716) ?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you clarify?

Where did the 616Wh value come from?
total noob question, doesn't bluetti set the depth of discharge (DoD) to only utilize 90% stated battery capacity, setting the usable max around 644? so 583 is closer to 91% efficiency?

total noob question, doesn't bluetti set the depth of discharge (DoD) to only utilize 90% stated battery capacity, setting the usable max around 644? so 583 is closer to 91% efficiency?
That's a reasonable question.

I don't know what parameters the EB70 is using for depth of discharge. I didn't see that value written down anywhere. So, yes, all I can do is measure the overall capacity and overall efficiency without being able to differentiate which capacity losses are due to settings and which are due to circuit efficiency.

I did another DC capacity test, run the same as before, and came up with 586 Wh. Slightly higher, but basically the same.

Found this in the user manual of the EB70, so based on this you should expect 716 X 0.9 X 0.9 = 580....so those tests show it as being ever so slightly overperforming which (to me) seems excellent for a used unit, especially for the prices. They're not selling beat up units with tons of degradation. Wish I had gotten another AC200P and two EB70s before they sold out. 1637603445206.png

Found this in the user manual of the EB70, so based on this you should expect 716 X 0.9 X 0.9 = 580....so those tests show it as being ever so slightly overperforming which (to me) seems excellent for a used unit, especially for the prices. They're not selling beat up units with tons of degradation. Wish I had gotten another AC200P and two EB70s before they sold out. View attachment 73205

The test is being run from the DC plug, so the inverter efficiency isn't at play here. That would mean 716 x .9 = 644.4, so based on the results of the test, it puts it at that 90.5% rated capacity. Still not bad considering the price though. I'm regretting not grabbing one.

The test is being run from the DC plug, so the inverter efficiency isn't at play here. That would mean 716 x .9 = 644.4, so based on the results of the test, it puts it at that 90.5% rated capacity. Still not bad considering the price though. I'm regretting not grabbing one.
Thanks for the schooling, makes perfect sense. Still learning obviously

Found this in the user manual of the EB70, so based on this you should expect 716 X 0.9 X 0.9 = 580....so those tests show it as being ever so slightly overperforming which (to me) seems excellent for a used unit, especially for the prices. They're not selling beat up units with tons of degradation. Wish I had gotten another AC200P and two EB70s before they sold out. View attachment 73205
Thanks for pointing out the assumed depth of discharge in the manual. Guess I spaced on that.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you clarify?

Where did the 616Wh value come from?
Look at this video and follow to 3 minute mark. Not sure where he arrived at this number, suspect he did his own capacity test.

Aren't the DC output are regulated outputs which means they have Buck-Boost converters which means there will be some loss to factor in.

Djnorth is my brother and I am the guy who bought two refurb ac200p’s. They arrived is what appears to be like new condition, they fully charged and all functions appears to work. I purchased two additional chargers so I can try the dual charging but they have not arrived yet.I did notice that the two units have different firmware and as of yet I am unaware if it’s updatable by me or if it’s something that has to be done at the factory but it doesn’t seem to affect their behavior or performance. One unique thing about the chargers is that they have a cooling fan that runs even when it is finished charging the unit so don’t be surprised if the fans keep running you just need to unplug them when they’re done. I also noticed that when you touch the AC load button to see how much wattage is going out, it does not respond or show any wattage if you’re using AC for a small item with low wattage, when I plugged in an electric water kettle and turned it on it was showing 1648 watts. so far I am very pleased with the purchase.
Yes the fan in ac charger for the ac200max also continues to run even after charge is complete. Seems like a waste of energy, and something that should’ve been easy for bluetti to have changed by now.

Last edited:
Well, I just received my 'Renewed' EB70 that I order on the 11-19-2021.
The box is in good shape, I inspect the contents and find that it has wrong Cig adapter, see the picture.
The unit is the Amazon returned that the customer bought it on July 2021, I do not think Bluetti even inspects the returned unit because it still has paper works with customer name, address, email, phone numbers, the return shipping label, etc. According to the RMA paper work, the unit was returned because of the stuck DC ON/OFF switch which seems to be working fine to me.
I am charging the the unit right now since the display shows the battery is empty, I hope I will not have any problem with the unit and they will send me the correct cig adapter.
So basically, the so called Renewed is not really a renewed since it looks like they did not even inspect the returned unit before selling and shipping the unit to me.
The unit and the AC adapter look really clean, no scratch marks or fingerprint any where.
I sent the Email to them about the adapter so I will find out how good/bad their service is.

Follow-up: 11-26-2021 so far no response from customer service, it does not look good.

Attachments

• EB70 wrong adapter_11-22-2021.jpg
    EB70 wrong adapter_11-22-2021.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I decided to bite the bullet, throw caution to the wind and take a chance on one of the refurb EB240s for $472. (Would have preferred an AC200P, but sold out.) I am a little leery about the battery, especially something that's not LFP. Unit looks brand new.

Anyway, I got it today and it was shipped with a full charge, since when I wanted to charge it to full, it took no charge until I took it down for a couple minutes, after which time it was taking a full charge of around 460 watts with a T500 charger. Apparently they gave it a full tank of electrons in Vegas. I'm currently running it down with a 500 watt space heater. I'd expect a "new" unit to run this for about 4 hours. So far it's been an hour and a half and I have 3 bars left out of 5. We'll see how long it runs, and how much juice it accepts to recharge to full. At this price I'm not expecting battery performance like new, but if it's reasonably close, that's good enough for me.

(When I first plugged in a space heater I panicked because it was not working, just beeping. But I used the wrong heater, one that needs 1500W to start up on a 1000W inverter. Using the 500W heater was fine.)

I also tested some of the DC inputs, and all I've tested seem OK. The unit itself looks brand new -- no scuffs, scratches, dents -- nothing.

[edit to add: I got about 3 hours, 45 minutes, including a little DC drain as well. Charged overnight and it took 2.35 kWh. All in all, especially for the price, first impression is a good one.]

Last edited:
Received the AC200 and EB70. AC200 came 7% charged and EB70 fully discharged
AC200P Appearance 8/10, charger 6/10. AC Capacity test with 260w output: 1680WH
EB70 Appearance 9/10 Charger 9/10. DC Capacity test results: 10A output: 580WH, 7A output: 620WH

Still waiting on a resolution with my inoperable AC200P charger. Sent an email and got a reply asking for a video of it not charging and serial number to troubleshoot. Sent it and was asked if it would charge with the car/pv, replied with yes on the car and haven't been able to test the pv, panels haven't arrived yet. Waiting to hear back, sucks this is happening during the short week, everything takes longer to get resolved. Picked up four 100w hqst panels for $288, hope to make two solar suitcases to make it a somewhat portable system for jeep shows, camping trips etc

Back