diy solar

diy solar

Single 120v into polaris connector

kreaded

I currently have a single EG4 6500EX with plans to add a second one soon. For the time being I would like to add more single pole breakers to my solar distribution panel so that I can utilize more slots on the panel. I have purchased a Polaris Connector to turn the single 120 output of my inverter and to split it into multiple. I have not turned anything on yet but I want to make sure I am not overlooking anything before I do so. My plan is to run both sides of my distribution panel with the same 6500ex. Is it fair to assume as long as I do not add a 2 pole breaker to the box all electronics should work just fine.

My thinking is any 120v devices will only touch one side of the distribution panel at a time and not need to have split phase. This should allow me to fill up the distribution with all 120v devices and then in the future when I do add a second 6500ex I will remove the polaris connector and setup both in a split phase configuration. Is this a terrible idea?

Last edited:
I used to do this with my older system. As long as you don't put any 240v breakers in, it should be fine. Might wana put some kind of sticker/note on the panel for the time being that it's "120v only" or something like that to help remember.

Back