diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER WONT START UP RED LIGHT ON BOARD

So you you’ve got a red light on your board while running it looks like?
Fuse is on the positive battery terminal underneath what looks like a current meter, at least I'm thinking it's the fuse.
The red light your seeing is in the same spot as my photo attached?
Your sure the rocker switch isn't disconnecte

Fuse is on the positive battery terminal underneath what looks like a current meter, at least I'm thinking it's the fuse.
The red light your seeing is in the same spot as my photo attached?
Your sure the rocker switch isn't disconnected?
Yeah, I finally put the two bottom screws into the wall yesterday and kept bumping into that on/off switch/wires!

Guys do you think Monday I should ask for Sungold to honor the 30 day return policy on this unit? I’m within 30 days of receipt I wonder if I could talk them into mailing me a square screen unit and mail this one pack. I’d pay for shipping, I wonder if I should ask for that instead of DIY repairing AFFFA9C5-1480-4742-9F3A-F15F127070F4.jpeg7D2F3ACB-671F-440D-B065-B15F5F09BB46.jpeg

That's Exactly what I'd do!!

I wouldn't fiddle with trying to fix it or ship it for repair or any of that.... just get it replaced!

That wouldn't be a bad thing since it would get you a newer design on top of fixing it. That said the entire return part might take longer if they want it back before sending a new one.

If it was just fixing I'd go the send a board to fix it deal. With the current one being a newer design I'd send it back and get a replacement if I could.

That wouldn't be a bad thing since it would get you a newer design on top of fixing it. That said the entire return part might take longer if they want it back before sending a new one.

If it was just fixing I'd go the send a board to fix it deal. With the current one being a newer design I'd send it back and get a replacement if I could.
I agree with your diagnosis @Crowz

Guys do you think Monday I should ask for Sungold to honor the 30 day return policy on this unit? I’m within 30 days of receipt I wonder if I could talk them into mailing me a square screen unit and mail this one pack. I’d pay for shipping, I wonder if I should ask for that instead of DIY repairing View attachment 178707View attachment 178708
I would advise them to ship you a new unit along with a prepaid shipping label to return your old one. If they hesitate kindly remind them of the time frame and the protections your cc company offers, you could also mention you're an active member on this forum that is viewed by thousands of people daily.
Screenshot_20231119-131900.jpg

I would advise them to ship you a new unit along with a prepaid shipping label to return your old one. If they hesitate kindly remind them of the time frame and the protections your cc company offers, you could also mention you're an active member on this forum that is viewed by thousands of people daily.
View attachment 178730
Thank you @42OhmsPA i was looking for that

I don't know anything about that one but I'd be leery of it being "new". I'd stick with something that has been field tested a bit more if you get my drift. May turn out to be awesome but it hasn't been for sale long enough for my liking.

What are y’all’s thoughts on this rig? Thinking about ordering a backup to play with…. Lol
I'd order it from CC if you get one.
It's pretty new, made by Lux Power, testers on here seem happy with it.

Back