diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

Yes. That's how I'm running my SRNE now. I only gave it grid input during initial programming.
I have also successfully charged batteries with an older 5500w non inverter generator with no issues (besides dirty power passing through to my loads during charging)

Yes. That's how I'm running my SRNE now. I only gave it grid input during initial programming.
I have also successfully charged batteries with an older 5500w non inverter generator with no issues (besides dirty power passing through to my loads during charging)
Does your machine also show like constant 4 amps charging into the battery, although the battery is already fully charged?

Does your machine also show like constant 4 amps charging into the battery, although the battery is already fully charged?
No.
I'd have to double check actual inverter display but my shunt and Solar Assistant read darn close to zero when batteries go to float.

No.
I'd have to double check actual inverter display but my shunt and Solar Assistant read darn close to zero when batteries go to float.
Yes, if your solar assistant reads your shunt, but try reading the data coming from the inverter and compare that. If the display shows 4A at full battery, then the data will be way off. Just wondering if it has the same error as my machine.

Yes, if your solar assistant reads your shunt, but try reading the data coming from the inverter and compare that. If the display shows 4A at full battery, then the data will be way off. Just wondering if it has the same error as my machine.
Solar Assistant is connected directly to my inverter, the shunt is completely separate.
I am not using battery communications with the inverter, BMS's are also directly connected to SA.
I'll check when I get home from work, batteries should have been floating for hours by then.

This (above) is the thing I see missing from this/these Sungold (and other) inverters/allinone's etc... The ability to not only monitor, but Manage ALL the user adjustable parameters. That's about the only thing at this point holding me back from pulling the trigger on this inverter and a couple of batteries.... :(

This (above) is the thing I see missing from this/these Sungold (and other) inverters/allinone's etc... The ability to not only monitor, but Manage ALL the user adjustable parameters. That's about the only thing at this point holding me back from pulling the trigger on this inverter and a couple of batteries.... :(
I'm not sure what you mean? The adjustable parameters in the SRNE / SGP being talked about are vast.

@Lighthouse Beacon how is everything working out for you?

I'm not sure what you mean? The adjustable parameters in the SRNE / SGP being talked about are vast.

Oh I know, but really they are all just codes, easy to implement. I'd like to be able to do major things like turn on grid battery charging, turn it off, etc. etc. I know you shouldn't have to mess with it once things are set up but.... maybe I'm just a control freak. :)

For comparison look at how the EG4 18Kpv is fully configurable via the app ... you can adjust and turn things on or off or whatever...

I’m good. Got my breakers into load panel, still feeding MTS, I’m about to pull a mini split line to it. My next step is trying to learn how to do solar assistant or access data from this thing. I see a wifi and usb port. What’s the best way to try and get data from this system? I keep hearing about shunts and solar assistant? Any tips appreciated 9B069614-CC11-452E-A637-24D4024F8B43.jpeg

I’m good. Got my breakers into load panel, still feeding MTS, I’m about to pull a mini split line to it. My next step is trying to learn how to do solar assistant or access data from this thing. I see a wifi and usb port. What’s the best way to try and get data from this system? I keep hearing about shunts and solar assistant? Any tips appreciated View attachment 174066
I have 0 input on the wifi comms/ software. The dongle that shipped with it is still in the box.
As far as Solar Assistant just connect the USB cable to the Pi, select SRNE for the inverter type in SA settings and enjoy.
The shunt is only for battery (capacity) monitoring.

No.
@Schamp see attached. Shunt was bouncing between 0 and 2a, display was around the same.
Sorry for the slight thread diversion @Lighthouse Beacon .

Attachments

• IMG_20231025_160055.jpg
    IMG_20231025_160055.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20231025_155802.jpg
    IMG_20231025_155802.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231025_155936.jpg
    IMG_20231025_155936.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 2
@Schamp see attached. Shunt was bouncing between 0 and 2a, display was around the same.
Sorry for the slight thread diversion @Lighthouse Beacon .
Interesting. My display always shows 4A when battery is full and there's plenty of solar. But what's worse, is that the charge Ah+ and discharge Ah- data never zero's out. Data will say ex. it discharged 100Ah from the full battery and then charged 190Ah back. It's always like 90Ah off per 24h.

Well guys, I did it. a 10k as per the thread title and discussion and two rack-mount batteries..... Wish me Luck! and Welcome to the Club...
Savor that discount! + no shipping + no tax! Don’t know how long deals like that will last. I’m really trying hard not to just order batts before Oct 31
381DA496-9973-4548-AA06-FB675DCB00FE.jpeg

That's why I pushed myself to order 2 instead of just 1 to start with.... I'll likely increase it by a couple more if everything is working out....but I'll worry about that later....maybe next year's halloween sale. :) :) :)

Maybe I'll even get a Halloween Delivery, but probably not... more likely the first week of November.

That's why I pushed myself to order 2 instead of just 1 to start with.... I'll likely increase it by a couple more if everything is working out....but I'll worry about that later....maybe next year's halloween sale. :) :) :)

Maybe I'll even get a Halloween Delivery, but probably not... more likely the first week of November.
Don’t tempt me Kenny!!!!

Back