diy solar

diy solar

SunGoldPower-----Buyer Beware

So the consensus overall is that the 10K all in one inverter from SGP is a good unit?
LOLROF no.

I for one happen to be quite happy with my tp6048. So there are other perfectly happy people out there with sungold products that are not the 10k for instance.

The key thing with all of these aio units is figuring out who actually makes the unit your interested in and how well that unit performs across all rebrander/sellers to figure out if you want it or not. Don't get bogged down in the logo on it. Figure out who actually makes it and then you can look across all of the ones selling it as their own to decide if its worth buying or not.

Any problem you find with a particular unit can be found in the other sellers version of it normally.

OK Folks. First, I am in no way affiliated with or conspiring with SGP. I just purchased an inverter from them.

I have conducted a test with my EG4 Communications Hub connected to the Inverter and the hub disconnected from the Inverter (or BMS disabled in the Inverter setup) while futzing (technical term) with the Boost/Bulk charge voltage.

With BMS Enabled and EG4 Comms Hub Connected I changed the Max charge voltage on the Hub.
EG4 Comms Hub Setting IPower Display
56 14
55 13.8

EG4 Comms Disconnected. I manually changed the Inverter (option/ID 09) setting.
Manual Inverter Settings IPower Display
57.2 14.3
54.8 13.7

The Inverter will use the BMS charging voltages when BMS communications is available. The Inverter will use the manually programmed values when BMS is disabled or disconnected.

I assume Solar Assistant would display the same values. I had to disconnect SA in order to plug my computer into the Inverter Wifi port.

I now have a bit more faith in the inverter. Why can't they just make the firmware report correct values based on input battery voltage; ie. 12, 24 or 48.

Why couldn't SGP just provided this info a month ago when I asked about it.

One thing that helps see how they all get around the voltage stuff is don't think of the batteries as x size. Think of them all as 1 cell when figuring stuff.
Everything I calculate is based on 3.35, 3.45, 3.55, etc. Its the voltage of single cell. I just multiple or divide to get it back to the actually battery size or to take it down from the total battery size.
All of my charge rules, calculations for state of charge are based on this.

So my 48v stuff which are made up of 16 cells are 16 times 3.35 to get idle voltage I want which is 53.6 volts.

When we chose to go with SGP I told my boss that the units were 1/3 the price, probably not worth the headache of trying to return a unit if one fails and if we ended up having to replace one at some point, we'd still save money. The low frequency inverter/chargers are well built and there's really not a lot of other options in that price range so we went for it and so far so good.

I'm glad you got your refund to go through despite the headache and stress

When we chose to go with SGP I told my boss that the units were 1/3 the price, probably not worth the headache of trying to return a unit if one fails and if we ended up having to replace one at some point, we'd still save money. The low frequency inverter/chargers are well built and there's really not a lot of other options in that price range so we went for it and so far so good.

I'm glad you got your refund to go through despite the headache and stress
Agreed, I don’t mind popping in 3 years, but popping in 19 days is a no go, especially when I babied it so much. I believe I received a refurb machine originally based on the crooked display panel, dust, and finger prints on it. First thing I noticed when I unboxed. I think they may try to sneak clean looking refurbs on folks from time to time

Thats the newer type right?
Correct. Color match much better with batt. This unit is packaged better than my original, bag is completely sealed and includes a silica pack. My last one did not. The unit does not have any smudges or dust, looks as I originally expected my first should be. Better feeling about this unit already 93EFB3EC-4A43-4065-88BC-50673E0AEA2D.jpeg

Back