diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

Just registering etc won't work. They need to put your serial number in the system and migrate your data over to AWS first. You can ask them but I am not sure if they will make exceptions and migrate over an older customers.
So everyone that has brought solark in the past are stuck on the China servers and only new customers get AWS in the US? Surely a migration system would be basic common sense? Especially given the premium pricing/local support model.

So back to the original question, why can't you access settings? Can you use the screen on the SolArk?

I think solar-assistant website says that RS485 through CAN/ BMS port is read only and you need to hook up to RS232(?) port where WiFi dongle is connected to be able to modify settings on 15k. For 8k/ 12k, you can modify settings through any port.

From SA website

Attachments

• IMG_5782.jpeg
    IMG_5782.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
So back to the original question, why can't you access settings? Can you use the screen on the SolArk?
I was referring to limitations of Solar Assistant. I can change settings on the Sol-Ark screen or PowerView.

Has anybody upgraded from a RPi3 to like a 5?
I am wondering if the speed difference is noticeable?

Has anybody upgraded from a RPi3 to like a 5?
I am wondering if the speed difference is noticeable?
I just upgraded from a 4B to a 5. No visible speed increase, but I like having the HDMI screen available.

I'm running 3B, and my data refresh is almost every 2 seconds. Not sure how much faster you can get with 5.

I finally hooked up SA to Home Assistant to turn off non-critical circuits via a my new smart breakers. I probably have the most electrically sophisticated 120 year old cabin in country..

That would be nice..
It would be nice if I was near the inverter a lot, but I go into my electrical room maybe once a month just to dust it out.
I pretty much do the same thing with an Amazon Tablet via Wifi. The WiFi tablet is in my Kitchen mounted on the wall.

I find the wording confusing. Is it an instant switch on that date, or are they going live now with mysolark but killing the current one on that date?
Either way, looks like your historical data might not be available for over a month.

Back