diy solar

diy solar

Victron- major price drop!

Every business needs its core principles. I'm glad there are cheap commodity businesses for every day needs and then the Current Connected type that you can get service/information from for systems.
There needs to be places that you can purchase and get service with the purchase. Go somewhere else if you just want cheap!

Sometimes the customer looking to save $10 or $20 on a big system is not worth having. Where else have they pinched pennies that could lead to nothing but problems and anger?

Sure, this thread is talking about a much bigger difference than that, and we have been happy to correct it... that's not my point. When it comes down to it not every customer is equal. Signature Solar and Amazon could a few bucks, and if that's all you are focused on, then so be it, we were never meant to be. We have always focused on value more than price and I think that has come across pretty clear.
Funny how a $1732 difference magically becomes an immaterial "$10 or $20"

If CC is losing a large amount on the sale because Victron isn't giving a credit on the price drop, and you dislike SS, wouldn't you be doing CC a favor if you bought it from SS causing them to lose the money instead? :unsure:

Although, the price isn't going back up in the future, so CC already loses that money whether you buy it from them or not. The money is already lost as soon as Victron lowered the price, unless people are truly willing to pay the original price to CC.

Read his whole post. He was spot on, it goes along with the saying….I can’t afford to be cheap…. I’m glad SS is an option but I’m very glad CC is an option and will pay extra just to support someone who is doing an outstanding job.
You said you would gladly pay $866 more for an inverter to buy from current connected vs signature solar.

On a 240v system that would be $1732 more ,plus tax.

but I realize different people need different levels of hand-holding so I guess paying $1700 more for consulting could be rationalized - I guess

Burp. Now you tell me.

All my stuff comes from current connected.

And this is not directed at them, but I wonder if the date is indicative of Victron seeing slower inventory movement

And I can’t help but think this is a smiley face. Nice touch. Take that signature solar.😂

IMG_1095.jpeg

Last edited:
Burp. Now you tell me.

All my stuff comes from current connected.

And this is not directed at them, but I wonder if the date is indicative of Victron seeing slower inventory movement

And I can’t help but think this is a smiley face. Nice touch. Take that signature solar.😂

View attachment 229756
You can tell the build date from first few digits of serial number.

Well, they are responding by dropping prices. Hopefully generate some cash flow for new products. Imagine a Victron all in one or a US split phase all in one. And fixing all that spaghetti, vrm, and comms stuff.

I sincerely hope they don’t go the way of battleborn.

And it’s working. Seriously thinking of a second Quattro.

Well, they are responding by dropping prices. Hopefully generate some cash flow for new products. Imagine a Victron all in one or a US split phase all in one. And fixing all that spaghetti, vrm, and comms stuff.

I sincerely hope they don’t go the way of battleborn.

And it’s working. Seriously thinking of a second Quattro.
You have one 120v quattro? No 240v loads? Or using autotransformer?

One 120/5000. No loads yet. Still building. 5000 watts will probably be enough for me but wouldn’t mind some headroom in case the wife visits….

diy solar

diy solar
Back