diy solar

diy solar

Welded posts

These were from a US seller that buys from eve directly and eve welded the terminals on I guess. I would have to go look and see who they were I got the link off a YouTube review of the cells

These were from a US seller that buys from eve directly and eve welded the terminals on I guess. I would have to go look and see who they were I got the link off a YouTube review of the cells

Love to know who the seller was, thanks!

I love those terminals, much better than the single studs I've seen/used on other cells. One thing that came to mind as I was tightening though is the screws being away from the terminal, as you tighten, increased rotational force is put on the post. I'm sure it's not a concern, especially since EVE sells them that way, but was careful not to over do it.

One thing that came to mind as I was tightening though is the screws being away from the terminal, as you tighten, increased rotational force is put on the post. I'm sure it's not a concern, especially since EVE sells them that way, but was careful not to over do it.

I was thinking the same thing. I think it is a superior terminal, but you can't go 800 lb Gorilla on it.

I was thinking the same thing. I think it is a superior terminal, but you can't go 800 lb Gorilla on it.
We always use a K-Tools 1/4" beam torque wrench. Generic ones are only $20-$30 on Amazon. Small price to pay to keep from turning a perfectly good cell into a paperweight.

What I like about them is they appear to be helicoiled, so the threads should be steal to steal, not aluminum. Can’t say I’ve seen many helicoiled cells before but it make sense.

Back