diy solar

diy solar

What is your favorite off grid device-appliance-gadget?

No , I’m behind on this type cooking… I need somthing like this and for just two people I think the small one would be fine in my RV… do you know about what type power it draws… @ 1500 watts or ???
Thank you , J.
I do not. If I get one I'll be sure to post power consumption. I don't think it would be over 1500w when it running.

Reactions: JRH
Electric blanket and small IR quartz radiant heater. Using the electric blanket under a quilt or sleeping bag I can just heat me and keep the cabin cooler so it reduces my propane use and I sleep like a baby. Only run those on a pure sine inverter. I use the Rellorus from Amazon.

IR quartz radiant heater is my dump load on sunny winter days. I have one that is just 250 watts on low and enough to take the chill off the cabin and heats me up while I am working. I use the Numifun off Amazon.

No , I’m behind on this type cooking… I need somthing like this and for just two people I think the small one would be fine in my RV… do you know about what type power it draws… @ 1500 watts or ???
Thank you , J.
From the website to Support page and then user manual.

Attachments

• Ninja Multi Cooker Power Specs.png
    Ninja Multi Cooker Power Specs.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: JRH
My Goldshell Mini Doge Miner. It heats my bedroom for around 260W and mines Doge ?

lzm3zhidpka9fwpijoia.png

I run my 110v mig welder from my off grid solar system. It runs from a 3000 watt Aims MSW inverter and a lead acid battery bank. Not sure if the welder or the air compressor draws the most current.
High load tools that only run for very short periods work fine off a smaller system as long as you have a big enough inverter.

I have a 2500 watt inverter for big loads that are run for short periods and a 1200 watt for regular use.

The digital thermostat is a no brainer. Easy to program. No complaints whatsoever.
The cooling units come in single, double, triple and quad fan sizes. They are power hogs but i have used a dedicated 12 volt PV setup to power it. In humid conditions they will want to get frosty and you need to build a chute to direct the condensation out of the battery box. It was fun and challenging to rig up the whole setup but quite satisfying to see it working.

Other than lots of guns and ammo?

If you can't afford or legally own a suppressor in your locale, a quality pellet rifle is a cheap and quiet way to dispatch varmints and take small game.

Also echoing what others said- but a diverse power tool platform, in my case, Milwaukee M12 and M18 is awesome. You can do everything from regular power tool work, inflating tires, a fan for air circulation, shop vacuum, lighting...

Hell, I'm waiting on Milwaukee to drop an M18 Pack out microwave... Hell, Makita did it!

Attachments

• makmw001gz_111.jpg
    makmw001gz_111.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 1
That would create a “China Syndrome “ event ( A movie for the youngsters reading this ) as it melted right through my plastic and balsa wood RV……..ouch…

It whipped up fear , particularly during three mile Island , I think I am right in saying there hasn't been a nuclear power station built in the US since

It whipped up fear , particularly during three mile Island , I think I am right in saying there hasn't been a nuclear power station built in the US since
well considering who starred in it… now ya know why it whipped up fear… another Hollywood political statement…with their usual assortment of fear whippers..( is that a real word? ) …
well anyway , you know what I mean.

There have been quite a few, some relatively close to me.
I've caught some big fish in the susquehanna river below one of them...

There have been quite a few, some relatively close to me.
I've caught some big fish in the susquehanna river below one of them...

Blinky_caught.jpg

Back