diy solar

diy solar

5 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Looks like I should have bought 2 of the ASF48100u200-H at the end of last year. Seems like the price has jumped up quite a bit. I am not in a super hurry to replace the LVX6048 I guess, but really happy with the SRNE as this point.

I still get a kick out of running my AC off solar. I know it is no big deal, but it still makes me smile.

Lucky you.

If we were able to get a net-metering agreement with our elec coop, no matter how much energy we pump into the grid, our bill would never be below ~$50.

After all this offgrid hullabaloo, and now, NOW, you want to net meter?
Hahaha. Only 1 array, 2.8KW. It's W facing on a detached garage roof.
My thought process is utilize it to offset the ~$16 / month connection fee, make some money, and have a 'green energy' selling point for the next buyers.

Hahaha. Only 1 array, 2.8KW. It's W facing on a detached garage roof.
My thought process is utilize it to offset the ~$16 / month connection fee, make some money, and have a 'green energy' selling point for the next buyers.
Around here they won't pay you for excess.

Wow.

I'd get a check once a year but still have to pay the monthly fee.
You can bank X number of Kwh on the grid, once bank is full, they get excess for free.

Any Kwh in the bank at true up, they won't pay for it.

My brother used to get paid $0.10/Kwh off his wind generator (17.5Kwh Jacobs) but then a merger happened and those contracts were voided. Net metering with the above restrictions. Farmers are now PO'd. Max bank for farmers is 2000 Kwh in bank at any one time. Most were installing big arrays, then banking the power for grain drying. 2000 Kwh won't get them far. I know some here pay an electric bill during harvest of over $5,000 per month with about $0.15/Kwh cost.

diy solar

diy solar
Back