diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

I spoke with the supplier about the lack of a way to file a complaint with UPS. They spoke with their forwarder, and then said this:

"The freight forwarder recommends that your customer submit the tracking number to look for UPS to appeal, and then the agent (shipper) will use the appeal number to expedite the process and progress of the claim."

I will try to talk to UPS on Monday and see if there is indeed a way to do as the supplier asks, and if there is I will detail it in here.
Where's my money Michael?

I spoke with the supplier about the lack of a way to file a complaint with UPS. They spoke with their forwarder, and then said this:

"The freight forwarder recommends that your customer submit the tracking number to look for UPS to appeal, and then the agent (shipper) will use the appeal number to expedite the process and progress of the claim."

I will try to talk to UPS on Monday and see if there is indeed a way to do as the supplier asks, and if there is I will detail it in here.

GOOGLE SEARCH: ups file a claim

Claims | UPS Support - United Stateshttps://www.ups.com › help-center › claims-support

Start a Claim​

You can start a claim for packages that have been lost or damaged, or if a collect on delivery payment was not received:
  • Loss: You can file a claim on a package if it has not been delivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. Before filing a claim, be sure you’ve checked all exterior doors and other locations where the package could be placed, including the porch, back patio, garage, and any area out of potential weather hazards. You should also check with anyone who might have retrieved the package. If you’re still unable to locate the package, the sender or the intended receiver can initiate a claim.
  • Damaged: The shipper or receiver can initiate a claim on a damaged package, although UPS encourages the shipper to report package problems.
  • Uncollected C.O.D.: A package is considered uncollectible if C.O.D. (collect on delivery) funds are not paid. Only the shipper of record can report an uncollected C.O.D. claim.
Note: For a complete description of all requirements for the claim process, refer to the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service in effect at the time of shipping.
For eligible packages, you can request a refund for packages not delivered on time by logging into the UPS Billing Center. Refer to the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service in effect at the time of shipping for terms and conditions applicable to the UPS Service Guarantee.
Access UPS Billing Center
Start a Claim
Step 1: Provide package details.
Step 2: Identify your role.
We need to know your relationship to the package.
  • Shipper/Sender: The person who shipped the package for which a claim is being requested
  • Consignee/Receiver: The person who received or would have received the package for which a claim is being requested
  • Shipper’s Appointed Representative: An entity who processes claims on behalf of the sender
  • Third Party: Someone other than the shipper or receiver who has an interest in or connection to the shipment or billing information of a claim

It's already been noted that UPS will deny a claim for damage that was due to improper packaging (all of these), and it's also doubtful they will do anything for improperly marked batteries. Not saying not to try, but don't hold your breath.
I agree. I have been on the losing side of improper packaging with far superior packing.

Just wanted to get the info out there for the people who want to give the supplier and Michael the benefit of the doubt.

If you want a reply from this scammer all you have to do is start a PayPal dispute. Then he'll eventually respond and say that you have to send them back to him if you want your money back. He won't respond to anything else now that he has your money
Look dude....I am NOT a scammer. I did not say you have to send them back, I say you should cool your jets and see what the supplier ends up doing. PAYPAL said you should send them back.

Everyone was told that if there were problems I would work with the supplier to make things right and I am doing that.

I did not pick the cells, or pack the cells, or ship the cells. You all need to take a damn chill pill and let this play out.

I don't have your money, the supplier has the money and bears the responsibility to make this right.

It is a shit situation for everyone and for me as much or MORE than for any of you. Some of you make me sick with your allegations and assertions.

I do have a beef with Michael, he went to a new supplier and placed a large order without doing enough due diligence. He said they were new cells, tested & choice of studs. I got used cells with the wrong stud size. 8 of 32 were in that condition and the rest either didn't arrive (8) or were damaged beyond safe use.

I didn't go with Michael to save a few bucks. I went with him because he used good suppliers. Sorry but Michael got taken and he will have to shoulder some of the loss.

Just because its called a group buy that doesn't mean Micheal is absolved of any liability. If he wants to run his business as a group buy club (and benefit from some people thinking he is just doing us all a favor) then I would suggest he needs a waiver of liability (for his own protection). BTW if he did present me with a waiver I would have gone elsewhere.

It seems like the first guy to receive damaged cells is still without resolution 60 DAYS later (that's <1 star service. Right?). Michael may be doing all he can but it is a far cry from what he should be doing.
I did the same due diligence I have done with every supplier I have used.

I do not know yet if there will be any loss for anyone. The supplier has not acted yet and so we do not know if there will be a loss.

You people can blame me all you want but it wont change a thing. We have to jump through the hoops they ask us to and try to get them to do the right thing.

Can I get a reply to our message thread as well? Been trying to find out what happened to the other half of my order and haven't gotten any response from you. @Michael B Caro
Anything that has not been delivered was recalled by the shipper.
I am pushing for those cells to be replaced/refunded immediately as there is no doubt at all that one of those things needs to be done on anything that was not delivered. But, the supplier is, apparently doing all they can to get the shipping forwarder and/or UPS to bear some of the loss and is not wanting to do anything for us until they get it resolved with those two players.

It SUCKS, but that is the way it is at this point.

I am pushing for those cells to be replaced/refunded immediately as there is no doubt at all that one of those things needs to be done on anything that was not delivered. But, the supplier is, apparently doing all they can to get the shipping forwarder and/or UPS to bear some of the loss and is not wanting to do anything for us until they get it resolved with those two players.

It SUCKS, but that is the way it is at this point.
@Michael B Caro
I didnt want any of those cells. Just the Lishen cells I ordered. It looks like they are unavailable. Can i please get my refund.

I’ll put my two cents in here as well. Have one damaged cell, assuming bad internal resistance from several months ago. I just now got to building them as they sold for a customer pack build.

I have not received a response. Assuming my packs are without warranty which I was told they would be, I was sold something that was not as described which would be push for a dispute. I’ll see where we go from here, since he seems to reply here but ignore pms. The water is hot in this pot it seems.

@Michael B Caro
I didnt want any of those cells. Just the Lishen cells I ordered. It looks like they are unavailable. Can i please get my refund.
Yes, Lishen never shipped the cells to the supplier.
I am processing refunds for those that ordered the Lishen cells as fast as I can. Some of the people that received damaged cells have managed to finagle a full refund from PayPal or from the CC company and that has depleted the account that the Lishen refunds were to come out of.
Those people have basically, as far as I am concerned, stolen your money. They were all told that I would work with the supplier to resolve any problems with the cells. I am doing that. They do NOT have a refund of any kind coming until the supplier takes whatever action they end up taking

I’ll put my two cents in here as well. Have one damaged cell, assuming bad internal resistance from several months ago. I just now got to building them as they sold for a customer pack build.

I have not received a response. Assuming my packs are without warranty which I was told they would be, I was sold something that was not as described which would be push for a dispute. I’ll see where we go from here, since he seems to reply here but ignore pms. The water is hot in this pot it seems.
Brandon, the number of pm's and emails is totally unmanageable when I am working long hours.

I will track down your message and respond to it.

Brandon, the number of pm's and emails is totally unmanageable when I am working long hours.

Yes, Lishen never shipped the cells to the supplier.
I am processing refunds for those that ordered the Lishen cells as fast as I can. Some of the people that received damaged cells have managed to finagle a full refund from PayPal or from the CC company and that has depleted the account that the Lishen refunds were to come out of.
Those people have basically, as far as I am concerned, stolen your money. They were all told that I would work with the supplier to resolve any problems with the cells. I am doing that. They do NOT have a refund of any kind coming until the supplier takes whatever action they end up taking
you said you will respond, haven't heard from you yet, emailed and messaged, its for a refund of 32x lishen cells that never shipped

Michael, just a suggestion. Perhaps you should let us know the name and contact info of this "Supplier"?
1: We will know never to do business with them.
2: Everyone who has money at stake, and not just YOU, could hound them to make it right. This way the weight is off your back and put on the people who actually screwed up!
3: You then just need to make whole all the folks who's order never shipped.

If as you said the supplier has everyone's funds, the supplier is the one who caused the disaster with piss poor packing, and its the supplier who recalled many of the cells due to packaging issues. Then they need to know they are on the hook.
Maybe one of the members here has contacts in China who can pay a visit to the "supplier" to get things straight?
Just a thought. My experience with you was fine, but it is obvious this all went way out of control, and you have limited time to deal with it.

I think if everyone who has had an issue can contact the supplier directly, they may feel more pressure to do the right thing.

Jus sayin.

Michael, just a suggestion. Perhaps you should let us know the name and contact info of this "Supplier"?
1: We will know never to do business with them.
2: Everyone who has money at stake, and not just YOU, could hound them to make it right. This way the weight is off your back and put on the people who actually screwed up!
3: You then just need to make whole all the folks who's order never shipped.

If as you said the supplier has everyone's funds, the supplier is the one who caused the disaster with piss poor packing, and its the supplier who recalled many of the cells due to packaging issues. Then they need to know they are on the hook.
Maybe one of the members here has contacts in China who can pay a visit to the "supplier" to get things straight?
Just a thought. My experience with you was fine, but it is obvious this all went way out of control, and you have limited time to deal with it.

I think if everyone who has had an issue can contact the supplier directly, they may feel more pressure to do the right thing.

Jus sayin.
Just checked flights to Shenzhen from JFK. Only $1547 round trip! Maybe someone has the time to pay the supplier a visit?

I did get a reply from Michael, in hopes of a replacement cell. He is supposed to be looking into it to see if I can get a replacement sent out.

I want to say my experience with Michael was great, and we have had several decent talks, I don’t think he’s the bad guy, but again the water is hot in the pot right now.

It’s not right how this has been handled for a lot of people but it’s also hard for one guy to manage several issues at once as well…

Have to be in both peoples shoes. I think he is trying and we can see how it will play out. I know he’s probably feeling how I would, he didn’t make enough to deal with this kind of situation. I’ve been in that boat before… he’s just the middle man, he can only do so much, and quite frankly it’s not worth his time to deal with probably the 100s of orders that are having issues, if he’s making say… $100 an order or something.

But the thing is, he is holding some responsibility and trying to do what he can to fix it for everyone… let’s try to give him a chance, with it being China we’re dealing with, expect the worst.

The biggest problem I see is the dismal communications taking place.

There have been VERY long periods of time on this forum with no communications. There have been MANY people talking about getting no response to emails or private messages .... and no way to contact via phone.
When you have a large sum of money invested and very long periods of no communications ... people are going to get PO'd.

How are people supposed to trust that Michael is aggressively communicating with the supplier for a resolution when they can't get a response themselves?

Today is one day shy of 2 months since this thread started. The supplier is delaying, delaying, ask for more information, delaying, blaming a third party..... It's way past time to pin them down on a resolution ... press them from every angle possible. If a CC company was used for the purchase get them involved. If a payment was made to the seller via a method with no purchase protection .... shame on Michael.

The bottom line to me is that if Michael doesn't have sufficient time to invest in a situation like this ..... he should NOT be in the business and I am very sad if any of you guys that are going to get screwed came to Michael because of a recommendation I made in a post.

and I am very sad if any of you guys that are going to get screwed came to Michael because of a recommendation I made in a post.
Yup I am too. I feel very bad about this whole situation. I also agree the supplier is stalling. Does anyone know if a freight forwarder actually packages things? I have never heard of that before. I surely don't blame UPS. The lousy packing is the suppliers fault.

I applaud UPS for getting these cells to their destinations given the terrible packaging and I am not necessarily a fan of UPS. It's time for Michael to tell the supplier to shit or get off the pot.

Photos are enough evidence and there are plenty of them. It's understandable the supplier is asking for photos. But even after viewing the photos they are still asking people to file a claim against UPS knowing the damaged cells is the result of their lousy packaging. UPS is NOT at fault.

I agree. Keeping others from this supplier is pertinent at this point. I believe the supplier is stalling.

But, the supplier is, apparently doing all they can to get the shipping forwarder and/or UPS to bear some of the loss and is not wanting to do anything for us until they get it resolved with those two players.
My order was EVE 230AH Cells, the half I received appeared and tested as new. FedEx claimed issues with both package labels, one of which they corrected and delivered to me. The other package FedEx local sites didn't check the notice from Customer Service to fix the label with my address and then deliver to me, so it was returned to Kingspeed. As far as Customer Service from FedEx was concerned, there was no recall of the package, it was improper labeling. Something like a comma in place of the address field. The boxes got separated, so the local offices didn't catch the issue and forward the second to me.

FedEx was unable to get any response from Kingspeed when they attempted to call them.

I apologize for hopping into this thread since I didn't have CATL cells, but I haven't been able to get a response to any e-mail addresses or private messages to @Michael B Caro

But even after viewing the photos they are still asking people to file a claim against UPS knowing the damaged cells is the result of their lousy packaging. UPS is NOT at fault.

In my experience with UPS and especially FedX, either one can make any packaging effort appear to be "insufficient", and this is especially true with heavy packages.

Back