diy solar

diy solar

Deye/Sunsync inverter - battery full, still drawing from grid

kolek

Inventor of the Electron
Hooked up Deye to grid for the first time, now the only way I can get inverter to draw from battery is by physically disconnecting the connection to the grid.
I am NOT selling power to the grid, the only time I want to pull from the grid is when the battery is dead.

Here are my settings:
settings-deye.jpg

Please help!

Check Time of Use. With the settings as you've shown the Deye will power the loads from the battery up to 8000 watts and will stop powering from battery when the battery falls to 49.0V.

as you've shown the Deye will power the loads from the battery up to 8000 watts
It powered zero loads from battery today AFAIK

and will stop powering from battery when the battery falls to 49.0V
It wasn't powering the loads from battery today when the battery was at 53V+. I had to disconnect grid to get it to start using the battery.

There's this similar thread here, but no obvious clues to a solution:

There's this similar thread here, but no obvious clues to a solution:
He posted the solution at the end

So far I found this:
"Max. sell power: Allowed the maximum output power to flow to grid."

Tried setting this to 0.

Didn't solve the problem.

Here's what happened:
Before changing the setting, JK BMS showed battery was at 52.74V and load was -11.4A, showing that I was properly pulling from the battery.
As soon as I turned the grid back on, the load dropped to zero, meaning it stopped pulling from the battery and started pulling power from the grid, and the battery started charging.
This is exactly the problem i'm running into.

gen.jpg
I was previously using the default "Generator input"
I'm going to try switching to "Smartload output" and test if that fixes the problem.

Switching to "smartload output" did not solve the problem.

"SBU" or other modes?

"SBU" or other modes?
Wow this comment is shocking:

"Can deye do same ? I read so.many posts that it cannot prioritize solar , battery and as last resort grid when battery is depleted . Thia is very dissapointing even powmr , easun and all these cheap chinese inverters do this without any issues ? And deye who is double the.price cannot do it . Is this truth that it cannot work in sbu mode ?"

So it looks like I have to figure out how to use this "TOU" scheduling function.

Does anyone have working TOU settings that allows grid to only be used if the battery reaches a specified voltage? This "TOU" feature is not particularly intuitive and I'm not using "PowerView"

First off, I assume TOU is activated by the TOU checkbox at the top, and if you don't have that checked, nothing in TOU settings are active?

Ideally I'd like something like this:
At any time of day:
if the battery reaches 49.6V, switch to grid, but do NOT charge the battery from grid.
I only want to charge the batteries from PV.
Then if the battery goes above 51.2V, switch back to battery.

How about switch to grid and charge from grid when it hits 10%, disconnect from grid above 15%? (or some other numbers.)
Same difference, except it cycles.

Ok, just ran a test whereby I activated TOU, but left the default settings which are all 49V. I am way above 49V at the moment, so nothing should happen. Switched grid connection back on, and immediately the system stopped drawing from battery and started drawing from grid. Exactly what I don't want.

Isn't 49V the trigger if every option in TOU is set to 49V? If you're above 49V, it shouldn't do anything, should it?

Back