diy solar

diy solar

First Midnite Solar Rosie inverter outside the factory

I was going to say, "Hey, how about starting an induction motor", because I think Midnight's 4x DeWalt compressors were brush type. But good to see your Ingersoll Rand is an induction motor. Better stress test! What are the ratings on its motor?

You described the low-frequency Schneider as using relay to disconnect load from inverter, reconnect to grid, and said benefit of high-frequency inverter such as Rosie was it just connects (without dropout.) There are low-frequency inverters that also synchronize and connect with SPST relay.

Disconnect grid at the pole so you can backfeed to compressor from inverter? I'd rather it was properly interlocked. (Yeah, I know, "Trust me, I'm a professional!")

Good to see you're giving Rosie a tough test. This compressor is obviously a bigger load than the well pump (which would be the critical load for most customers.)

That’s not my video. I just linked the video for general interest.

I do remember @Hedges pointing out the brushless motors in the other Rosie thread.

I was surprised that dual XW inverters couldn’t start that compressor either according to the video report.

Last edited:
I just got my beta tester notice. Is the Rosie Stackable? I need 2 now with the option for more.

Back