diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

Would it cause any issues if I leave the neutral jumper if off grid? Still working put how to keep as few changes possible when going back and fourth

Sounds good, I think I have a handle on what I need to do, would be nice of someone locally could answer these questions on the phone for me, my brain runs circles amd I het lost from one post to the next, I really appreciate all of your help, I'm trying to work on something I can type up that explains step by step what I need to do for both off grid and grid AC in for low sun days

I don't understand why you want to change the wiring from time to time. Just wire it for grid input and you can turn the input on and off as needed.

Every situation is different. It's hard to make a one size fits all. But yes, they could definitely have better manuals.

I don't understand why you want to change the wiring from time to time. Just wire it for grid input and you can turn the input on and off as needed.

Turn grid input off as in turning off the double poll breaker in main panel?

the main reason for wanting/needing to rewire things is because my house wiring is a bit goofy, still working with an electrician to figure our the next step. For now i want to make it off grid but if I have low sun days I would like to be able to charge from the grid. I think my plan for now would be as follows.

Off grid:
1. Install N-G bond screw in breaker panel.
2. Do not plug in extension cords feeding AC input.
3.keep ground to water main connected.
4. Keep AC in bond to AC out

Grid input AC for charging

1. Remove N-G bind screw in panel.
2. Plug inverters into extension cords
3. Keep ground to water main connected
4. Keep AC in bond to AC out

Only changes are N-G bond screw in or out and connecting to grid for AC input.

Is this correct?

Sounds good, not that you have all the time in the world but maybe you could get a trak phone and offer phone help for a fee, I would gladly be your first customer

I worked 12 hours today. On two different locations. And helped troubleshoot 3 other jobs over the phone and text messages. lol

And here I am asking the same questions over and over until my brain finally clicks, I know basic wiring but when it comes to thos type of stiff am still learning, I am also trying to make it as user friendly for my wife until I can get it wired to my house panel for AC input, I talked to signature solar today and I was told that my main problem is from using extension cords and that it's causing a N-G bond issue , I agree that cords aren't a good option but not sure how that causes a N-G issue and to never bond the Neutrals on AC in to AC out

A cord isn't any different than permanent wiring, electrically speaking. Except for the fact that it disconnects everything when unplugged.

That's what I tried to say, I was originally having 2.3 amps on my ground when i was using AC in to charge my batteries and he said it's because the cords, when I did the bond from neutral to neutral the 2.3 amps went away

Back