diy solar

diy solar

I really like the new powerpro battery..

Finally done. Painted the back wall this morning. Moving these packs is not easy:

View attachment 163140
View attachment 163142
This really does look amazing @Will Prowse ! Do you have plans to add a second EG4 18kPV?

I was thinking of converting my EG4 6500X's & EG4 Lifepower4's to 2-18kPV's & 3-PowerPro's. Your previous blueprint with the 2 6500EX's, wiring etc was extremely helpful. I know this is pretty simplified but as a reference it night be helpful to us newer DIY'ers. Thx for all you do!

Last edited:
I think it was just a way to motivate lazy people like me to go to the store and stock up some groceries for once..."Hurricane Hillary, brought to you by Walmart and Costco"
We got enough rain to water the lawn and a 5.1 quake thrown in for good measure.

I've abandoned my interest in this battery. At 309 lb. I don't know how I'd take delivery or install it.

No hand truck or any kind of lift. I'm 70+ and so is my neighbor. My driveway is 200'. I do have a John Deere and a cart, but after it's on the cart???????????
Yeah that's a tough situation. I would hire someone in that situation. There has to be a college kid nearby that wouldn't mind wheeling that up for you for some money.

I ordered the EG4 combo 18Kpv with 2 PowerPro batteries. Has anyone found a way to blend it with the EG4 Chargeverter?
The manual for the 18Kpv shows direct generator support but I am still concerned with modified sine wave issues.

I ordered the EG4 combo 18Kpv with 2 PowerPro batteries. Has anyone found a way to blend it with the EG4 Chargeverter?
The manual for the 18Kpv shows direct generator support but I am still concerned with modified sine wave issues.
I would connect it to the amphenol connector. There will be spares. And that will also make the system waterproof. I would use a butt splice connector and marine grade heat shrink between the two. Actually wait, that would be 2/0 to 4 gauge. Hmmm that is not ideal. Anyone else have ideas on how to connect these together so that it is still waterproof?

And what MSW issue?

Back