diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

I have a prototype bottom, I ran out of filament before it completed but you get the idea. I'm now looking at cramping 12 cells into an 8d box so I will probably just tape mine now.View attachment 8498
Is it financially worth 3D printing cases for these packs? I suppose you use a lot of filament that is not exactly cheap. Unless you just like to play with it and cost is not an object. I'm thinking making my case out of either solid wood or plywood, we'll see.

Just out of curiosity, how soon after dispatch have you been able to track your orders in your country (or continent) . My order is coming to US with Fedex, left on 2/26 by air and Fedex still doesn't show any tracking data. Just shows "tracking number can not be found..."
Once it arrives on the US Coast and get's logged, the tracking begins.
My label was created on the 20th of Feb, tracking commenced n the 27th when things hit Richmond BC (I'm in Canada EH ! ) BUT there was also the delay as no air flights out were allowed at that time, so it added a couple of days till that was sorted by the air freight companies.

I decided to build my battery cases out of 3/4" Ply with a clear Perspex (polycarbonate) top. I do cabinetry work and such, so not a big deal.

Once it arrives on the US Coast and get's logged, the tracking begins.
My label was created on the 20th of Feb, tracking commenced n the 27th when things hit Richmond BC (I'm in Canada EH ! ) BUT there was also the delay as no air flights out were allowed at that time, so it added a couple of days till that was sorted by the air freight companies.

I decided to build my battery cases out of 3/4" Ply with a clear Perspex (polycarbonate) top. I do cabinetry work and such, so not a big deal.
Based on your dates I should see the tracking status moving any day now, hopefully soon.
For case, I'm thinking some type of wood, maybe combined with aluminum angles for corner/edges reinforcement, I'll see what I find laying around, I think there is some kind of plexi glass in the garage as well. I used to do cabinetry as a profession for many years as well, now I make drawings and programming CNC machines for the same industry, so that part is not a problem.

Based on your dates I should see the tracking status moving any day now, hopefully soon.
For case, I'm thinking some type of wood, maybe combined with aluminum angles for corner/edges reinforcement, I'll see what I find laying around, I think there is some kind of plexi glass in the garage as well. I used to do cabinetry as a profession for many years as well, now I make drawings and programming CNC machines for the same industry, so that part is not a problem.
YOU CHEATER !
I have to use the table saw, circ saw, hand saws & chisels & router etc... only "jig" trick I use is I fell in love with KREG tools years ago and their pocket screw system is 'da bomb' IMO... BTW, I built my home, did all the wood trims, casings and everything myself... no synthetics in the house either, all of it is wood, not one spec of particle, mdf, or other crud here.... even built my cupboards & cabinets out of rough mill cut 1" red pine. Home is quite rustic and suited for being in a mixed coniferous forest. (my "avatar" is on the peak of the house) Live edge white cedar exterior, all hand processed.

YOU CHEATER !
I have to use the table saw, circ saw, hand saws & chisels & router etc... only "jig" trick I use is I fell in love with KREG tools years ago and their pocket screw system is 'da bomb' IMO... BTW, I built my home, did all the wood trims, casings and everything myself... no synthetics in the house either, all of it is wood, not one spec of particle, mdf, or other crud here.... even built my cupboards & cabinets out of rough mill cut 1" red pine. Home is quite rustic and suited for being in a mixed coniferous forest. (my "avatar" is on the peak of the house) Live edge white cedar exterior, all hand processed.
Haaah, yeah I wish I was this cheater and had access to all the machines, but I don't, I work remotely from home so I rely on the hand tools in my garage. And I don't even have a table saw, so who's the cheater now ?
But I'm pretty handy with what I have , so a battery box is a piece of cake. Nice work on the house btw, sounds like a great place. Kreg makes some nice pocket screw tools, I've never used them though, when I worked on the bench back a decade or two, we used industrial drills for pocket screw joints, made specifically for that one operation, all adjustable.

Is it financially worth 3D printing cases for these packs? I suppose you use a lot of filament that is not exactly cheap. Unless you just like to play with it and cost is not an object. I'm thinking making my case out of either solid wood or plywood, we'll see.
No I wouldn't print a whole case even if I could, this was just a piece to add to the individual cells.

I’d love to see some nice shots of people securing these cells.
I have 4 coming to be my only batteries in my sailboat (and start my diesel) with a chargery.
I have a nice pelican waterproof box I will have the BMS batteries and relays inside of, but I’m not sure how to secure the batteries themselves.
Plan is to use g-10 board and stainless giant hose clamps to hold cells together. But how to secure them to the box is a mystery. I have some hard foam that may work since the fit will be tight in two dimensions, but I want the box to be able to go upside down and obviously lean 45 degrees with no possible problems whatsoever.
Any ideas?

I think I can only laugh about this now because the rage inside me is too much.

Yesterday I got notification from UPS that my package was set to be delivered [today]. I thought I would avoid the possibility of porch theft and chose their option to pick it up at their depot. I get a notification this morning that the package has been delivered AND picked up. But get this. Not at my house, not at their depot. At another address. UPS apparently "regrets" this and has opened an investigation and will get back to me in 1-8 days. What kind of an outfit is this!?!

Yesterday I got notification from UPS that my package was set to be delivered [today]. I thought I would avoid the possibility of porch theft and chose their option to pick it up at their depot. I get a notification this morning that the package has been delivered AND picked up. But get this. Not at my house, not at their depot. At another address. UPS apparently "regrets" this and has opened an investigation and will get back to me in 1-8 days. What kind of an outfit is this!?!
That sucks, similar thing happened to me several times with Amazon drivers delivering my packages to other people in the neighborhood, but mostly smaller items and they were replaced quickly. This coming from China, what a mess.... Hope they find out what happened and package gets back to your hands.

Sorry to hear your troubles
UPS is currently the penultimate courier on my stack ranked list.
I will pay a premium to avoid using them.
If anyone is interested, Sprintstar is dead last.

My batch is supposed to arrive today so I better get my driveway snow blowed (Ol Ma Nature dumped 5" if wet'n heavy ick on me last night). I have yet to receive my 180W Load Tester or 3-14V 50A Charger units - well apparently the Charger is at my post office waiting on me. I decided I want to test each cell independently before I put together packs. I'll be posting my finding in my Xuba thread. I was hoping that I had my orders placed / timed so they would come in close together... BMS' and a lot of the needed stuff has arrived though but not in the right order darn it.
I ordered the same 180W capacity tester. And I'll be charging each cell independently as well. Had problems ordering that 50A charger - neither PayPal nor credit card would go through. Odd, considering that PayPal worked for the capacity tester. I could appeal, but the idea of sending a copy of my drivers license is not appealing to me (I've experienced identity theft in the past - not fun). Hope you've cleared your snow and made it to the post office. Looking forward to hearing how that charger works out for you.

That sucks, similar thing happened to me several times with Amazon drivers delivering my packages to other people in the neighborhood, but mostly smaller items and they were replaced quickly. This coming from China, what a mess.... Hope they find out what happened and package gets back to your hands.
In my experience with UPS, the package is scanned as delivered, but not delivered until the following day. No idea why, but this has been more common for me than a package being delivered to a wrong address (which has happened too).

I’d love to see some nice shots of people securing these cells.
I have 4 coming to be my only batteries in my sailboat (and start my diesel) with a chargery.
I have a nice pelican waterproof box I will have the BMS batteries and relays inside of, but I’m not sure how to secure the batteries themselves.
Plan is to use g-10 board and stainless giant hose clamps to hold cells together. But how to secure them to the box is a mystery. I have some hard foam that may work since the fit will be tight in two dimensions, but I want the box to be able to go upside down and obviously lean 45 degrees with no possible problems whatsoever.
Any ideas?
You can certainly use the Metal Long Pipe Strap clamps like Will has done BUT there IS a nasty GOTCHA ! The Corners of the Aluminium Cells. You will need to make a hard corner piece "L angle" so that when you snug up the straps you do not crush the corners up... remember, does not have to be "tight", just snug. You can use dense packing foam which is not affected by heat to snug in the batteries into the pelican case. They won't ever get really hot unless you do something nuts.

Now... IF you have a buddy that works on a Loading Dock and has access to a Strapping Machine. There are kits for sale which are cheap but I dunno how good they are. "Search for Polypropylene Strapping Kit". These IMO are the best way to Bundle the Cells up.

@Carly I had some minor issues with a few things... The tester is coming through Alibaba and apparently is at the PO (I just spent 3 hrs snow blowing but the road isn't done yet... I'm on a 3rd level side road). The PowerSupply I bought via eBay from ICcogogo (sp?) and it is in transit due to arrive this week but they suffered delays and extended shutdown. I never send ID such as Drivers License or so, I must protect myself and my identity... Someone used my ID a few years ago, didn't know anything about it till the RCMP showed up at my door with some very intense questioning... Luckily I could prove it had nothing to do with me but BOY what a freakin nightmare !

Amy sent me pics and a video yesterday, but I didn't see it till today. It looks like my order went out Monday.
She said she will get me the tracking info in the next few days.
I don't see any bumps on the top of my cells and all the voltage match for the 1st 3 digits. All 4 are at 3.29xxV.
Thanks to some in this thread, the card with my name takes any question about the pics/video away.
Also the packaging now looks real good.

The formal way of writing is not something I'm use to these days.

My batch is supposed to arrive today so I better get my driveway snow blowed (Ol Ma Nature dumped 5" if wet'n heavy ick on me last night). I have yet to receive my 180W Load Tester or 3-14V 50A Charger units - well apparently the Charger is at my post office waiting on me. I decided I want to test each cell independently before I put together packs. I'll be posting my finding in my Xuba thread. I was hoping that I had my orders placed / timed so they would come in close together... BMS' and a lot of the needed stuff has arrived though but not in the right order darn it.
Hey Steve, are you going to wipe the cells down with some form of disinfectant because of the Virus?

Amy sent me pics and a video yesterday, but I didn't see it till today. It looks like my order went out Monday.
She said she will get me the tracking info in the next few days.
I don't see any bumps on the top of my cells and all the voltage match for the 1st 3 digits. All 4 are at 3.29xxV.
Thanks to some in this thread, the card with my name takes any question about the pics/video away.
Also the packaging now looks real good.

The formal way of writing is not something I'm use to these days.
my order also left on Monday.
Amy feels me pics and a video of 8 cells with voltage identical to 3.29V. In addition I ask myself a question: the internal resistance are from 13MΩ to 22MΩ should they not be almost identical

my order also left on Monday.
Amy feels me pics and a video of 8 cells with voltage identical to 3.29V. In addition I ask myself a question: the internal resistance are from 13MΩ to 22MΩ should they not be almost identical

Now this is when everyone posts their videos and pictures and its the SAME one -- LOL ... just kidding .. Amy has always been very upfront ...

Now this is when everyone posts their videos and pictures and its the SAME one -- LOL ... just kidding .. Amy has always been very upfront ...
Hehehe Hence why I suggested Amy put a Name Card with every photo / video so no one could make that statement (as someone tried way back).
Anxious for Cell delivery today, yesterday UPS cancelled due to a nasty bit of snow storm and unplowed roads.

Hehehe Hence why I suggested Amy put a Name Card with every photo / video so no one could make that statement (as someone tried way back).
Anxious for Cell delivery today, yesterday UPS cancelled due to a nasty bit of snow storm and unplowed roads.

YES -- BUT could she be just PHOTOSHOPPING everybody's different names on the cards instead?? -- (I better stop before someone starts believing me and I cause a panic)

Yep we had a nasty bit of weather also ... it ONLY hit 82 degrees here yesterday and ppl were breaking out their jackets ... :)

Back