diy solar

diy solar

New All in One: MPP LVX6048WP (UL certified)

I hadn’t seen the actual waitlist on the site but when I looked I saw I am #45. Just got the invite to purchase this morning…immediately ordered 2 and per Ian he will be shipping them today! Great communication/customer service from Ian/watts247.
Jelly....

273 people to go! :p

I hadn’t seen the actual waitlist on the site but when I looked I saw I am #45. Just got the invite to purchase this morning…immediately ordered 2 and per Ian he will be shipping them today! Great communication/customer service from Ian/watts247.
So there are in? Awesome!

How did he contact you? I am #57, but no email yet from Ian.

How did he contact you? I am #57, but no email yet from Ian.
Sort of kicking myself. I hesitated about putting my email on the waitlist, because I always fear it would be blasted into a spam directory. I waiting almost a year to finally put myself on the waitlist now I'm regretting that I might not get a chance on this first batch. Oh well

I believe they sent out a certain number of purchase invites where you have 24 hrs to purchase. If a person doesnt purchase within the 24th then they will move down the list to the next person. So you might not hear for a day or so (it could take longer actually). #57 seems like you would have a reasonable chance of getting an invite especially since the price went up to $2200.

Sort of kicking myself. I hesitated about putting my email on the waitlist, because I always fear it would be blasted into a spam directory. I waiting almost a year to finally put myself on the waitlist now I'm regretting that I might not get a chance on this first batch. Oh well
He only got 50 units with this delivery but hopefully he has other batches on the way given the intense interest.

Wow only 50 with over 300 waiting. This shortage is ridiculous...
I just purchased two from Ian! From the UL test pics, I do not see a transformer. Also, the test states even though they are IP65 rated, they are designed for indoor use. I saw fans in the pic.
These may not be the panecea I was hoping for.

That being said, it seems they can be grid tied, so I am hopeful they will work with my SMA inverters. If not, I may just replace the SMA's with these.

I just purchased two from Ian! From the UL test pics, I do not see a transformer. Also, the test states even though they are IP65 rated, they are designed for indoor use. I saw fans in the pic.
These may not be the panecea I was hoping for.

That being said, it seems they can be grid tied, so I am hopeful they will work with my SMA inverters. If not, I may just replace the SMA's with these.
Can't wait to see them, I hope you can share some pics. I will probably have to go with something else, at least for now, as my house is framed, and I am not too far off from electrical.

They arrived yesterday but I was out of town. Should be home later tonight and I can post pictures tomorrow.
We are building a house also and I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get this model in time. I needed my units by July so getting two in the first shipment fixed that concern. We are building remotely in Mexico though so totally off grid and no real code requirements to meet. If I couldn’t get these on time I had decided to go with the lvx6048 (no WP) as I wanted the low frequency inverter for better peak power.

They arrived yesterday but I was out of town. Should be home later tonight and I can post pictures tomorrow.
We are building a house also and I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get this model in time. I needed my units by July so getting two in the first shipment fixed that concern. We are building remotely in Mexico though so totally off grid and no real code requirements to meet. If I couldn’t get these on time I had decided to go with the lvx6048 (no WP) as I wanted the low frequency inverter for better peak power.
What drew my interest is the PV voltage and being able to feed the grid. I will probably end up with the LVX6048, but it will complicate my solar array. I am shooting for x54 ~300 watt panels, and 450v would have made that a lot easier.

That allowable PV input was another reason I wanted the WP model but I figured I could work around that with a PV combiner as the non WP accepts 27amps and WP version only 15amps. I am shooting for a 10-12kw array (approx 24 x 440w) so not as big as yours.

What drew my interest is the PV voltage and being able to feed the grid. I will probably end up with the LVX6048, but it will complicate my solar array. I am shooting for x54 ~300 watt panels, and 450v would have made that a lot easier.
The manual is a bit confusing on total volts across MPPT1 and MPPT2, and there are typos. Ian said he would be doing a youtube video on the WP model to head off many questions from customers.

Attachments

• LVX6048WP-manual (1).pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
I have not seen any reference to CT in the manual, but it does show time of day limits that can be manually set.
Never messed with anything that had time of day limits. Would a Ct need to be used for that?

Back