diy solar

diy solar

Safe Distance from Inverter / Chargers -

I prefer my gear in separate buildings not because of EMF but because I’m paranoid about fire. And it’s not the battery chemistry (I’m more nervous of my parents old lead acid system). Just all of the connection points and complexity.

Probably makes the insurance person happier too. We have no code inspectors nor are we bound by the NEC in my area (though I generally follow it, but might ignore rapid shutdown should I panel the roof of outbuildings…again, making a system more complex).

I prefer my gear in separate buildings not because of EMF but because I’m paranoid about fire. And it’s not the battery chemistry (I’m more nervous of my parents old lead acid system). Just all of the connection points and complexity.

Probably makes the insurance person happier too. We have no code inspectors nor are we bound by the NEC in my area (though I generally follow it, but might ignore rapid shutdown should I panel the roof of outbuildings…again, making a system more complex).
It would of been a thousand times easier to put my stuff inside the house itself since the meter box is on the other side of the wall I would of put it in but I didn't want the risk of being inside and I didn't want the noise in the house either. Thus it all ended up in the workshop which worked out nicely other than long cable runs.

Since all of the cable runs are AC it really didn't matter as much.

Back