diy solar

diy solar

Sunfunkits show their true color

Why? Because there are so many ways to abuse the review process. You can purchase positive reviews and people that never have spent a dime with a company can submit negative reviews.

I have no opinion with this 'fight' but when it comes to reviews, I can understand why a company does not allow reviews. It's just another good way that got tarnished by radicals.
I looked up the owner a while back, IIRC he owns another company doing some kind of web service, it's known to be reputable, and has been around for over 10 years. I'm not going to dox the guy, but it's pretty easy to find yourself.

There's an entire scam industry built around Google reviews. Both paying for good, and being held "hostage" by bad. There's also reviews that are left by people that are irritated over something that's their fault. I worked for a pool company a while back and a woman posted a raving-karen review about how we overcharged her, and basically said she paid like $1,500 for a pool opening. We looked her up in the system, and a bunch of her equipment had been severely mechanically damaged over the winter, and she neglected to mention that the majority of that payment was for fixing her stuff, not the opening, but there's no way somebody reading the review would know that.

I do pool work on my own now, and I don't even have a Google profile, everything is word of mouth, partly because I don't have the time for much new business, but also partly because I'm worried about getting caught up in some sort of reviews BS.

I'm not standing up for the the owner of SFK at all, especially if the allegations against him are true, but to me, it doesn't really seem like his business practices are in question, it's his ethical decisions that are concerning.

Why? Because there are so many ways to abuse the review process. You can purchase positive reviews and people that never have spent a dime with a company can submit negative reviews.

I have no opinion with this 'fight' but when it comes to reviews, I can understand why a company does not allow reviews. It's just another good way that got tarnished by radicals.
I could have written the same thing. Internet reviews are for the gullible. Glassdoor, for example, magically spools off negative reviews if you become a corporate member. They claim no. I have seen otherwise.

I have a small business and word of mouth has got me way more business than I can handle. I do not advertise and what my customers say about me is proof enough that I must be doing something right. I'm glad I do not want to be any bigger than I am. I like what I do and I really do not want to start running a business. It certainly would take all the time away from what I do best.

I have a small business and word of mouth has got me way more business than I can handle. I do not advertise and what my customers say about me is proof enough that I must be doing something right. I'm glad I do not want to be any bigger than I am. I like what I do and I really do not want to start running a business. It certainly would take all the time away from what I do best.
Trick to running a bigger business is to hire smart people, pay them well, and delegate anything you don’t want to do - including most of your job if you want.

Takes a whoooooooole lot of up front sweat equity and subsequent monetary reinvestment to do that though. And creating processes and systems (which you can also delegate).

Trick is to become big enough to scale but small enough to stay agile. IMHO.

Yea this whole Ray/SFK drama is crazy and makes no sense to me…. Either way I am glad as I decided NOT to order from Docan and went with 18650batterystore…. It was either going to be them or direct from EVE which was unlikely due to how scammy they acted (Meteor Ye)…

Yea this whole Ray/SFK drama is crazy and makes no sense to me…. Either way I am glad as I decided NOT to order from Docan and went with 18650batterystore…. It was either going to be them or direct from EVE which was unlikely due to how scammy they acted (Meteor Ye)…
What you mean?

Just seems there are those out there that it is a plus to have as much uncertainty in the DIY area as possible, more people buying pre-assembled batteries.

I purchased 28-LF280N cells in two different orders from Docan for seven 12 volt batteries and all the cells stay within .010 of each other, maybe things have changed since I got my two batches?

I had one issue with a cell showing up unthreaded, Jenny Wu gave me the option to warranty the cell or ship me a tap. She had the thread tap to me in a week. I will be buying more from them.

What you mean?
I got a quote from EVE but the invoice was from a different company… like he is funneling sales out the company to a 3rd party…

Attachments

• A282EC87-D515-46C0-9C50-2098ADFB79E2.png
    A282EC87-D515-46C0-9C50-2098ADFB79E2.png
    666.3 KB · Views: 35
I got a quote from EVE but the invoice was from a different company… like he is funneling sales out the company to a 3rd party
I don't know who you were dealing with but who ever it was must have been the company on the invoice. Who did you pay?
Maybe they fooled you into thinking they were EVE. I don't see any connection to Sun FunKits. Thanks for taking one for the team. :)
Let us know how it goes when you get your cells. Have you received a Bill of Lading or any evidence that they have been shipped?
Or literally I could interpreted your comment that you got a quote from EVE but ended up buying cells from another site thinking you were still on the EVE site. Then you posted on the first thread that you stumbled onto, The internet can be confusing and I sometimes go to the garage to get a tool and when I get there I forget why I came there in the first place.

Last edited:
I got a quote from EVE but the invoice was from a different company… like he is funneling sales out the company to a 3rd party…
Do you have the link to EVE website that you actually make the contract to buy the cells? That invoice has no ref. to EVE at all.
I cannot see why the money will be paid to supply chain company.
The website is not even secured website:

Do you have the link to EVE website that you actually make the contract to buy the cells? That invoice has no ref. to EVE at all.
I cannot see why the money will be paid to supply chain company.
The website is not even secured website:
I contacted EVE via alibaba…

Attachments

• 3330B569-4023-4A98-8CBC-8DBF4B2D3D05.png
    3330B569-4023-4A98-8CBC-8DBF4B2D3D05.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 15
I contacted EVE via alibaba…
So you made the payment to EVE or to the Supply Chain company? Something is not making sense here, I look into it and see that your contact at EVE seems legitimate.

Last edited:
Last year, I was reading replies to customers who had concerns and I got a bad vibe. Seemed like a lot of finger pointing. Constantly blaming, accusing the customer. That's not how you run a business. Glad I never bought from them them. Almost did, but just their basic battery box costs more than a few hundred bucks by the time you get it to your door. Way overpriced, IMO

So you made the payment to EVE or to the Supply Chain company? Something is not making sense here, I look into it and see that your contact at EVE seems legitimate.
On top of all that , @Offthewall , what does it have to do with SunFunKits? Or did you just make an off the wall comment on this thread and you had no contact with SFKs?

On top of all that , @Offthewall , what does it have to do with SunFunKits? Or did you just make an off the wall comment on this thread and you had no contact with SFKs?
I agree, better to keep this thread about SFK and start a new one if there’s some issue with Eve or maybe someone pretending to represent Eve.

Back