diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

I have a theory that the BMS on the battery is fried and that’s why it’s now giving me an over voltage alert and an under voltage alert today. I just don’t know how to test this hypothesis. I pulled the battery and ran the system. It seemed to work but I think the system needs a battery to run? Thx

I have a theory that the BMS on the battery is fried and that’s why it’s now giving me an over voltage alert and an under voltage alert today. I just don’t know how to test this hypothesis. I pulled the battery and ran the system. It seemed to work but I think the system needs a battery to run? Thx
You can actually run it without a battery. I think @Lighthouse Beacon was doing that before he got his first battery.

Yeah man that’s great news. Run it with no battery. I did mine. It will just blink battery disconnected fault but will work correctly. Put it in SOL mode and try to carry a small load on solar

The easiest way would be to disconnect the battery and test for voltage at the terminals, if you have it disconnect all communications and switch to user settings to see if it works, if you don't have voltage connect without communications and force a charge to see if the BMS wakes up.

The easiest way would be to disconnect the battery and test for voltage at the terminals, if you have it disconnect all communications and switch to user settings to see if it works, if you don't have voltage connect without communications and force a charge to see if the BMS wakes up.
I’m not sure what this means. Sounds a bit over my head.

I’m pretty sure it’s the inverter. When there is no battery but, solar and AC power are on, the AC input breaker trips.

Completely remove battery, use a multimeter and check for voltage.

Based on fault 18 plus the breaker tripping your unit let the magic smoke out, like @Lighthouse Beacon suggested yesterday.
Unit is acknowledging a failure in a sub-system. Errors 14-20 are inverter system side failures it seems, his original errors were noticing problems on the inverter output side. Bus bar inverter output side inconsistencies, errors 1-8. Yes he sounds like he’s released the magic smoke and the unit is now acknowledging the root of the problem, should just be the power inversion board. They had Holmes change his power board first, I wonder what SG will prescribe. Has Sungold emailed back?

Checked in with my uncle. His has been running non stop since install day, supporting his FLA with no errors.
Mine is still in its box, so no errors either.

Actively monitoring some of y’all’s issues and hope to engage in hands on dialogue very soon. Life just has many interruptions at times.

Back