diy solar

diy solar

Aliexpress shipping update

craz z

I just wanted to update anyone that is nervous about shipping during the Virus Crisis. I ordered Wills calb cells on February 9th just before the shutdowns. April 6th I just got the calb cells and busbar pack.

The tracking on Ali is terrible (non existent) until it arrives in the US. I opened a dispute after hearing how fast others were getting their packages from other suppliers. Things are moving and I'm confident you too will get your orders.

On a side note the low temp disconnect bms did not make it and I got a refund and bought the one on Amazon. 3 weeks of packed for picking up was enough to get me to cancel the bms order and order from Wills affiliate link to the amazon seller.

Just FYI:

Ordered one of the 120 amp BMS with bluetooth module from:

DYKB smart BMS 4S 12V 60A 80A 100A 120A

The seller was great. They answered all my questions and was straight forward about delivery times and what was going on.

The fist time he tried to ship it out there was an issue with back order, but he got it out about 7 days later. Shipping took about 30 days.

I just wanted to update anyone that is nervous about shipping during the Virus Crisis. I ordered Wills calb cells on February 9th just before the shutdowns. April 6th I just got the calb cells and busbar pack.

The tracking on Ali is terrible (non existent) until it arrives in the US. I opened a dispute after hearing how fast others were getting their packages from other suppliers. Things are moving and I'm confident you too will get your orders.

On a side note the low temp disconnect bms did not make it and I got a refund and bought the one on Amazon. 3 weeks of packed for picking up was enough to get me to cancel the bms order and order from Wills affiliate link to the amazon seller.
Having same situation with that BMS... Should I just cancel? Guy keeps saying he will get me suffer no loss... Lmao.

I'm waiting for a few things that apparently departed via air weeks ago but haven't landed in NA. Given that other packages are moving I have a suspicion that some vendors aren't shipping smaller items and faking tracking.

I'm sure they are fine as a seller and I understand the current situation elevates the issues around shipping. I just didn't understand the packed for picking up and asked about it with not much of an explanation. cainiao tracking is probably just as terrible as us-sino.

Then I started stumbling around the battery hookup was done with their pre-order didn't look like it was coming back. and ran into the amazon one that is on Will's recommended list along with the dykb.

I don't know anything about if the manufacturing is back to full tilt but after reading this. Bluetooth BMS
I got impatient and ordered the higher price one from the US and got it in like 2 days.

The good news is that BMS is soo cool its like having a BMV712 for half price. the app is cool with all the info it provides.

Getting it setup was a bit weird as i'm not a techie but apparently you download the .APK (android) on a PC and you have to email it to yourself to an email linked to your phone (gmail) in order to open the app. Once it loads on the phone its done and will always work. trying to do it through all these other strange avenues didn't work like zip file extensions basically anything the internet says in order to open .APK's go with the email method an save yourself an hour of dead ends.

I an having the same problem with a BMS. Said it was shipped almost a month ago. Contacted the seller, Daly and they told me to be patient. Thinking of cancelling the order and trying something different.

Given that other packages are moving I have a suspicion that some vendors aren't shipping smaller items and faking tracking.

Yeah this was my thought as well. I have bought a few things from Ali and always saw a legit tracking whether it was epak or china post etc.
With the Calb cells I hounded for a tracking number the fedex number doesn't work until it hits our country. During my dispute on the Calbs the battery warehouse sent me a screen shot of an order number that worked on the us-sino site.(not your ali order number) Then I could tell it was moving once it hit the fedex site a few days ago I dropped the dispute.

On the BMS I didn't get this nor were they frantic to get back to me and try to get me out of the dispute. I'm sure its fine and they had plenty of time left before the buyer protection time kicked in to get the product out I just got nervous and bailed. Its an excellent BMS once you get it.

Who knows maybe the one that they supposedly sent out will magically just show up in my mailbox someday as I highly doubt you can intercept an international shipment when its moving through the system if it really is. although i doubt it cause it sat in packed for picking up for a month before I disputed it.

Ali really needs to work on their tracking.

I'm waiting for a few things that apparently departed via air weeks ago but haven't landed in NA. Given that other packages are moving I have a suspicion that some vendors aren't shipping smaller items and faking tracking.
Agreed

Having same situation with that BMS... Should I just cancel? Guy keeps saying he will get me suffer no loss... Lmao.

Thats exactly what they told me. Ended up supplying me with a new tracking number and it all worked out. Took about 30 days total.

I am super frustrated. Ordered the DYKB at the beginning of Feb through the links provided here (when I ordered my cells) I got the notification that the payment was accepted and order shipped from China on Feb 9. It allegedly departed China on March 26 and arrived in my country (Canada) on March 30 and now the trade assurance is about to expire, i still haven't received the package and the vendor keeps extending the trade assurance by 1 day each day so I cannot open a dispute. I have ordered other items and received them in the time that has elapsed... I understand delays with COVID but it should not take 10 days to deliver once you land in country... I'd caution others from ordering from this store.

I ordered some cells from BLS back in February also. They say that the cells arrived in California about two weeks ago, but they have not yet gone live on the FEDEx shipping. Earlier this week BLS said it would take another 2 weeks for it to arrive at my location and this was "normal". I guess normal is 8 weeks for BLS.

Now the BMS was ordered from Dykbhuang Store and they followed through with what they said. Took about 30 days total to ship.

I suggest canceling all orders from Dykbhuang Store. I had the BMS on order since February as well and they have suggested that I cancel the order now and reorder because they are not able to fulfill it in the time period allotted. And when I said okay give me a refund they suggested I open a dispute. So it isn't going to be as simple as a straightforward refund. BLS however is shipping batteries as I received my order that was put in in Feb on April 1st. Great communication with BLS as well. The BMS is available on Amazon check the links Will provides on his website

So I filed a dispute and I got only a partial refund in which they withheld about $9 in tax. I have emailed Dykb store again demanding the entire payment be refunded. Super shady.

So I filed a dispute and I got only a partial refund in which they withheld about $9 in tax. I have emailed Dykb store again demanding the entire payment be refunded. Super shady.
Does the vendor collect the tax or does Aliexpress?

DYKB tells me issues with factory. Open April 8.... you wait, no pwobwhem.

I say yeah sure then I just ordered a chargery 8-600 lol.

I had a similar experience with the Dykbhuang Store (Ordered in January). They kept saying the unit would ship in 3 days, and every 3 days I'd follow up and receive the same message. Eventually they cancelled the shipment... I filed a dispute and received a full refund.

I was empathetic to the situation but didn't appreciate being misled.

After this I ordered the Daly 250amp unit but ETA is uncertain given the circumstances.

I had a similar experience with the Dykbhuang Store (Ordered in January). They kept saying the unit would ship in 3 days, and every 3 days I'd follow up and receive the same message. Eventually they cancelled the shipment... I filed a dispute and received a full refund.

I was empathetic to the situation but didn't appreciate being misled.

After this I ordered the Daly 250amp unit but ETA is uncertain given the circumstances.
Buy the Dykb one on Amazon, fast shipping. Mine will be here in less than a week after purchase. Will has link posted. Do you know if your tax was refunded?

Eventually they cancelled the shipment... I filed a dispute and received a full refund.

Being that DYKB canceled your order this might be why you got 100% refund. They should have done this with all of their orders or put their account on vacation mode if they couldn't deliver the product to the post office.

I am disputing with paypal now as i got a most of the way refund but DYKB failed to give full refund but said they did. I'm shorted like 9$ or so, I started the dispute with Aliexpress cause nothing was happening with the shipment. I did contact them but didn't get alot of useful info. I live in a NO sales tax state so don't know if Ali collects and remits tax to other states.

I got my bms from amazon in 2 days and am very happy it is a great bms with the bluetooth module.

I just checked my bank statements. I have a 100% refund from DYKB. Hope they sort their supply chain out and keep getting these awesome bms's out to us.

clearly some of us got their orders. I think the shutdown messed things up and DYKB didn't have a means to send out the BMS's or they were out of stock as indicated by the amazon seller on the reddit thread. Transparency would be most welcome to keep us buyers in the loop.

Last edited:
I didn't pay any tax. Refund was 100% of the purchase + shipping.
No tax huh?! Weird. I'm in California, maybe that's why. either way they're not remitting that tax to the state after a failed purchase so they're collecting on $10 for free. I'm pissed

I felt I got scammed by the Dykbhuang Store. I should have filled a dispute right away, but felt bad due to shipping delays from various vendors in China during Covid. It wasn't the right thing to file for a dispute / refund when the vendor says they shipped the item. Although I never received my products after countless communication and messages after the fact. Seems they kept buying time until I wasn't able to dispute it. From my perspective, I can't trust to buy any products from their store now, knowing I spent hours over various months trying to resolve this, its just not worth the negative experience to be had again.

diy solar

diy solar
Back